***GNOMETOYS APPRECIATION/ ANIMATED GIFS HELP THREAD***

duh-rye-won

gnome, you are the animated gif master.:king:

i'm sure some of you other nerds get nice with it too but i always notice gnometoys bringin' the pics to life.

someone please bless me with the knowledge??? i'm on a mac. how do i make em? flash? imovie? some adobe shit? how do i post em?

help me out and i promise i will use this knowledge only for the power of good. the power of good being, making fun of one 12oz member in order to make all the other members laugh.

hook me up!

this thread would be a good place for trial and error if anyone else feels like figurin this shit out. or am i the only dipshit that doesn't know how?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iquit

someone please bless me with the knowledge??? i'm on a mac. how do i make em? flash? imovie? some adobe shit? how do i post em?

I'm using Adobe ImageReady 7.0 on PC. It should be fairly easy to pirate for Mac, and is fairly self-explanatory. This is what I suggest, I've used several GIF editors over the past 8 years or so and this one has the nicest workflow.

Re: Re: ***GNOMETOYS APPRECIATION/ ANIMATED GIFS HELP THREAD***

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I'm using Adobe ImageReady 7.0 on PC. It should be fairly easy to pirate for Mac, and is fairly self-explanatory. This is what I suggest, I've used several GIF editors over the past 8 years or so and this one has the nicest workflow.

ok cool i think i have imageready in the office for mac. what about hosting them? can i just use photobucket like i do for pics? how long can they be? how many frames?

With GIFs it depends more on what kind of motion is occuring and the number of colors than the number of frames. If you have a clip of fast moving video converted to gif it will take more space than a photo with a small moving part on it, so I can't really give you a good answer. Always try to compress with the smallest number of colors you think you'll need. ImageReady has a tab that lets you preview, so I usually just keep dropping the color depth until it starts looking bad then bump it up one notch.

Photobucket will host GIFs just fine.

Time for my drunk ass to catch a couple of tags, wander home, and pass out. Hit me up on AIM at GnomeToys tomorrow if you have more questions or send me an e-mail.

peas

Originally posted by GnomeToys

With GIFs it depends more on what kind of motion is occuring and the number of colors than the number of frames. If you have a clip of fast moving video converted to gif it will take more space than a photo with a small moving part on it, so I can't really give you a good answer. Always try to compress with the smallest number of colors you think you'll need. ImageReady has a tab that lets you preview, so I usually just keep dropping the color depth until it starts looking bad then bump it up one notch.

Photobucket will host GIFs just fine.

Time for my drunk ass to catch a couple of tags, wander home, and pass out. Hit me up on AIM at GnomeToys tomorrow if you have more questions or send me an e-mail.

peas

thanks homeslice! do you catch animated tags also?

Archived