Gillette Mach 3 vs. Schick Qautro.

old*824

being part italian i got blessed/cursed with steel like facial hair. i have a five oclock shadow after i shave.

so my moms got me the new schick qautro after using a mach 3 for many satisfied years, in fact i cant even use anything else cause it hurts.

so i thought id try the new schick and thought it would work better due to the extra blade.

I WAS WRONG.

it doesnt shave as close, causes more nicks and the cartridges only last about half as long.

i think its due to the spacing of the blades on the cartridge.

old8...consumer reports like a motherfucker.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Me and a girl I hang out with entirely too much had a conversation about this.

We tried to think of what they would say when they finally got to the 12 blade razor.. and we decided on "what are you a bitch man using your 11 blade razor? get the fuck out of here"..

and then it would be named the Shick Dozen or the Whatever Dozen.

yeah. I say we hang out too much because we actually talked about this for a good 10 minutes.

lucky you....

im finna pick up a old straight razor you sharpen on a leather strap.

bics fuck my face up cause they go dull halfway though.

seriously though, the mach 3 has game on the qautro cause of the cartridge design. 3 sharp blades with more space between them in my opinion work better than four crammed into a cartiridge that usually has two.

Mach3

Clean, smooth, & efficient.

We tried to think of what they would say when they finally got to the 12 blade razor.. and we decided on "what are you a bitch man using your 11 blade razor? get the fuck out of here"..

I saw a skit on Mad TV about this and it was pretty funny.

With 17 blades the hair never grows back because it also removes several layers of skin!

:lol:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The meetings at the Gillette Product Development Dept. nowadays must be fascinating...

Dept. Head: "Okay people, this is important. They got 4 blades now, so what do we do, what ideas you got?"

*everyone stares at each other for a few minutes

Designer 1: "Um... we go for 5 blades?"

Designer 2: "5 blades and TWO handles!!"

Being German and Finish I get some gnarly

facial hair... almost Viking-steeze but I'm not

Dutch... the Mach 3 is the only way to go for

me. That Schick thing is fucking geek as hell,

it's all plastic and Fisher Price "My First Mult-

Razor" looking.

Fuck that thing. Poopdick razors get shit on from

the center of the internet.

I too am cursed with facial hair that has its own facial hair.

The only drawback to the Mach 3 is that it's hard to do precision work. ie trimming around a goatee or sideburns. The way it flexes makes the close trimming hard.

But it works excellent on my balls!

i too have had a conversation, or three, about the increasing number of blades on disposable razors, and when this may end..hilarity..

however, they finally started making ladies' razors with 3 blades, and i have to admit, the shit is crazy close..i am totally down for three blades..i'll try the four blades as well, fuggit, i like that shit hairless...

and when they come out with the Bic Dirty Dozen or whatever the fuck, i'll buy that shit too.:lol:

Archived