Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Girl Killed By Stray Hockey Puck

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 23578, Mar 19, 2002.

1. 23578

23578 Elite Member

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I know this may sound hartless...
    but accidents happen. And every time you leave the house,
    there's a slim chance you may not make it home.

3. 23578

23578 Elite Member

Yeah, but some are easily preventable. I would go with nets at the ends, so what if you don't catch a puck. For the uninitiated, that's where there are angles that have a high probability for these types of accidents.

This was just really sad news. Almost as sad as my team getting Bob Corkum at the trade deadline, Aser1ne can agree (I think).

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

the puck bounced off another person then hit her.
    That means she could have been protected from the direct shot,
    but still get hit with the rebound. It's either 360' of netting or none
    more than they use now.

5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

last hockey game i was at a puck landed in the isle a couple seats down from me, scared the shit out of me because it just came out of nowhere, i didnt even realize it had left the ring.....those things have some juice behind them plus its practically impossible to follow one once its up in the air....they seriously need to do something.....

6. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

it's something that brightened up my day as i was standing waiting for my boston creme in Dunkin Donuts watching CNN.

7. OPIUM3

OPIUM3 Senior Member

thats really sad to hear. I don't think anyone would want to go out like that. Especially at such a young age. but i got to agree with --zeSto--. You leave the house, and your a target for anyone or anything no matter what. Don't they have like a waiver thing on the back of hockey tickets or something?

8. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i got hit by a puck at an admirals game. seriously. and the asshole behind me took it.

9. optimus prime

optimus prime Member

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

now that you mention it i think they do.....they would have to....those fuckers are flying left and right for 2 straight hours.....

this reminds me, i need to go to another hockey game

11. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Yes, when you buy a hockey ticket there is a waiver on the back saying that by purchasing the ticket you accept the fact that you may be injured by a stray puck. Thats just part of the sport, such as nascar when a car breaks apart and fans are hit by tires and shit...

its horrible that happened, first time ever in the nhls history...

But thats the possiblity you accept when ya go...
    :eek:

12. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

i was watching headline news in the morning a while back, and they had a clip of a baseball fan getting hit in the face with a hard hit foul ball....he was pretty bloodied up afterwards....sad story about the girl.....

13. ODW

ODW Member

thats such a horrible story. i feel for the parents.

14. TeaMVCali2

TeaMVCali2 New Jack

15. TeaMVCali2

TeaMVCali2 New Jack

my bad. im sorry. sorry for the family