Girl Killed By Stray Hockey Puck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

I know this may sound hartless...

but accidents happen. And every time you leave the house,

there's a slim chance you may not make it home.

Yeah, but some are easily preventable. I would go with nets at the ends, so what if you don't catch a puck. For the uninitiated, that's where there are angles that have a high probability for these types of accidents.

This was just really sad news. Almost as sad as my team getting Bob Corkum at the trade deadline, Aser1ne can agree (I think).

Guest --zeSto--

the puck bounced off another person then hit her.

That means she could have been protected from the direct shot,

but still get hit with the rebound. It's either 360' of netting or none

more than they use now.

last hockey game i was at a puck landed in the isle a couple seats down from me, scared the shit out of me because it just came out of nowhere, i didnt even realize it had left the ring.....those things have some juice behind them plus its practically impossible to follow one once its up in the air....they seriously need to do something.....

thats really sad to hear. I don't think anyone would want to go out like that. Especially at such a young age. but i got to agree with --zeSto--. You leave the house, and your a target for anyone or anything no matter what. Don't they have like a waiver thing on the back of hockey tickets or something?

Originally posted by OPIUM3

Don't they have like a waiver thing on the back of hockey tickets or something?

now that you mention it i think they do.....they would have to....those fuckers are flying left and right for 2 straight hours.....

this reminds me, i need to go to another hockey game

Yes, when you buy a hockey ticket there is a waiver on the back saying that by purchasing the ticket you accept the fact that you may be injured by a stray puck. Thats just part of the sport, such as nascar when a car breaks apart and fans are hit by tires and shit...

its horrible that happened, first time ever in the nhls history...

But thats the possiblity you accept when ya go...

:o

this is what makes the news. nothing more important to talk about than a girl getting hit by a puck. im sorry, but who the fuck really cares. shit happens. there is a lot more going on to worry about than some girl at a hockey game.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

Thats just part of the sport, such as nascar when a car breaks apart and fans are hit by tires and shit...

Yeah, I always use this argument when someone says hockey is sooo violent. I say it's unavoidable. Put men on skates which makes them travel faster and change direction more slowly, and then give them padding so they don't care as to what they hit or what hits them, what do you think's gonna happen? Plus fighting, yeah, so they don't get paid like boxers, but they are also a necessary part of the game for the reason above. In this case however I don't think you can use this argument for the following reason: that the car wheels/bodies can't be stopped from flying up into the stands without totally redesigning the barriers and stands, and that's been done quite a bit.

Oh and tease, you know the hockey puck looks much bigger when you're up close to it. :dazed:

ah, i ain't surprised. look at the concentration of people both at the hockey game and in the world. the media's rapid communitable coverage of shit like this only hypes people up when actually civilization's safety has reached it's pinnacle. serious, i hate all those lables telling me not operate heavy machinery, i want to take the fucking risk dammit and live my life. drink, fuck, and be merry.

an accident like this actually prevents others from being careless becuase it inspires those related to the girl to value their lives.

fuck i'm on an emotional trip

Originally posted by --zeSto--

I know this may sound hartless...

but accidents happen. And every time you leave the house,

there's a slim chance you may not make it home.

what you're saying is more than heartless man, it's fucking bullshit. if that was your younger sister your world would be upside down right now.

nets round the rink would make it harder to see...i know this might sound stupid but id rather risk getting killed and be able to see the game than having the only risk be my ride on the subway to the arena (much more dangerous) and not being able to tell what the fucks going on because a nets in the way.

post-concussion hospital visits are smart

well, she probably would not have died if someone had bothered to take her to a hospital

concussions are notorious for putting people into comas and leading to brain damage and death during that deep sleep...this is what happens after head trauma

i am sorry that no one was intelligent enough to guide her to medical attention, regardless of how she felt at that time

As the article said, she was the first person to die at an NHL hockey game, ever. How long has the NHL been around? 1 out of god knows how many isn't bad. Yeah, it sucks and is pretty sad, but as everyone keeps saying, accidents happen. I don't think they should change everything just becuase of one incident. But I don't even like hockey, so what the hell would I know??

Originally posted by Samsara

this is what makes the news. nothing more important to talk about than a girl getting hit by a puck. im sorry, but who the fuck really cares. shit happens. there is a lot more going on to worry about than some girl at a hockey game.

no fucking shit.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

As the article said, she was the first person to die at an NHL hockey game, ever. How long has the NHL been around? 1 out of god knows how many isn't bad. Yeah, it sucks and is pretty sad, but as everyone keeps saying, accidents happen. I don't think they should change everything just becuase of one incident.

exactly , nets would be terrible , yes its quite sad , but 1 accident in close to a hundred years is pretty damn good .

i do think that each team should put in some $ for the family , they can sure afford it

Archived