girl in need...... of advice

dELiSs

what do i get this guy im seeing/kind of with for his bday? i was thinkin a ticket to this hiphop event/concert shindig comin upbecause i remember him mentioning that he was going to go but im not planning on goin with him and his friends at the moment..but i am possibly going with others . is that too impersonal?. so could some of you guys help me out a little? hes a bboy/kinda dj... maybe a shirt or something.. i just do not kno. thanks if any much appreciated .. peashhh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well weve been seeing each other for a few months and we dont see other people. but we are not serious at all.. i know its weird. we never get to see each other. but we have already gotten each other gifts just because. i saw something he might like and got it for him. and he got me stuff for valentines. tho i didnt get him anything. but yeah i often make people specialized handmade cards -that anygood? but still want to get this great guy a decent gift thannks again-

Originally posted by Secret

Don't buy him anything until he does something nice for you first. A funny card is more than enough. Seriously... gifts too early into the relationship would make me run for the border.

I always get a hankerin' for Taco Bell after giving/recieving a gift.

I'd go with the card. Most guys like "utility" gifts, i.e. something they can use (Home Depot gift card, cans of paint, food, booze, gift certificates to places they'd actually buy stuff at like record stores, etc.), but maybe it's early to be dropping $$ if you're not sure where things stand, in which case the homemade card demonstrates some time, effort and thought.

The worst gifts people ever tried to get me were clothes they thought I'd look good in. Big mistake, save the receipt.

Oh no... I hate those "we're seeing each other, but we're not together" types of relationships. They're so confusing. Anyways, make sure the card doesn't have the word "love" in it, or else he'll run to where the REAL tacos are... Mexico!

:mexican:

Originally posted by REGULATOR

delisss---watever you do DONT get him clothes....give him something he HAS to use...like tickets to a concert would be good....dont give him head though that would make me jealous!:D

..id never do that sweety never

and "my girl, is writing me hand written letters, from where she at,.... i owe her a few back... would it be better to hand write them or you think she wouldnt mind if i typed them?

thanks,

tease"

typed is good handwritten is extra nice. id much prefer handwritten but thats just me

thanks for the help ya'll..err i said ya'll?

get him what you think he would like. you cant ask people who dont know him. theres gurls i would buy flowers for and then theres ones im more close to that i would get them something funny like a weird looking purse or soemthing they would laugh at.

guys who aren't writers just are too hard to get shit for..id be like..hook it up with a home depot gift card...im into weird shit...so i dont know what to say...buy him something crazy like some lengerie...

to seeking and jigsaw.. of course - if youre serioso. ill make u bday cards..i like doin that ish .. makin stuff.. cards i mean . i made one for a friend i met online along time ago... does this make me a loser..hope not

something homemade is cool..a little card, that's sweet

i wouldn't get the tickets unless i were going with him..

i am all about the practical gift..a cd, book you're positive he'll be into, or maybe tickets to something you guys can check out together..

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I'd go with the card. Most guys like "utility" gifts, i.e. something they can use (Home Depot gift card, cans of paint, food, booze, gift certificates to places they'd actually buy stuff at like record stores, etc.), but maybe it's early to be dropping $$ if you're not sure where things stand, in which case the homemade card demonstrates some time, effort and thought.

The worst gifts people ever tried to get me were clothes they thought I'd look good in. Big mistake, save the receipt.

Cracked hit the nail on the head!!! except just get a gift certificate let hime chose what he wants! but for sure go to a hardware or electronics store you cant go wrong... or if a beer store gave give certificates!! that shit would be awesome:idea:

Guest mikro137

i vote on the homemade tip. i love when my girl makes me stuff. and i also agree , the were seeing eachother but were no together thing , its about confusing. my girl got me for my birthday , a huge gang of chik-o-sticks (think butterfinger inside with coconut outside) and all of the simpsons pez despensers (very cool very hard to find) i dunno think like that , i mean i dont know too many dudes that are "hip hop" that would be down with some flowers. me i appreciate everything my girl does (im emo like that) because it comes from her heart. if he doesnt get that , then hes not worth spending money on. nahimean-ya heard:king:

Archived