gettin started

hjiokld

yeah, im tryin to start learnin to tag.. but i suck so hard,. what are some good techniques i can learn to help me out.. i know the 2 pencil trick, and i suck at it.. other than that, i can sorta do bubbles and plain block.. wildstyle is hard as hell.. any tips for a begginer?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Meet writers who piece on freights walls etc.. not them toy ones that dont know what 2 do either n hav them teach u give u styles n stuff. Cause its impossible 2 explain some 1 how 2 write their tag online, peeps r just lazy 2 write or don't feel like helping.

Stick 2 simple keyboard letters 1st 4 get wildstyle till u do that

Dont do a million arrows

Do not attempt 3D style till u learn 2D

And do a lot of diff handstyles over n over like 10+ pages of hands

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

oh and if you have to ask this you shouldnt be doing graffiti. find a better hobby for yourself.. like sewing, or scrapbook making.

yea, but my sewing machine broke.. anyway, nothing wrong with asking for pointers,. i can do lettering,. but its just sloppy and shit,..

Originally posted by THE CORONER

i cannot believe that like once every month someone posts this exact same subject in Paper Chase

anyone else annoyed with it?:mad:

no; honestly why does it bother you all so much that sumbody else is wanting to get into graffiti? because rather than teaching himself he is coming into a graffiti forum to ask for advice? what annoys me is how hateful and disrespectful a lot of graffiti writers are to one another. and you guys call that "paying dues"? i understand that when you are starting out mad people will call you out and i can understand that. used to when i painted sumbody would go right over my shit the next day, but i'd have a picture of it and i'd be completely happy. still today i dont get pissed off if sumbody goes over me; one i realize im not the sickest writer in the world, and two im more fucking mature than that. not gonna say that it doesn't irritate me when people dis me tho for no good reason. but i got bigger issues than getting caught up in a moment to worry about

i dunno about ya'll but i learned graffiti from biting(as far as sketching letters goes). and from combining styles from multiple writers i was able to come up with my own unique style. as far as painting, im sure everybody will agree when i say "start simple". now i dont even pay that much attention to what other writers are doing anymore. which is probly why im not as motivated to sketch as much and all my pieces keep looking the same. every writer's style has influences, and those influences are the writers he/she was biting on when he/she started. im sure a million of you will disagree but i'd like to see sumbody elaborate on why they disagree. thanks and have a shitty day

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

oh and if you have to ask this you shouldnt be doing graffiti. find a better hobby for yourself.. like sewing, or scrapbook making.

haha. what an asshole.;)

practice. and read before you post anything again

Dont Use:

-arrows

-useless extensions

-any extensions

-bright colors that dont go together well

-cherries or any other type of fruits

Start off by:

- 1.working on your handstyle for months, non-stop...use a notebook and keep doing your handstyle over and over and over again

- 2. work on your bombs

- 3. dont start pieceing till you have your bombs and handstyles at a point where you think they look good and other people will like them

About Piecing:

- be as simple as possible

- learn your bars and the shapes of the letters

- learn how to bend your letters

Tips about practicing:

- practice everyday (not just when your bored and have nothing to do)

- practice your name very simple and if there is a letter you like try to match it up to the rest of the letters in your name

- take the things you like from your pieces and mix it with old pieces of yours that you like

Knowledge:

- dont go bombing till you know what your doing and dont fuck around in your neighborhood (dont shit where you sleep)

- practice everyday

- dont go all out with coloring your sketches

- dont tell people you write that you cant trust

- take your time and you will get there

well heres some tips i think everyone should follow....

and dont be one of those one-post-wonders hah

Originally posted by deceipt

no; honestly why does it bother you all so much that sumbody else is wanting to get into graffiti? because rather than teaching himself he is coming into a graffiti forum to ask for advice? what annoys me is how hateful and disrespectful a lot of graffiti writers are to one another. and you guys call that "paying dues"?

i dunno about ya'll but i learned graffiti from biting(as far as sketching letters goes). and from combining styles from multiple writers i was able to come up with my own unique style.

well it bothers me because ive been on this forum for longer than a day bro, and i have seen it before, why dont u teach yourself, or learn from writers in your local, thats how i did and so did a lot of people, and cry about how "hateful and disrespectful" other writers are, because that is the way that it is bro dont dilute yourself think your the shit because for one week youve decided to impress youre 14 year old girlfriend with your little sharpie tags.

and you absolutely lost all respesct from me and probably from every writer with skills because you bite. man i sucked for like 3 solid years and i never thot about biting. get your own fuckin skills and act like you know, which you dont

Originally posted by deceipt

no; honestly why does it bother you all so much that sumbody else is wanting to get into graffiti? because rather than teaching himself he is coming into a graffiti forum to ask for advice? what annoys me is how hateful and disrespectful a lot of graffiti writers are to one another. and you guys call that "paying dues"?

i dunno about ya'll but i learned graffiti from biting(as far as sketching letters goes). and from combining styles from multiple writers i was able to come up with my own unique style.

