1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

gettin'upforwork

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BROWNer, Jul 29, 2002.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

gettin'upforwork

Discussion started by BROWNer - Jul 29, 2002

i got up @ 4:50am today.
    shit is not funny. in another
    10(5:35am)minutes i get to hop on
    my bike and ride about 15km*..
    good times.

*while yawning profusely:eek: <yawning

2. imported_Tesseract - Replied Jul 29, 2002

i slept at 6am, woke up at 3pm and in 20'(4pm) i'll have lunch...
    can get boring...15km at 530am sounds real good to me though!!!

At one point just because i'm fucked up on sleeping, i was thinking to change my time habits totally...its been a while since i saw the sun rise

3. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jul 29, 2002

i go to sleep around 9am and wake up at 6pm.

today, hopefully, i put a stop to this madness. i dont have a job...so it is all pointless. i just slept 3 hours and wrote myself a not to go to sleep no later than 3am this time...and if i stay up any later...i also wrote that i would have to beat myself up (which is harder than you would think).

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Jul 29, 2002

i used to hate getting up early to go to work, and i still do hate getting up real early... but, the morning bike ride is always nice, especially that early. and barring any major catastrophe that may await you on the road, you usually wind up at work in a very good mood with the engine already running. knawhatumean?

5. amerika

amerika New Jack

amerika - Replied Jul 29, 2002

i need my walk to work...it's where I recollect the previous day and maybe a dream I had the night before. i do all my heavy thinking and planning for the day. i like to sing alot too on the way to work, it puts me in a good mood, and wakes me up. i usually hit up the 7-11 first for cigarettes and a red bull (i dont drink coffee), and maybe a breakfast bite or something if I feel like eating. my 15 minute walk to work is really what gets my day started, and probably the most enjoyable part of my day...well most relaxing.

amerika - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus 12oz Member

Ken E. Bus - Replied Jul 29, 2002

I have to get up and be on a 6:13 am bus every morning to get to work by 7:00. I take my shower and all that the night before so I can sleep longer. I swear I can get up and be out of the house in like 5 minutes.

Ken E. Bus - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Jul 29, 2002

oh... I cant wait.... in 2 weeks I'll be living 15 minutes (by foot) from the office.

and I dont start working untill noon anyways...
    (but I really cant sleep past 10, even on weekends)
    so it's productive time....

Like Cosmo Kramer and the Power Naps.

8. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Jul 29, 2002

Yesterday, I went to see Road to Perdition at night. Then we went to eat at a very nice Thai restaurant. Afterwards, we went to a little bar/club thing where they were playing the fucking best jazzy house ever, there was a nice little grooving circle going on, and I tore the place apart. I don't think I've ever danced that good in my life, and I didn't even go down on the floor, just strictly uprocks. I got props and winks from an insanely good-looking bartender.

Then I went to the beach, where we spent 8 hours walking along the reef and finally settling down with a nice blanket, some rum and some coke. The best part: I was joined all this time by my friend and two exotically gorgeous middle eastern women. I got home at 10 AM, and then the cable guy showed up to set up my steezy, so I'm very proud to announce I'm on a ridiculously fast cable connection. Tomorrow I leave to Puerto Rico for a week, hopefully to enjoy some kind of boat partying with my deranged parents.

...and I didn't even have to use my AK, I gotta say, today was a good day. Beer,

El mamerro

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

^ good to hear !!

remember the bit in Road to Perdition where Paul Newman gives
    Michael Jr. the coin and talks about 'keeping you word' and 'honour'?

yeas... dope! (always good to hear)

10. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Jul 29, 2002

Yep yep. You'll be sad to hear that I was a bit dissppointed by the movie. I was expecting a lot more. Still a solid movie, but not the crazy Oscar-demolisher people had made it out to be. Beer,

El Mamerro

11. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Jul 29, 2002

i had sex last night..

so i didnt get to sleep till around 5. I woke up at 9 something, and we went at it agian...hehe...then i got on here.

I love life.

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

it's too bad that the most interesting character (jude law)
    hardly had any character development. (well except for what happened at the end).

and on the side note... deep jazz house?
    I honestly think that 1% of this fourm that can enjoy it.

13. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Jul 29, 2002

So very true... Jude Law kicked some serious ass and I wanted to see a lot more of him and his creepy little teeth.

I am entirely aware that pretty much no one in here enjoys house music, but then most people here aren't hardcore into dancing as I am. I hardly tolerate most house, but when it's good, it's GOOD. And i'm not talking about shaking the tush a little with the girlies, I'm talking about clearing up a space and going all out, bare-your-fucking-soul dancing. To merely listen to, deep house is pretty fucking lame. To dance your heart out, there's nothing that even compares to it. Beer,

El mamerro

14. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Jul 29, 2002

woke up at 6:50...left the apartment and walked to my junkie infested bus stop at 7:20 or so, and here I am on my first coffee break at 10...

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

and did you notice his fingernails?
    Lee-Press-On Crackhead Nails
    He was one creepy character.

I always found that house (done right) was one of the best dancing beats.
    The generic 'Club-Mix-Anthem-House' really dissapoints.
    But I'm a very firm believer that modern 'deep-jazzy-house' is the current
    incarnation of 'Soul'. There's very little soul in RnB, and none in pop.
    But producers like Kevin Yost and Mark Farina just ooze soul.
    and yes... it's only really appreciated while dancing!
    (and I'm not talking about doing the truffle shuffle)