1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Girl's eye glued in drops mix-up......

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DrUnk MoNKeY, Feb 13, 2004.

1. DrUnk MoNKeY

DrUnk MoNKeY 12oz Junior Member

Girl's eye glued in drops mix-up......

Discussion started by DrUnk MoNKeY - Feb 13, 2004

Girl's eye glued in drops mix-up

Michelle was treating Karen for conjunctivitis
    A seven-year-old girl has been told she will not lose her sight after her eye was glued shut in a bizarre accident.
    Michelle Skidmore, from east Cleveland, accidentally used nail glue instead of eye drops to treat her daughter.

Doctors have said Karen - who could not open her eye for three days - may have suffered a scratched cornea.

Ms Skidmore said the two containers were almost identical and she felt "awful" at what happened.

She urged other parents to carefully check medication before giving it to their children.

Ms Skidmore said: "On Friday she [Karen] was diagnosed with conjunctivitis and I went to give the drops to her.

"Unfortunately I had some nail glue in the cupboard at the time and I picked up that instead.

"When I realised what I had done it was too late as her eye was glued shut by then.

"She can see through her eye now, but it is only half open."

Ms Skidmore admitted it had been a "stupid" mistake, but was taking advice from Trading Standards and a solicitor about it.

She added: "The bottles are very, very similar in colour - they are both lilac and pink - and they have even got a similar logo on them.

"Trading standards have had a look, I'm seeing solicitors about it as well but I just want to warn other mothers to study medication very carefully, read the label twice if you have to.

"It was a stupid mistake, but if you see the bottles they are almost identical with the same nozzle and everything."

DrUnk MoNKeY - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton 12oz Senior Member

JohnnyHorton - Replied Feb 13, 2004

Ms. Skidmore should learn to read.

JohnnyHorton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 13, 2004

hahahaha

:dazed:

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. anonymity1

anonymity1 12oz Senior Member

anonymity1 - Replied Feb 13, 2004

This type of thing happens more often than you think. My dad had a patient that glued her eye shut, he tried different methods of getting it open without but then refered her to someone else who just ripped it open.

anonymity1 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 13, 2004

AHAHAHAHHA, i was thinking, it would be funny to glue someone's butthole shut

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. Crimsøn

Crimsøn 12oz Senior Member

Crimsøn - Replied Feb 13, 2004

You know that new bio-glue shit that they're using in place of stitches?
    Well, once upon a time my grandpa fell over and broke his glasses and got a cut in between his eyes from it. He went to the hospital to get it fixed, and they used said glue. Well, before it had fully set my grandpa fell alseep and when he woke up his eye was glued shut. :lol:
    It wasn't serious though.

Crimsøn - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied Feb 13, 2004

would have been funnier if the mix-up involved epoxy..

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: