Getting paint off my Armani shirt...

Intangible

Anyone have some secret super formula to get paint of clothing items...like t-shirts, and jackets...I always have the hardest fucking time getting paint off things...or i use a marker and color over it haha...but does anyone know something crazy i dont know...like using mustard or like toothpaste mixed with gasoline? That type of shit....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

check here

some info...

Modern paints vary greatly in composition and it is not possible to give one treatment for all types. As a guide, use the solvent suggested on the paint tin label for thinning paint and cleaning brushes. Treat promptly, as set stains are very difficult to remove. If paint has dried, soften with glycerine before applying treatment.

For oil paint, enamels and alkyd type paints, scrape off as much as possible and soak remaining stain in turpentine, or kerosene. Then wash in usual way.

Latex or plastic water-base paints, e.g. Acrylic and P.V.A. will wash out easily with cold water when fresh. Remove any remaining stain with methylated spirits (wood alcohol) (test first to see that acetate fabrics are not affected). Once dry, these paints are virtually impossible to remove.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

try some non acetone nail polish remover. years ago right before school was starting i had just bought these new jeans as well as some german thins, which i had never used before. so, i was in my room, and got to seein how thin these new thins sprayed when i ruined my pants. i asked around about how to get the paint out, and an aunt recommended the nail polish remover, and it worked remarkably well.

"Oops waterbased remover and cleaner" took a huge rusto black stain out of my car seat. They have it at walmart in the paint section. If they don't have that particular brand, look for something that says it removes enamel paint or nail polish (i'm assuming that you got spray paint on your ridiculously overpriced shirt). Also, glycerine is the main ingredient in most soaps.

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

an aunt recommended the nail polish remover, and it worked remarkably well.

yeah nail polish remover gets spraypaint off skin, surfaces whatever

Idiot has warned me though, that spraypaint and that have the same base chemicals and they could react bad and smoke and burn.....but hasnt happened to me yet

hmmm somehow i managed to ruin 2 pieces of clothing and the carpet in the house i just moved in to.. all on the weekend just gone.

in order -

carpet in my room - has drips of paint from the dresser to the door from trying a new cap which fucked out.

new t-shirt - wasnt painting in it but on the way to the spot my car battery died, and somehow got battery acid on my shirt without knowing it..shirt now looks more like last years dish rag than a fresh new tee.

new jumper - had finished painting, took off jacket, homeboy came up with paint on his hands and grabbed me and got pink rusto all over my freshhh new jumper. PINK ! guess how gay it looks now.

:huh?:

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Fuck yhea I usually dont get any drips on my shit....

But the fucking nail polish saved the fucking day thats fo sheeeeeeez.

awesome... only problem is i cant get it to work on certain materials like nylon coats.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

yeah nail polish remover gets spraypaint off skin, surfaces whatever

Idiot has warned me though, that spraypaint and that have the same base chemicals and they could react bad and smoke and burn.....but hasnt happened to me yet

and thats why you use the non-acetone stuff.