getting fired

SIELOETTE

toaday i came to work..as any other ordinary day..I came to work even after getting a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday...No big deal right..Just to help a coworker..

anyways..at the end of my shift my manager comes up and asks to talk to me in his office..I go along with a gutt feeling that this might be a serious talk..so there i am doped up on pain killers..still is pain..from getting a tooth ripped out of my head..he then sits me down and starts the whole pathetic deal...

I guess about a week ago i had a cup of soup from the cafe'..in which i work in..at the end of the night we throw the soup out..so sometimes..we get a cup before the end of the night for dinner..Most of the time we dont bother paying for it..But i had been really good about putting money down..

anyways...on this specific day as im eating this watered down vegetable crap..my manager asks me if she can ring me up for it..I tell her i was going to wait untill after my tips and get it before the end of the night..well i guess she didnt believe me and went to the district manager about this...They looked a week back and low and behold i had forgotton to pay for the cup of soup that day..i had boughten a communication arts magazine..but somehow had forgoton to pay my dollor that was owed for this cup of soup..

they then decided to call the corporate loss prevention manager..and he said..this was indeed a firable cause...

so here i am fired over a cup of soup..that cost them about a sum of 5o cents..

the worst part was they waited untill the end of the shift..and i quote told me this "maybe this will open up gates for your art career".

.Now i know this is just the way it goes..but i cant help but feeling like ive just been fucked up the ass..after all people steal huge amounts of books and magazines every month.employees!.but they still had time to check back a week ago over one cup.people just dont show up all the time!! for work.....Im pissed...

Guess i just had to let that ouyt..anyone have any like stories?

fuck barnes and noble over all..i should have known what I was getting my self into..with a corporation like this one..owned by viacom..the fourth biggest conglomorate(sp) corp in the world..

no excuse I guess..just pretty lame over all..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest iced out mocha

i got fired like a month ago from a shitty ass job with one benefit (it had hot women there and many) that job fuckin sucked though. sitting in a cubicle all day making a lousy 10 bucks an hour to listen to fuckin arabs and bitchass ladies from newyork yellin about how they want to activate cell phones and such. so fuck them. i started showin up late, taking extra breaks, listening to music at work, stealing shit, etc...anyways i got fired for showing up late. they pulled the whole end of the shift bullshit. so fuck them. i didnt even care...i walked home...down the tracks and caught a bunch of hot flicks on the way home. that night i got a blowjob in a movie theatre from my x girlfriend, and then went and painted some freights. so fuck a job. thats what i say. and here i am now getting paid to sleep in till noon, wake up scratch my ass and draw. i fuckin love it. freelance is the way to go. go to monster.com and post your resume. im prolly relocating in a few weeks because of that site. hope you feel better man. look at the bright side...youll get to sleep in more. and we all love sleeping.

I was fired from the best job I ever had around a year ago. I was working at a grocery store stocking over nights. The crew was made up of five other people. Three of my good friends, a huge, crazy ex college football player (this guy tossed around acrade games), and the janitor from my school, who slept two hours a day (one during our lunch break, and another sometime during the day), and kept the job as a janitor to "check out all the new pussy".... we rocked the hell out of that store....we would bust our asses for a few hours, and then fuck around the rest of the day...we would race the electronic pallet jacks, we learned to power slide the normal ones....we would jump stairs with wheel chairs, did tricks on the electronic shopping carts (for handicapped people).....god that was the funnest job....We made a game using the wheel chairs and power carts, it was kind of a "smear the queer" kind of game. There where two guys on power carts, and a guy in the wheel chair. The power carts tried to run over the wheel chair, and the wheel chaired individual would do his best to break the power carts.....it was a great game....we ended up being video taped by customers who saw us doing this in the parking lot at 3:00am.....and after all that, I was fired for stealing chapstick. The entire crew was, actually, so the store manager could do away with the overnight program all together.......

He was fired a few monthes later for being a shitty manager.

[This message has been edited by Jesus of Nazareth (edited 08-20-2001).]

ive only been fired from my first job at KFC. i look on the schedule and i have no hours. im like what the fuck and tell the manager. she told me to call the general manager on monday (this was friday). so i do and asked him when im supposed to work and hes like," oh, i had to let you go because youre not productive enough.." i guess thats true cuz if there was nothing to do, i would just stand around and eat chicken and potato wedges. what a pussy. instead of saying anything, he just doesnt schedule me.

