Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

!!!!!!getting designs on t-shirts!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FROSTY, Mar 12, 2002.

1. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

ya ummm how do u go about getting designs and shit on t shirts or other clothes. i know theres screen printing but does it really work that well. maybe some of you have some fliks. what about that paper that you can print on and then iron it onto fabric. does it work well. i have a good printer so thats not a problem i dont think. i basically wanna get something i made on a t-shirt. dont know why i guess just cauz ive alwayse wanted to do it. anywho anyone know how i can go about doing this.

:idea: that was the hardest paragraph ive ever written due to a high intoxication level and allllllll.

2. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

if your only planning on one, open your phone book and find a custom tshirt type place that will make you a shirt. i know that iron on paper stuff dosnt work all that good.

3. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

oh ya how much would that run ya. i was thinkin about finding a large saber piece or something and getting it on a hoodie or something.

4. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i dont know, i dont think it would be more than 20 bucks though.

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

If you don't need anything too fancy you can by some t'shirt transfer paper @ the computer store @ about 1.00 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Then you need a printer that can reverse the image or a program that can do it. Print it up then introduce a hot iron to it. That's what I did for my Oolong Shirt. And Dee38 used one of mine on one of her shirts. Came out VERY nice by the way.

6. Stoney Blaze

Stoney Blaze Guest

Find an art store and get a silk screen kit. screens are expensive but if you sell the t-shirts you make, you can make your cash back.

iron on's are corny.

7. wrkr

wrkr Member

8. jah

jah Elite Member

u could have a dad that has a friend that has a t shirt company that hears ur into graff and wants u to throw down some designs for him. or u could take a sharpy and draw on some white hanes!

9. teister

teister Senior Member

You can also do stuff with this fabric medium they have for acrylics at like wal-mart or someplace like that.

10. EL MASKO

EL MASKO Elite Member

Silk screen you dumb bastard. That's how they make pretty much every inked design on shirts and what not. I made the best Blacula shirt. White ink on burgundy shirt. It's classic.

11. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

ya man i tried silk screening in art clase a couple of times. I found it way to hard to get it to come out perfect each time you pulled off the screen. like there would be ink im places you didnt want ink and shit. plus that would be mad hard if you were planing on using many different colours. but whatever:rolleyes:

12. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

as already said , if its small enuf , get iron transfers , they work just fine and theyre hella easy
    if its big but you only need one , get a custom shirt place to do it , my buddy got one of his pieces on a hoodie that went from the front around the side for 35 bucks

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

screen printing isnt that hard, it can be done at home easily
    other than that there is...
    jakprints
    ive heard they are reasonable

14. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

don't hold me to this but a while ago i think i remember a freind getting some shirts made w/ some desings at kinko's. and they were happy to just do one. check there.

15. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

this is stupid. Get it silk screened . if u cant afford that the iron on shit is gunna look ghetto