get ready for an explosion of home sex videos.... the ALL SEEING SCREEN....

heavyLox

Invention: Apple's all-seeing screen

• 14:08 26 April 2006
  • NewScientist.com news service
  • Barry Fox

artprint.gif artemail.gif artfeed.gif

Related Articles

Web Links

Ad1049191St1Sz170Sq82646V1Id4.gif ?adserv|2.0|289|113568|1|170|ADTECH;grp=174951572;loc=300;

For over 30 years, Barry Fox has trawled through the world's weird and wonderful patent applications, uncovering the most exciting, bizarre or even terrifying new ideas. His column, Invention, is exclusively online. Scroll down for a roundup of previous Invention articles.

Apple's all-seeing screen

We could soon see a new kind of display screen from computer maker Apple – one that simultaneously takes pictures while showing images.

The clever idea is to insert thousands of microscopic image sensors in-between the liquid crystal display cells in the screen. Each sensor captures its own small image, but software stitches these together to create a single, larger picture.

A large LCD screen filled with image sensors would be ideal for videoconferencing, Apple suggests, as participants would always appear to look straight into the "camera". The technique could also add a camera function to a cellphone or PDA without wasting space, and light from the screen should help illuminate a subject.

The more sensors there are, the wider and clearer the image. Sketches accompanying the company's patent show as many sensors as liquid crystal cells in a screen. If some of the sensors have different focal lengths, switching between them would make the screen behave like a zoom lens.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9059-invention-apples-allseeing-screen.html

hey diddle diddle hev and the fiddle.... shit the world got the feed...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

On my girls Dell laptop when she puts the screensaver as the scrolling text or flying text and sets it to reflection, she can see herself in the letters rolling by. She swears she saw her eyes and different colors of her room.

Could these computers (unknowingly to us) send back the pics it takes of us? Is it possible? or is that just some paranoia "the gov't watching us" type shit?

awesome, now we can realize the planet's greatest dream:

entertainment made by you for you, and only you.

i can watch what i was doing at 3 at 7, and then watch what i was doing at 7 at 11.

happiness is mine.

Please believe I would watch the !@#$% show!