I used to work for this like Mail Boxes Etc. place. I got paid min wage when it was 4.25. I had to drive to the post office and drop shit off lift boxes and shit. I did everything right and the bitch fired me after 2 months. I remember I just got to work. And she comes from the back hands me my check and says "I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to let you go" So I just split. I felt like asking WTF, but didnt want her to start getting scared.The worst part was she had some retarded dude working there for like 4 years. If I didnt do shit better than that dude, WTF. Luckily I had grabbed some money orders that I stamped for the max. we can. I was trying to decide whether or not to cash 'em, but when I got fired she answered that for me.

------------------

"The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."

Confucius , Analects

pistolsq.gif

"maybe this will open up gates for your art career".

Sheeeshh.....

Never been fired..quit both of my jobs..haha

I think I'd have had to set the whole damn art store on fire to get fired from the last one.

The manager left at 4:30 -5:00 everyday- from then till 10:00 pm it was freehouse.

They didn't give a shit about anything...

frown.gif

[This message has been edited by ink Lunatic (edited 08-20-2001).]

i aint never been fired.. i guess im an ass tho cus i never have no balls to tell ppl i qwit.. i feel bad and so i just never go bak

well, first ill call in a few days but that dies down & its all about no shows. then i just score another job... this has happend at least twice. i did qwit 2 jobs lagidamitly

but o well... im a sucka.

------------------

LoRd DiAl RoCkA & ish

i got fired about a month ago from krogers for no reason. they give you a 60 day probationary period, during which they don't have to have a reason to fire your punk ass. they got me on the 61st day. and i was in the union, so i'm supposed to get my job back and full back pay. yipee. like i give 2 shits.

s-

.......thats fucking lame.......fuck that place....plus i dont know ya, but something tells me you have more to offer then asking some ungrateful schlep if they want crackers with their soup...afterall how are you supposed to function in color when corporations live in black and white...im sure this will be good for ya, perhaps you are in need of a change too...too fucking much....a bowl of soup....LOL....burn the fucking place down...

r.

yeah, that's a tough break. fuck them for telling you that bullshit, like they are doing you a favor taking food out of your mouth(s). fuck them for that. anyway, it sucks getting "let go" however it happens, it's human nature to blame yourself a little bit, even when it isn't even for any fault of your own. it's being told to move out, fuck them all for having that power. and fuck this one in particular for the little looking down their nose routine.

In Texas, an employer can fire you at any time for any reason. The worse part is that they don’t even have to tell you why. You could be going along, thinking that you are doing a great job, and then BAM. It happened to me once.

On a side note:

One time I had decided that I was going to move up in the world and get a real job. I went through the whole application process for a major high tech company (you have to take math tests, drug tests, and psych test). Finally they call me up and ask if I want to come in for an interview. I say yes, call my supervisor at my then-current low paying job and explain the situation. I tell him that I can come in for half of my shift, but I’ll have to leave early for my interview. He says not to worry about it and to take the whole day off. The day after the interview I go back to work. The whole day they are busting my hump … do this, do that. At the end of my shift, my supervisor asked me to come into the office. I comply thinking he is going to ask how my interview went. I walk into the office to find my supervisor and two of his equals. They proceed to write me up because I had “no showed” and left my co-workers in a sore spot. I tried to explain that I had talked to my super, but he denied giving me permission to take the day off. Things started to get heated and they ended up calling in their supervisor to smooth things out. This lady said that I was to take the next few days off and decide if my job was important enough to me that I was going to show up when I was scheduled. I tell her that any job is important to me, because I have bills to pay. I stand up and say, “You just wrote me up for not coming in when I was scheduled, and now you are telling me to blow the next couple of days off? I’ll see you tomorrow.” She says that she doesn’t want me coming in for the next few days and if I did I would be fired. I say again that I would be in at my regular time the following day and I made my move for the door. She grabbed me by the arm and said, “If you come in tomorrow, I’ll make sure that you physically can’t work.” Needless to say, I lost my temper and in order to avoid a potentially expensive lawsuit, I threw my nametag on the desk, said my “fuck yous” and left. This is one of the many reasons that I have boycotted Wal-Mart for the past five years. I won’t even go there to steal.

