get out of the spotlight.

Guest Wilt

why is it that some writers get crazy popular and sometimes,in my opinion, their work is wayyyyyyyyyy over rated?im not saying im god of freights or anything..but i feel that i definitely produce some quality work...SOME...and there are tons of other cats like that...way better than me that get no props...why do they not get posted on here?what is your opinion?any over rated writers you can think of that get more of the spotlight than people who maybe deserve it more?thoughts please.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's all about politics. It's who you know, it's who's ass you kiss. This site doesn't help the whole jocking/shit talking thing too much either, no offense. I've seen some pretty shoddy shit get by in my time, and personally, I think the whole thing is gay, but fuck it. If you want to get famous, meet writers in positions of authority and shmooze your ass off, with a quiet dignity of course, talk about other shit as well, hide your hand and don't let them know that you are using them for press. Don't talk shit about other people, just keep out of stupid arguements, shit gets around and it may hinder you from getting further. Get into a big city where people will see your work, or push your shit some other way. Work hard on your shit so if you do get press, it is worthy. Keep your shit simple and distinct...basic stylee chiseltip and softletters with two or three tone fades with punchy colour overlays in the fill. A distinct outline and 3d shades which match the outline colour. Commodify your work so when people see it they recognize it, and get up hard. Keep a style stratedgy. It's the whole style of Kaput, Cameo, Awe Can 2 and many other rediculously famous writers. The real way to do anything of course is to build shit yourself. Nobody says you have to jock some self centered asshole to get your work in a mag, start your own and crush those fuckers, jock yourself. That's all I can share with you, my son. P.S. even if you do get shit in magazines you will still hate the scene and it's politics, people will still talk shit, so give up now and save yourself.

I think there are a lot of peripheral people in the writing world.Al ot of people who are not writers currently, but have a big hand in the production of events, magizines, websites, books, etc...and these people are not the best at judging who is dope and who is not..therefore you get a lot of people getting mad coverage, yet the quality is sub standard. And these are the people who are super "cool"...these writers lick a lot of booty hole, socialize with all the other "cool" writers and thus get coverage and or fame...but fame for writing is worth what? In my eyes..I walk streets in cities to know who is dope..to know who to ask about...to jock and give props to...the magizines, videos, webistes, etc..have politics and social issues behind them..where as the streets tell the real fucking deal..there is no being cool to dude so he wants to publish your flix, there is no lies ...you know who has a ghetto pass and who doesn't....and as far as I am concerned..writing is an anti social behavior in general...and half of the graff market place involves a whole bunch of wanna be's and a few dedicated heads...I ain't trying to be cool with everyone, anyhow...I will let my graff speak for itself...and if you see it...cool..if not..oh well...I did this shit for me....there are people in my city..who have mad fame...and many people on here jovk the fuck out of them...but they are stamp lickers....they paint one piece and send that fucker out all over the damn planet..post it up in the Bench...and act as if it some stellar fucking event...to me...that is whatever....You walk my city and you will know who wrecks shop..and you will know why you don't see so and so's tags anywhere..yet the impression given by the mags, etc...is that they are mad up....bullshit....

..I am not trying to get so and so in wherever he may be to judge what I got going...I am on my own trip..

..I would rather paint a wall in the cuts..where 5 people may ever see it..and only 2 realize that I did it...and beyond that...it is all in my photo book.....

Depends all on what you are going for..The chosen few know who gets down...and if you stick in it long enough..you won't need any mags or any of it to get what it is referred to as fame....you only get 15 minutes anyhow...and graff is a lifetime.

If you understand marketing..people will consume and jock whatever it is that everyone else thinks may be cool, or whatever...and graff is no different....the spotlight has blinded a many..and has never shined on many, many more....

Cleansheets......JUST ANOTHER INTERNET GRAFFER..YO!

the streets don't lie.....mags and the web do....as do I.....

don't believe the hype....

Guest whoami
Originally posted by Wilt

why is it that some writers get crazy popular and sometimes,in my opinion, their work is wayyyyyyyyyy over rated?im not saying im god of freights or anything..but i feel that i definitely produce some quality work...SOME...and there are tons of other cats like that...way better than me that get no props...why do they not get posted on here?what is your opinion?any over rated writers you can think of that get more of the spotlight than people who maybe deserve it more?thoughts please.

Some people look for the spotlight while others dont give a shit........I dont give a shit.......But I dont care if others do.

Guest Ted Wakowski

The secret to getting "coverage" is sexual favors. What you don't realise is that 95% of famous writers exchange flik publication for receptive anal sex, and other questionable acts. It's true. Word on the street is that elite, exclusive graffiti magazines will grant you unlimited exposure in return for any one of the following:

-Prostate milking

-Salad tossing

-Deep throat

-Pedo/Necrophilia

-Nostril fingering

-Beastiality

-Anal tearing

-Self-induced vomiting during intercourse

-Etc...

Any time I see a famous writer up in a magazine I simply grit my teeth at what bizarre form of perversion they had to endure to procure such a comfortable spot in the limelight. Rumor has it that, to get a silver panel piece in heavy rotation, **** once took 4 cocks in his mouth at once while straddling the gear shift of a riding lawn mower to the tune of Lenny Kravtiz' "American Woman."

The horror!

:eek:

i know i cant talk, but i think can 2 sucks. his style is recycled seen sketches and his characters are simple and dry. i mean. hes got technique comming out of his ears but really. i could never see how this guy became an international name. I am also more puzled by the fact that his illegal stuff is so dope, but his legal stuff sucks. but every one sees the legal work and says oh goodie.

Archived