Gettin a Job

Guest •nakEd

Guest •nakEd

for all you experienced work people in here, just wondering whats the 1st thing to do to look for a job. yeah this is fucking pathetic, but im not asking my dad to get a lecture, so spill it thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Merdle

Make yourself a resume, buy a paper and check the job listings. Call em up, fax or drop off a resume and try and hook up an interveiw. Look yer best and kiss ass!

Guest --zeSto--

yes.. the resume is important.

but it's not really the first step.

so what is it you might ask?

Determine your marketable skill

You need to know what you can offer a specific type of employer.

Now I'm not going to waste time talking about McJobs.

Every Industry looks for certain things in a resume.

Do you have any training, certifications or related work experience?

My resume is simply a list of the projects I've been involved with over

the past 4 years and in what capacity I was employed.

yeah... ask yourslef why they should hire you over some other schmoe.

Then tell them why.

Guest --zeSto--

yeah... when I wrote all that I didn't know it was for a first job.

Unfortunately you dont have any experience in the working world,

so it might be tough. My first job was as a soccer ref. I'd get 5$ a

game and I'd do 6 games a week. $30 wasn't bad for a 12 year old.

However... you're probably wanting some larger coins...

So you want to avoid the McJobs out there. They suck.

Try to get something with the city that you live in. The gov't makes

for a decent employer. A friend back in the day worked at a snack booth

next to this pool/park thing. He'd just spend all day selling freezies to

kids and cans of pop to girls. Then at the end of the summer, the city

hooked him up with some temp office gig he could do around school.

not bad eh?

just avoid McDonalds. That shit will suck your soul.

Maybe Landscaping (read: well paid yard work)

Guest •nakEd

yeah cool...

you think a place like wallgreens would hire me? cus i new one is opening up in my area so i might appy there

Guest •nakEd

^so u think they'd hire me if a wore a slayer shirt.. with riped up jeans, mud on my shoes.. and a whole lotta piecings..

or like u said Khaki jeans polo shirt...

im going with the slayer outfit

see, i always told myself i would never work in fast food. and i havent. and i will never. i reccomend you do the same. it just seems like something thatd make me come home wanting to blow my brains all over the wall every day. moreso than now.

im actually looking for a job right now.....not hard. but if i see something that looks workable ill take it now because doing good in all my classes this semester is pretty vital. im looking for something that could benefit me like a film lab or something for all the b+w work i do.....try to get my shit printed for free. but yeah.....your young nak, look for something that you could possibly use for things and maybe not hate all that much, even though at your age you should probably just get the job for a little while and go somewhere else to get alot of different job types in to show your well rounded later or some shit.

what about an art store or something? hardware store? you could get paint and other gear........

Guest --zeSto--

the biggest perk....

find a job that will get you laid.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

Art Supply Store / Gallery

Bar / Club

Ski Hill

Water Park

Car Dealership (trust me on this one!)

Gym

Any trendy retail (I said laid not rich)

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon27.gif'>

McDonalds

Gas Station (but you get cash and everyone will offer you rides!)

Bussing tables

Anything that requires a dumb uniform

office gimp

You Are Gonna Hate This , But

While you are messing around trying to get somebody else to hire you, you could be starting up and running your own company. I knew a guy when I was in high school who graduated before me, who was a surfer. He started up a lawn service after he graduated. I thought that was such BULLSHIT. I thought he should go out and get a "real job."

One day I was hassling him about this and he said, "You're wrong. I work when I want, how I want, where I want. If I don't need the money, I raise the price. If they pay it, I take the job. I hired three guys to work with me, and pay them minimum wage. They are glad to get the work, and I'm glad to not have to push a lawn mower all day anymore. When the weather is bad, the surf is good! Therefore, on days I can't mow, I go surfing."

I knew another guy who started a janitor service out of the back of his van. His mom was his "secretary." He paid her for each job she got for him. (This was back when most mothers were stay-at-home-Moms.)