Originally posted by THE CORONER well it bothers me because ive been on this forum for longer than a day bro, and i have seen it before,

well im glad that your such a veteran and that your social status on this forum marks you far superior to me.

Originally posted by THE CORONER why dont u teach yourself, or learn from writers in your local, thats how i did and so did a lot of people,

i did teach myself how to write. another writer around here got me intersted in graffiti. i then started taking pictures of graffiti around atlanta and there were 3 artists around here whose styles appealed to me. i studied their styles and combined them to create my own unique style. i stress the word "unique" because it was NOT "original". eventually i quit paying so much attention to the work that other writers were doing, and focused more on my own work and eventually my style altered more in which my influences were no longer obvious. as for the 3-D style im stuck on right now; well the letters aren't that terribly technical so im sure sumbody else has done 3-D letters similar to mine. but for the most part i came up with them on my own.

Originally posted by THE CORONER and cry about how "hateful and disrespectful" other writers are, because that is the way that it is bro[/b]

im not crying about anything. dont even try to say when u first started writing that you didn't get dissed by other writers. seems you probly took it personal when sumbody took out your pieces and held sum kind of grudge as well which might explain why you feel the need to slam on other writers that you havent even taken the time to get to know personally. just cuz sumbody hits you doesn't mean you gotta hit them back. and just because you were disrespected as an up-and-coming artist doesn't mean you have to disrespect those that are below you. thats called "scape-goating".

Originally posted by THE CORONER dont dilute yourself think your the shit because for one week youve decided to impress youre 14 year old girlfriend with your little sharpie tags.[/b]

how am i coming accross thinking im "the shit"? have i not stressed numerous times in my posts that "i realize im not the sickest writer so i dont get angry when sumbody goes over my work"? im not sure where your coming off with that assumption. seems you should focus less on trying to make me look stupid and more on arguing your point. im quite impressed that you didn't refer to me by the word "toy" like 20 times in your post. thats what a lot of stereotypical graffiti writers do when they cant think of anything intelligent to say

Originally posted by THE CORONER and you absolutely lost all respesct from me and probably from every writer with skills because you bite. man i sucked for like 3 solid years and i never thot about biting. get your own fuckin skills and act like you know, which you dont [/b]

lost all respect from you? from the post you put in my thread it seems you never had respect for me to begin with. im confused. for the most part, i dont really care whether you respect me or not. from wut u've said to me so far you come accross to me as being ignorant and rather close-minded. as well as judgemental. and i have no concern whether or not sum graffiti forum king respects me or not. if you like my work, let me know. if you dont, let me know why you dont like it and give sum criticism so i can learn from it. i dont really learn anything from mindless insults. as for my view of you: i've seen sum of the work you've done, and i like what i see. theres no doubt that you're a skilled artist. you just seem to have a kind of shitty personality to me, but then again this is a forum and people argue freely on forums cuz there is no face to face confrontation to intimidate them. so im sure if i met you we'd get along just fine.

my definition of biting: plagiarism of another persons style

i said in my post, that when i SKETCHED i was biting styles to learn letter structures. when i PAINTED, i was just doing simple letters i came up with myself. i have never painted anything where i deliberately stole somebody elses letters or style or wutever and taken credit for it as my own. so technically according to my definition, i haven't ever bit on another writer. only when i was sketching things that i knew not many people were going to see.

haha congradulations on being the only one of us that actually gives a shit about what u posted

good to see ya got the time for that reply bro

go write

yeah... that shit was kinda gay. go do a legal wall or something.

haha congradulations on being the only one of us that actually gives a shit about what u posted

good to see ya got the time for that reply bro

go write

and this is the EXACT type of arrogant response i expected to receive from you. and i expect others to take sides with you since its easier to just simply read your pointless insults than it is to read one of my long drawn out rants. i type about as fast as i talk, so really it doesn't take that much of my time to write all this considering im just simply speaking my mind. im glad to see you got the time to be such an elite forum member who is far superior to the rest of us "toys". ;) mr. 500 wutever posts

NEVER...Up.

