getting something published.

atc

I was trying to get a graphic novella of mine published... does anyone know any place in the northern VA/MD/Washington DC area? I've been reading about literary agents, and apparently only the big name places will even look at your work is if a literary agent submits it. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? Any advice from anyone? thanks. take it light.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz

SONIK may have some experience to share...

you are gonna get rejected. keep your head up and submit it anywhere and everywhere you can.

In order to get an agent you need a bit of a reputation, meaning a good one, but... your best bet is to travel to conventions, show your work to anyone who will look, and LISTEN TO EVERY PIECE OF CRITICISM WITHOUT PREDJUDICE. Make friends. Refine your product and continue to submit it to everyone that accepts unsolicited submissisions. Eventually, one of 3 things will happen:

1. You'll give up

2. You'll catch a break from a publisher

3. You'll get an agent

It's important to realize that an agent only makes money if he sells your stuff, so they're gonna have to believe you have a marketable product.

Archived