Recently I found out about a 16-year-old kid that started a jeans manufacturing company--Jungle City Jeans Co. He's about 19 now, and has a whole raft of seamstresses working for him, making those big-ass, wide hip-hop jeans.

You might start off small, but if you are serious about it, "Jimmy's Lawn Service" winds up being "City-Wide Property Management Co."

Think about it.

One of my former brothers-in-law got fired from a machine shop job. He was pissed. As he walked out the front door of the machine shop, he saw a paint crew spray-painting an apartment house across the street. He walked right past his truck and went and talked to the painting crew foreman, and the guy hired him, right then and there. Total unemployment time: 20 minutes. Within three months, my brother-in-law owned his own painting contract company, and he has been his own boss ever since. THINK CREATIVELY. You probably know a lot more stuff than you give yourself credit for.

I knew another kid that liked French racing bikes. (I did too--I met him at the bike shop.) He figured out that he could buy and import Peugeot bicycles from France and sell them cheaper than the bicycle shops. Pretty soon, he was selling Peugeots like the world was about to end. His first order was eight bikes. His second order was for twelve, etc., etc. Customers paid up front, so he had essentially zero capital outlay.

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

Re: You Are Gonna Hate This , But

Originally posted by KaBar

While you are messing around trying to get somebody else to hire you, you could be starting up and running your own company. I knew a guy when I was in high school who graduated before me, who was a surfer. He started up a lawn service after he graduated. I thought that was such BULLSHIT. I thought he should go out and get a "real job."

One day I was hassling him about this and he said, "You're wrong. I work when I want, how I want, where I want. If I don't need the money, I raise the price. If they pay it, I take the job. I hired three guys to work with me, and pay them minimum wage. They are glad to get the work, and I'm glad to not have to push a lawn mower all day anymore. When the weather is bad, the surf is good! Therefore, on days I can't mow, I go surfing."

I knew another guy who started a janitor service out of the back of his van. His mom was his "secretary." He paid her for each job she got for him. (This was back when most mothers were stay-at-home-Moms.)

Recently I found out about a 16-year-old kid that started a jeans manufacturing company--Jungle City Jeans Co. He's about 19 now, and has a whole raft of seamstresses working for him, making those big-ass, wide hip-hop jeans.

You might start off small, but if you are serious about it, "Jimmy's Lawn Service" winds up being "City-Wide Property Management Co."

Think about it.

One of my former brothers-in-law got fired from a machine shop job. He was pissed. As he walked out the front door of the machine shop, he saw a paint crew spray-painting an apartment house across the street. He walked right past his truck and went and talked to the painting crew foreman, and the guy hired him, right then and there. Total unemployment time: 20 minutes. Within three months, my brother-in-law owned his own painting contract company, and he has been his own boss ever since. THINK CREATIVELY. You probably know a lot more stuff than you give yourself credit for.

I knew another kid that liked French racing bikes. (I did too--I met him at the bike shop.) He figured out that he could buy and import Peugeot bicycles from France and sell them cheaper than the bicycle shops. Pretty soon, he was selling Peugeots like the world was about to end. His first order was eight bikes. His second order was for twelve, etc., etc. Customers paid up front, so he had essentially zero capital outlay.

This is the type of stuff I have been thinking of doing for a long time and will in the next year.....I have not entirely decided yet but I have a preety good idea.....I will start printing shirts I haver hook ups that will do it mega cheap and good quality. A friend sells mobile phones in Taiwan and has been making 50,000 a year since he was 14. He is also going to help me set up a phone sex line in Taiwan......The minamum I could make a week would be 1000....The Taiwanese are crazy about phone sex...And it is very cheap to run them.....

Guest •nakEd

phone sex HAHA..

anyone know how taco got his name?.. well he was eatting a bean burito,.. then hit the bathroom up... and that shit smelt so bad the manager was like Who the fuck bombed up my bathroom with that shit.. it stinks and its all over my walls.. so the manager asked him.. he admited it.. but since he's a G.. he went back in.. took another crap.. and ran out pants down and shit.. he's now band from TacoBells world wide

Archived