Didnt you and your boy do a Peeta bite, on a wall? :lol: dude seriously not everyone bites, I dont.. Look at my shit it doesnt look like any thing...I think your opinion of graffiti is way off, influences are one thing but biting is for people with no creativity whats so ever...You say you bit when you were coming up and it is obvious in the (legal)work you put out...I personally wouldnt wanna be that guy..But hey it works for you.:o Plus I know for a fact that you dont put in work or else I would see it...And you aren't up...And neither am I but if you can drop worthless knowledge so can I...:huh2: :huh2: :huh2:

Re: NEVER...Up.

Originally posted by not_like_you

Didnt you and your boy do a Peeta bite, on a wall? :lol: dude seriously not everyone bites, I dont.. Look at my shit it doesnt look like any thing...I think your opinion of graffiti is way off, influences are one thing but biting is for people with no creativity whats so ever...You say you bit when you were coming up and it is obvious in the (legal)work you put out...I personally wouldnt wanna be that guy..But hey it works for you.:o Plus I know for a fact that you dont put in work or else I would see it...And you aren't up...And neither am I but if you can drop worthless knowledge so can I...:huh2: :huh2: :huh2:

yes he did. i made fun of him for it plenty and he explained he did it just for fun, it was my mistake posting it. i havent looked at any of your work. but dont even try to tell me for one second that you weren't influenced by sum writer when u first started out. how is it so obvious in my "legal" work in those pictures that i put no effort into my work and that i bite? gee im sure wutever style you have its just 100 percent original...:D i dont put in work? JEEZ you people are so judgemental! the only only thing i sort of agree with in wut u said is the last sentence. only difference in what i am saying is im backing up more of wut i say rather than just dropping a bunch of pointless insults.

my opinion of graffiti is just off from yours i guess. i go by its actual definition. i guess you go by all the rules of fame or sumthin? the legal walls i paint i wouldn't really consider graffiti. if anything it is aerosol art influenced by graffiti.

namerocc: i agree, its good to put sum knowledge into your artwork tho

rize: i agree, this thread is sort of in the wrong forum. with all this babbling im doing:rolleyes:

YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF FUCKING WASH WOMEN. GO BAKE A CAKE OR SOMETHING. tO THE KID THAT WANTS 2 LEARN HOW TO WRITE. YOU GOT TO PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND PRACTICE, AND GET YOUR OWN STYLE DON'T BITE. EVENTUALLY BY PRACTICING YOU WILL COME UP W/YOUR OWN UNIQUE STYLE. TRY LOOKING AT DIFF. WRITERS THAT APPEAL TO YOU, MOST LIKELY THEY WILL ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF SIMILARITY. THIS WAY YOU WON'T LOOK LIKE YOUR BITING ANYONE IN SPECIFIC. LIKE I SAID BY PRACTING, AND PRACTICING, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY COME UP W/YOUR OWN AND JUST THINK ONE DAY SOME NEW JACK THAT'S STARTING OUT WILL BE LOOKING AT YOUR STYLE.

Originally posted by itelltruth

YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF FUCKING WASH WOMEN. GO BAKE A CAKE OR SOMETHING. tO THE KID THAT WANTS 2 LEARN HOW TO WRITE. YOU GOT TO PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND PRACTICE, AND GET YOUR OWN STYLE DON'T BITE. EVENTUALLY BY PRACTICING YOU WILL COME UP W/YOUR OWN UNIQUE STYLE. TRY LOOKING AT DIFF. WRITERS THAT APPEAL TO YOU, MOST LIKELY THEY WILL ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF SIMILARITY. THIS WAY YOU WON'T LOOK LIKE YOUR BITING ANYONE IN SPECIFIC. LIKE I SAID BY PRACTING, AND PRACTICING, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY COME UP W/YOUR OWN AND JUST THINK ONE DAY SOME NEW JACK THAT'S STARTING OUT WILL BE LOOKING AT YOUR STYLE.

this sums up exactly what i said. FOR CHRIST SAKE!

haha, i think we all scared the kid that started this thread out.

wowo u go from sounding all mature and adult, tryin to state your case about how you bite other peoples shit for your blackbook, which by the way (sorry to bring this up again) what is the point of having a blackbook then? i mean in my blackbook i use the pieces and shit in there to put on walls, and its all my own shit. now you say you bite other peoples styles and then what, make something up when u hit the wall? i doubt it.

so hey lets fight as you call it even tho u showed everyone here youre really a 14 year old kid....

but hey youre cool:rolleyes:

Archived