-Al

i still havent quit my job i just stopped going in it was a warehouse job heavy lifting all day,but get this,i was only part time right,but they started giving me forty hours a week,but i was only working 4 days a week how? you ask.ten hour work days,thats how.plus they let my only friends there go except one. so we'd be more efficiant at work,i feel kinda bad cuz i loved that job when i started $11 an hour reg. 8 hour shifts,plus i got a raise after three months.oh well,damn

Originally posted by alkaline:

In Texas, an employer can fire you at any time for any reason. The worse part is that they don’t even have to tell you why. You could be going along, thinking that you are doing a great job, and then BAM. It happened to me once.

On a side note:

One time I had decided that I was going to move up in the world and get a real job. I went through the whole application process for a major high tech company (you have to take math tests, drug tests, and psych test). Finally they call me up and ask if I want to come in for an interview. I say yes, call my supervisor at my then-current low paying job and explain the situation. I tell him that I can come in for half of my shift, but I’ll have to leave early for my interview. He says not to worry about it and to take the whole day off. The day after the interview I go back to work. The whole day they are busting my hump … do this, do that. At the end of my shift, my supervisor asked me to come into the office. I comply thinking he is going to ask how my interview went. I walk into the office to find my supervisor and two of his equals. They proceed to write me up because I had “no showed” and left my co-workers in a sore spot. I tried to explain that I had talked to my super, but he denied giving me permission to take the day off. Things started to get heated and they ended up calling in their supervisor to smooth things out. This lady said that I was to take the next few days off and decide if my job was important enough to me that I was going to show up when I was scheduled. I tell her that any job is important to me, because I have bills to pay. I stand up and say, “You just wrote me up for not coming in when I was scheduled, and now you are telling me to blow the next couple of days off? I’ll see you tomorrow.” She says that she doesn’t want me coming in for the next few days and if I did I would be fired. I say again that I would be in at my regular time the following day and I made my move for the door. She grabbed me by the arm and said, “If you come in tomorrow, I’ll make sure that you physically can’t work.” Needless to say, I lost my temper and in order to avoid a potentially expensive lawsuit, I threw my nametag on the desk, said my “fuck yous” and left. This is one of the many reasons that I have boycotted Wal-Mart for the past five years. I won’t even go there to steal.

-Al

oh man when she grabed your arm you should have bashed your head against the wall a charged her then sued them for millions.

im not the type to even talk to cops but when theres a chance of money im down!

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i gave my 2 week notice for my last job while my immediate boss was on vacation. i had spoken to the store manager and he said he would take care of it. so... 2 weeks later rolls around, and i decide, hey, i got a few sick days... i might as well use them. well, that monday of the second week i called in sick and went painting. they didnt say anything when i went to the next shift. the next day they called me and asked if i could come in early, and i said no. then, i called in for that shift, and my boss gave me shit and said i was gonna get fired if i did it again. so, i told her that i had already quit, and she then told me that i hadnt quit yet, and i was scheduled for july 4th. fuck that i said. july 4th rolled around and i was at the local six flags amusement park, meanwhile, they were one person short. i guess they called my house, after realizing i had fucked them over, and told my folks not to bother coming in anymore. i guess i want to know, was i fired or did i quit!?

actually today to get my mind at ease..I went and painted..but the funny thing is I had a dream last night about some serious etch bath across the front windows..weird..

even if they did take it back..i wouldnt go back..im figuring stuff out..siloettes tend to swing back into action after being knocked down..

the awesome thing is that i think a bunch of people are quitting on the same day because of it..walk out style..they have other opportunities lined up..and are just going to bounce half way through their shifts..wasnt my idea at all of course..but I think its pretty hilarious...

The boss manager guy is such a slimer too..he would always try and tickle myself and a coworker..like a rat bastard..and just had a real greaser additude even though he sports nice slacks and such..go figure..maybe ill just slash his tires(menacing grin)

Guest K[O]MEGA

your sleepin..ive posted alot of threads..with profitable designs..

what you should do is go back to the store buy 2 cups of soup throw one in your bosses face and the other take it and say theres your cup of soup bitch..

also im pretty sure they throw the left over soup away after you close..if they dont call the health deparment..all food has to be prepared fresh and daily..they cant refrigerate anything..that has been warmed up..

[This message has been edited by K[O]MEGA (edited 08-20-2001).]

