George Bush Scares me, and so did his speech

Lush

Did anybody else watch this? It's a pretty lofty, arrogant plan. I mean, sure nobody within their right mind wants terrorists running around, training others, etc. It's never going to happen though, not unless they blow the whole middle east into oblivion. scary, scary, scary. Also, I highly doubt that the countries will just throw the terrorists at the USA.

thoughts and comments anybody?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the speech was good with the exception of these two key points:

-his rational for why they do not like the US

-he feels that ALL nations must choose sides

It was george dubya, so I went in waiting to be scared, but I wasn't that scared.

Originally posted by eros:

-his rational for why they do not like the US

I knew there was a point I forgot. That part was bullshit. They don't hate Canada, and we have the same rights and freedoms.

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 09-20-2001).]

This is very scary stuff, so I think you have a right to feel scared. Friends, regardless of the outcome of this new war, our way of life is in serious jeopardy.

As for Dubya's comments on the motivations of these terrorists...well let's just say if he is right, they got their wish.

Guest Remy Martin

there was far to much clapping...

i still cant belive a great president was impeached for being shady on who sucked his dick...yet we get the great rhetoric from texas about how we are making the world choose sides and will blah blahb balbhabhblba

fuck this.

impeach bush for his first fuck up.

Originally posted by Remy Martin:

i still cant belive a great president was impeached for being shady on who sucked his dick....

He wasn't impeached. He faced an impeachment hearing and he was found...I don't want to say innocent...but they ruled that the charged actions did not affect his ability to run the country.

Not that I am saying he was a great president.

Guest Remy Martin

but still bob11, he balanced the budget and got player hated for it. thats bullshit.

bush turned his back on cali and let his energie intrests gouge us.

i have no faith in bush as a world peace negotiator...

what ever one of his henchmen said really bugged...

somthing about whats victory..he mentioned a slew of things, such as finding who did this and knowing who did this..apparently the bush administration does not see pushing for world peace as victory..and that bugs me that a few people compared to the 250 million that make up this country decide who lives, who dies and where the money gets spent.

and theres absolutley nothing i can do about it.

'

fuck.

[This message has been edited by Remy Martin (edited 09-21-2001).]

Guest Cloud Trapeze

i think he did pretty good. he's far from an interesting speaker though, even when the subject matter is so interesting...IMO he really fails to captivate like clinton did. one thing that really pisses me off about him is his fucking winking..

anyhow...this whole thing is definitely scary.

the US needs to get in, get the job done fast, and get the fuck out of pakistan, becuz pakistan is a time bomb....the US really needs to

get in and get bin laden and whomever else quick. otherwise you are going to see a whole slew of problems. my professional opinion http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

Guest cracked ass
Originally posted by Remy Martin:

qaurter billion

That typo hurt my eyes.

I think Bush is psyched to have this crisis to pounce on and work with. It's easy to get a high approval rating in a warlike scenario, especially if suckerpunched first. I didn't see the speech but I can guess most of the content.

what would be the worst case scenario?

all allies would recruit every guy thats fifteen and up because there would be a world war 3 and thier other troops are already dead.

we go, they start bombing the US with and atomic bomb, we get them.

its over, the world is gonna die sooon, really soon

Guest Remy Martin

crackeds on point..bush is jocking this shit..last 3 times i seen him on tv, the fucker is smiling.

FUCK THAT!

man...clinton was a smooth player from the gritty streets..bush is a fucking rich kid...

not that i really like politics..

fuck it, were at war..im applying for asylum in protest.

italy sounds nice.

what i thought what horribly typical of bush- where his ignorance and arrogance...

how could he even say....

“These demands are not open to negotiation or discussion,” . “The Taliban must act and act immediately. They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.”

now you tell me, is that going to solve anything are we going to get anywhere with bush speaking of demands that are not even open to discussion and threats to Afghanistan’s leaders to share the same fate- if they dont comply with HIS demands..??? what the fuck- doesnt he think...<dont answer that>

that idiot should not be speaking for the country as a whole or addressing anyone in those terms...

infinite justice- yeah right..

eternal denial of the truth...

----

teadr.is too sexy for his shirt.

[This message has been edited by iphs (edited 09-21-2001).]

Originally posted by bobobi11:

He wasn't impeached. He faced an impeachment hearing and he was found...I don't want to say innocent...but they ruled that the charged actions did not affect his ability to run the country.

your so very wrong. he was impeached. impeachment is the act of trying the president to find weather his actions affected his ability to run the country.

so, yes, he was impeached, but no, he was not found to have fucked with running the country because of what he did.

Originally posted by bobobi11:

No, he was impeached. He wasn't, however, removed from office. There's a big difference.

Guest Remy Martin

after watching the speach again,

bush tried real hard...i still think the reaction is to quick. get heated and the terrorists that attacked us might just try it again...

i really wish more attention will be paid twoards negotian, getting a world wide truce, a peace deal, and then covertley killing who ever was behind this attack.

i dont think he was asking people to chose sides point blank with everything. just terrorist hrboring nations.

"if your not involved great, but you better not be harboring terrorists." its no different than aiding and abbetting felons.

for a moron frat boy i thought the speech was pointed in the right direction, and i like the part about muslims not being the enemies and that we respect their faith.

im not scared about that.

"that idiot should not be speaking for the country as a whole or addressing anyone in those terms..."-iphs

are you a fucking retard? or are you just trying to hard at being a government dissident? read slowly: he is the p-r-e-s-i-d-e-n-t of the united states of america...get it?...he is our head of state! i swear some people on this board seriously need to rethink their arguements...who would you like to address congress, the nation, and the rest of the world...seems to me that the president fits the bill...geez...anyway i thought politically it was good speech....certainly i didnt think it was churchillian in the scope of history, but it was good...i agree with eros on one point and that is his rational for why they do not like the US...but then again do you really think hes gonna get into the true reasons? no, not all and i dont expect him to...as far as demanding an immediate action on the part of the taliban, i think it was justified...now that certainly doesnt mean that we should blanket the area with bombs, but we need to be clear and precise with our demands for them, our people, and the world...plus after the us embassy and uss cole bombings we have done little in the way of retatliation, and perhpas that time has come...hopefully to the US will take a good look at their foreign, economic and military policies, and see how these could be also escalating the hate...yeah i got my fingers crossed to, but i have to be unbiased and judge the speech as i saw it, and really i dont think he coulda done much better...just be careful now george, because you dont want a 1,000 year old jihad on our hands...r

Guest --zeSto--

here's a new twist...

In his historical speach on Thursday Sept 20,

W. Bush thanked all the nations who have pledeged

support to this 'war'. Except he forgot to thank

Canada. We're Aussies flying to the US to help clean up?

Were Mexicans pledging their troops?

give your neighbours to the North some credit Mr. President.

Archived