1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Getting up?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by geezpot, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geezpot

geezpot 12oz Elite Member

Getting up?

Discussion started by geezpot - Feb 2, 2004

I'm finding a lot of crappy toy vandal tags in my city(like every city) and peeps are raving about these guys 'getting up' and how fresh they are but in my eyes its just a lot of toys shooting tags everywhere.

If a toy spreads his tags everywhere(hard spots, good spots, etc.) should he get the same recognition as a writer that just goes out and pieces?

I realize that there is different layers of writing but I always thought graf was about piecing and was recognized as an artform. The better the pieces the more recognition the writer would get, why is this new generation just about getting up? What happened to skillz?

geezpot - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Feb 2, 2004

Graffiti is for losers.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. Daze One Million

Daze One Million 12oz Elite Member

Daze One Million - Replied Feb 2, 2004

theres 2 worlds to graffiti, bombing and piecing

in the bombing world, to me anyway, as long as your up, your up, you dont really need skills, its skills enough to pull it off, a nice hand or throwie is just icing on the cake

in the piecing world its all about style and technique, colors, and layout

the pieceing world is the art version of graffiti, the bombing world is the vandalism part

Daze One Million - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. rinse

rinse 12oz Member

rinse - Replied Feb 2, 2004

fuck everyone else... be worried about your own style, thats is whats gonna set you apart. there are people that notice. style wins over count everytime in my book. especially if you are surrounded by sloppies.
    daze one million broke it down for you and i would have to concur with him.

rinse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. ToYs

ToYs Guest

ToYs - Replied Feb 2, 2004

i do both bamb and piece i prefer the peiceing but bombing has its purpose. in my eyes a throw up or handstyle is basicaly a "preview" of what my piece is... because i cant throw a piece on a electrical box or anywhere with "high visability" i bomb it so people will know my name so when they actually see one of my pieces on a train or bridge they can be like "SO THATS WHO THAT IS" i dunno it makes since to me.

6. deph

deph New Jack

deph - Replied Feb 2, 2004

I agree with some of the points... It's all about getting over however you can there's not really any point in graffiti if you dont want ot get up to some extent. bombing's not all about quantity alone you can bomb and get up greater if you have more style. Not all people who bomb don't care about the style aspect. The greatest writers are those who get up with style your name cam be every where but if your shit the level of respect will dip. The thing that guy said about throw ups is kinda true you can't really stand around doing pieces in the middle of a busy street.

Also some new writers have a drive that is out of this world...

deph - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. thabossnigga

thabossnigga 12oz Senior Member

thabossnigga - Replied Feb 2, 2004

how about quality and quantity?

thabossnigga - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK 12oz Member

MANIK DEK - Replied Feb 3, 2004

i believe in quantity with quality:king:

MANIK DEK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Feb 3, 2004

which is exactly why you will never understand.
    stay at your legal wall and keep calling those who get up 'toys', you're only making yourself look stupid.

this has been discussed a million times, do a search.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.