Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

getting a job as a package handler

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i'm applying for fedex on friday. andyone work at these places? can you give me some interview or just all around job advice?

i tried ups but i ddint realize you have to call back and ask about the interview, so here i am at fedex.

any help is appreciated.

2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

teamwork is a big key. so working as in a team is ideal for you no matter how much you hate people and want to kill them.

i applied at UPS. went took the test interview etc. then they called me back and left a message on the answering machine (while I was at school) to go to the orientation in 45 minutes. needless to say i missed it. i think i'll give them a call as a matter of fact.

3. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i hate people but i am sure i can manage. i need money. i'm about to sell my organs...

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

would you be willing to sell a XxXstraight edgeXxX healthy lung? I mean you have two...make a reasonable asking price?

5. rip

rip Elite Member

6. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

haha

yeah i'll sell it to you as long as i have enough for a little bit of rent and gas money for philly!

7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Mang: That's quite a coincidence, I too plan on applying at FedEx this week. My friend works there he said they don't drug test, you can wear what ever you want, 10 dollars an hour, and you can work the graveyard shift. Worderismness.

8. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

sounds like a good deal, dirty. good luck on that! i'm hoping they're desperate for people considering it's the season for lots of package moving.

9. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I almost got a plush job @ FEDX in the callcenter making 12-14 an hour. Except my retarded ass couldn't get above 45 WPM.

FEDX was also not willing to work around my school schedule.
    UPS was more than willing.

10. sneak

sneak Guest

damn, i know where ima apply for a job soon
    pistol: is fuck the buff still down? i was trying to have a looksie on sunday, but it wouldnt work..

11. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

ups starts at least 8 bucks, and i know fedex is like 9.50

12. FatBoy

FatBoy Banned

i work for fed ex been working there for 3 years and before that i worked for ups fed ex is much better. are u applying for fedex at the airport or at a hub? the airport pays less and more work i drive and i am on the road all day so its a dope job just alot of driving and shit it get tiring. i started as a cargo handler and they are gonna have u doing some stupid shit its not worth it pluss if ur 21 u can drive and work part time and u get full benefits and about 4 to 5 dollars more its so much better just make sure u can pass ur piss test for either position and u have to be able to lift 75 pounds and they will make u lift it in front of them i dont know what im typing right now im drunk but dont drink and dirve u will either get fired or have to work in the office and take a crazy paycut wow thats alot of typing

13. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

i sure he'd be ok with the piss test and not drinking and driving, but that 75 lbs test could show him the door....

14. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

package handler eh??

the gaydar is going off the charts here...

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

the guy who drives the UPS truck up to my building is super cool.
    he knows everybody and chills with the ladies on the steps.
    He used to rock the jehri-curl, but now he's got the baldhead.

It wouldn't be so bad driving around.
    I'd LOVE to be a postman who gets to 'walk the beat'.
    Being a mail sorter or package humper* would be just awful.

*hump as in : to move something... therefore -undertone immunity declared-