1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

***GNOMETOYS APPRECIATION/ ANIMATED GIFS HELP THREAD***

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by duh-rye-won, May 20, 2004.

1. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

***GNOMETOYS APPRECIATION/ ANIMATED GIFS HELP THREAD***

Discussion started by duh-rye-won - May 20, 2004

gnome, you are the animated gif master.:king:

i'm sure some of you other nerds get nice with it too but i always notice gnometoys bringin' the pics to life.

someone please bless me with the knowledge??? i'm on a mac. how do i make em? flash? imovie? some adobe shit? how do i post em?

help me out and i promise i will use this knowledge only for the power of good. the power of good being, making fun of one 12oz member in order to make all the other members laugh.

hook me up!

this thread would be a good place for trial and error if anyone else feels like figurin this shit out. or am i the only dipshit that doesn't know how?

duh-rye-won - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

2 blaazed - Replied May 20, 2004

iquit irock

2 blaazed - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied May 21, 2004

I'm using Adobe ImageReady 7.0 on PC. It should be fairly easy to pirate for Mac, and is fairly self-explanatory. This is what I suggest, I've used several GIF editors over the past 8 years or so and this one has the nicest workflow.

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

duh-rye-won - Replied May 21, 2004

Re: Re: ***GNOMETOYS APPRECIATION/ ANIMATED GIFS HELP THREAD***

ok cool i think i have imageready in the office for mac. what about hosting them? can i just use photobucket like i do for pics? how long can they be? how many frames?

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied May 21, 2004

With GIFs it depends more on what kind of motion is occuring and the number of colors than the number of frames. If you have a clip of fast moving video converted to gif it will take more space than a photo with a small moving part on it, so I can't really give you a good answer. Always try to compress with the smallest number of colors you think you'll need. ImageReady has a tab that lets you preview, so I usually just keep dropping the color depth until it starts looking bad then bump it up one notch.

Photobucket will host GIFs just fine.

Time for my drunk ass to catch a couple of tags, wander home, and pass out. Hit me up on AIM at GnomeToys tomorrow if you have more questions or send me an e-mail.

peas

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

thanks homeslice! do you catch animated tags also?

7. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

gnomerock, you the fuckin' man. this is only the beginning....

[​IMG]