Im like dial, too much of a pussy to tell them I quit. I worked at a movie theater and even though it was a huge fucking movie theatre, with tons of people, they worked as few people as possible. We even had managers helping us make popcorn and shit because they wouldnt want to pay for more people.

I was pissed because they would make me work 4-11 on a school night. Not only that but they NEVER let us go when we were supposed to. If it said I was to leave at 11..that meant I got out before midnight if I was lucky. So sometimes I wouldnt get home till about 12:30 and I gotta be up for school by 5:45. Aint that some shit?

So I see Im scheduled for Friday and Saturday but I just dont show up. They never even called my house or anything.

But then I wanted my check and figured theyd just mail it. Well they didnt. Im a real pussy so I had my mommy call and ask what was up with my check. They said I had to go down there and sign a paper saying I quit then I could get the check. So I go down there and my friend is working customer service where they kept the checks. So he just hands it to me and I never sign.

$280 for 2 weeks. Not a bad sum, but that was for 57 hours of work.

Fuck a job.

Guest cracked ass

Fuck work...I hear some serious slave mentality in this thread..."I was too scared to quit"...jesus christ...get a grip. I never could stand a job long enough to get fired, I just wouldn't show or I'd flip on the manager and storm out. Shit, I hated some jobs so much I couldn't even stand to finish my two weeks notice. My employment history is so bad I have trouble getting a job now, which sucks but is also sort of cool.

Yeah I agree with the whole etch bath idea. As a matter of fact I went to pick some up today and the guy never heard of it. At least thats what the fag at Michaels told while I was standing there with some 2 for 5$ Krylons. You should have taken a lesson from American Beauty or Fight Club. Punch yourself and blame the boss. Or tell the cops that your manager fired you cause you wouldnt give him a blow job.

------------------

"The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."

Confucius , Analects

pistolsq.gif

my kind of topic......

i just quit my job at the local grocery store after 2 years of working there. well, i actually kinda got fired. but i dont feel bad, i really should have been gone along time ago...... good old union saved me. fuck, did i screw around there. i got in so much shit. one time we had too much stock in the back so i had the idea of putting the excess stuff in the trash compactor.. like 5,000 worth of stuff. then the union saved my ass again. i mean ive been a decent employee for like 2 years and they couldnt give me 10 days of vacation..... so i quit. stragiht up told em im giving my 2 weeks but im not gonna be here so dont expect me...... fuck, lost my train of thought.

Originally posted by SIELOETTE:

toaday i came to work..as any other ordinary day..I came to work even after getting a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday...No big deal right..Just to help a coworker..

anyways..at the end of my shift my manager comes up and asks to talk to me in his office..I go along with a gutt feeling that this might be a serious talk..so there i am doped up on pain killers..still is pain..from getting a tooth ripped out of my head..he then sits me down and starts the whole pathetic deal...

I guess about a week ago i had a cup of soup from the cafe'..in which i work in..at the end of the night we throw the soup out..so sometimes..we get a cup before the end of the night for dinner..Most of the time we dont bother paying for it..But i had been really good about putting money down..

anyways...on this specific day as im eating this watered down vegetable crap..my manager asks me if she can ring me up for it..I tell her i was going to wait untill after my tips and get it before the end of the night..well i guess she didnt believe me and went to the district manager about this...They looked a week back and low and behold i had forgotton to pay for the cup of soup that day..i had boughten a communication arts magazine..but somehow had forgoton to pay my dollor that was owed for this cup of soup..

they then decided to call the corporate loss prevention manager..and he said..this was indeed a firable cause...

so here i am fired over a cup of soup..that cost them about a sum of 5o cents..

the worst part was they waited untill the end of the shift..and i quote told me this "maybe this will open up gates for your art career".

.Now i know this is just the way it goes..but i cant help but feeling like ive just been fucked up the ass..after all people steal huge amounts of books and magazines every month.employees!.but they still had time to check back a week ago over one cup.people just dont show up all the time!! for work.....Im pissed...

Guess i just had to let that ouyt..anyone have any like stories?

fuck barnes and noble over all..i should have known what I was getting my self into..with a corporation like this one..owned by viacom..the fourth biggest conglomorate(sp) corp in the world..

no excuse I guess..just pretty lame over all..

YO JUST DO RETURN SCAMS ON THEM... AND SLANG THE GIFT CARDS... HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS... SORRY BOUT THE JOB THO

Archived