Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Giant vs Giant

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by imported_b0b, Jan 10, 2005.

1. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

Joint show by the 2 Giants. Details here

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

for some reason I thought I remembered there being some animosity between the two of them. not really sure where I heard/read that or why. if there was guess its been worked out.

3. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

if there was animosity it probably wouldnt extend beyond
    Mike Giant's website getting a zillion requests for Obey The Posse stickers

* and what? the gallery's full time sponsor is Molson? Take off eh ya hoser!.

4. geist

geist Junior Member

What you expect? they've both taken their graf to a highly comercial level and highly visible level - molson's figguring to make some $ off it. Granted I own a few Obey shirts as well...but still. It's a product and they're trying (and for the most part succeeding) at selling it to it's "target audience".

More power to em - as an artist myself (digital and traditional) I say congrats on making $ off yer art - shit's hard to do and they're fuckin succeeding at it quite well.

5. dear sas

dear sas Junior Member

i was there....shit was sick.

6. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

Please elaborate; would be good to hear about it.

7. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

I don't want to passaround rumors but^ I heard some drama went down with a dash of art theft...Reality or some ol' bull shit?

8. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

[attachmentid=5982][attachmentid=5981]Photo stolen from here. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

9. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

10. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

my comments about Molson sponsoring the show
    aren't really about a beer company being involved,
    but which Molson itself as sponsor. Maybe it's because
    I'm a canadian and up here molson's whole campaign
    is 'I am Canadian' so it's funny to see them sell to a
    market that is certainly a little more specific, and a little
    more underground and hip.