Gay writers?

Sekin

I know that a lot of the time things invovled in "The Underground" tend to be pretty homophobic and I was wondering if anyone could think of any openly Homosexual writers. I suspect that I will get a lot of shit for this but I don't know any so I was wondering.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suspect that I will get a lot of shit for this but I don't know any so I was wondering. [/b]

or maybe you already know some...whaahahaha...boo

scared ya didn't i?

boo...gay sex...booga booga boo...

i don't think sexual orientation is correlated with graf...boo

I thought there were no gay writers, learn somthing new every day.

Im pretty homophobic. I just dont think touching other men is on.

but thats pretty cool. does he get crossed out purley because of his sexual preferences?

The low number of gay writers might be because writers are very few and so are gay people. so the existence of a gay-writer will most likley be as rare as hens teeth.

Welllll....

I'm gay, and I am quite open about it. In fact my girlfriend paints in the same crew as me. I do get a fair amount of hassle for it, seeing as being a female writer is pretty fucking rare on its own in Ireland, and we always paint together.

Of course the amount of gay writers IS NOT proportional to the amount of gay people, if this were true we would expect to see HALF of ALL writers being female. This does not happen because of a number of factors: shitty bloke attitudes, bombing is much harder if you are a girl, lack of other girl writers to hang with, difficulty getting into crews........I'd imagine its much the same case with gay people, only guys are MUCH shittier to gay men.

I have had pieces gone over by toys with "dyke" on a few occasions, but I'm bigger than they are, so they DONT say it to my face.

How many writers here can HONESTLY say they wouldn't mind being in a crew with a gay man, and would treat him just the same as everyone else? :rolleyes:

id be in a crew with anyone i respected, gay, straight, black or purple. i like how people asume that just because someone is gay, that they want to fuck anything that moves. hardly the case. ignorant small minded bigotry. i think you would be suprised as to how many writers were gay. alot more than you think. and gay's are not that small of a minority: roughly 10% of people surveyed in '93 admited to having some sort of same sex relations. blacks only make up roughly 13% of the population, so for just about every black person you see, theres a 'fag' lurking right around the corner just waiting to poke you in your ass. blah. its fucking nonsense. this is about either art or destruction, depending on your outlook, its not about sexual preference.

and just for the record, africa bambadda, the 'godfather' of hip hop, is a 'fag.'

I didn't mean to start this like "oh those gay writers or I am sure that there are no homo's that write" I was just curious because I had never heard it come up in any graffiti circles and people seem to brag about the diversity of all kinds that you find in graffiti.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i dont know if im beleiving that afirca bambadda is gay. just because he dresses and acts all flamboyant doesnt make him a homo. besides, my brother carried his luggage and he said africa bambadda has a white wife that has crusty dredded hair like him.......not that he couldnt be Bi- though.

Guest Harry Potter
Originally posted by crackatinnie

I thought there were no gay writers, learn somthing new every day.

Im pretty homophobic. I just dont think touching other men is on.

but thats pretty cool. does he get crossed out purley because of his sexual preferences?

The low number of gay writers might be because writers are very few and so are gay people. so the existence of a gay-writer will most likley be as rare as hens teeth.

just the thought of your pure ignorance makes me chuckle, I tend to keep to myself out of petty squabbles like this one but for you I'll make an exception..... earsnot is, gay! oh my god a gay writer. why that's just unheard of..... I'm sure there's many more where that came from. in fact his partner in crime sperm is also homosexual. does that make them any less of writers? he is by far one of the most up writers in new york this year and no he doesn't get crossed out due to his sexual preferance. well, he might but that would just be out of shear ignorance similar to the act you have just displayed. like seeking said, there are many more gay people on earth then we would ever think to account for but it shouldn't affect how we live. do you think women shouldn't be able to vote too? if the fact that gay writers exist was the fact of the day for you, maybe you should think of moving out of that cave you are so accustomed to and into the real word. it's the new millenium bro, anything goes......

homos

es i homophobic

homosexuality is UNATURAL :(

look at nature for example when did you last see gay girraffes or lesbeean hippos ?

ints not natural and the idea of having anything more that freindship wit the same sex makes me sick

although girl on girl dosnt seemm half as bad but that probably somthing to do with my perverted mind.................... :D

hey why am i the subject of ridicule. for admiting my homophobia?

christ any one would think its against the law to say somthing about my self. I did not once say i would cross out gay writers nor would i not go bombing with another gay writer.I dont live in "a cave" i live in Perth Australia, actually they are kind of the same, really isolated. thats why i like it. There arent many writers in my city let alone gay writers (its actually a pretty big city but you would have to live here to understand). Notice i said "thats pretty cool" i wasnt being sarcastic. Writing has to do with liberation in a way and being openly gay, i can relate to that because of my graffiti experiances, well in a way.

Perhaps you should ask more questions before attacking me. maybe this is just the nature of the message board. i wasnt giving gay people a hard time in my message. I am not comfortable around gay people but i dont hate them. shite. Please feel free to respond

dolphins are one of the onlyh animals besides humans that have sex stirictly for fun, and yes, there are gay dolphins. there are infact gay animals of all sorts. there is a zoo in amsterdam that is filled with gay animals. sure, it sounds ridiculous, but its true none the less. and if you want to get on this stupid ass argument about what is natural and what isnt natural, its not 'natural' to buy 100 tennis shoes, but people do that dont we? whens the last time you saw a dog brushing its teeth? oh, well better put yur toothbrush down, your going against creation...

and imagine, all thhat homophobia coming from a guy, in a country, wear men still wear skirts...

kloak, actually you are wrong. well, partly right maybe... I dont think there are gay hippos. What you need to do to stop being an ignorant piece of shit is to go to the library and look up some information on bonobos - they are a particular type of chimpanze that have very interesting sexual habits. They in fact frequntly engage in same sex sex, as do chimpanzes if I remember correctly. And, since chimps are the most closely related species to humans, I really dont think it is unnatural at all... Im sure with a little research you can find multiple studies done on the sexual habbits of chimpanzees..

you ignorance agrivates me... I think you should include suicide in your long term life goals, you make me sick

and for the record, Im not gay

more on the subject

for everyones general enlightenment, chimpanzees and I believe also all of the great apes (there are some huge differences between gorillas and chimpanzees, but its not really relavent to this) are the only other species besides humans to engage in face to face sex. Every other animal has sex doggie style (for lack of a better way to describe it) The mating habbits of chimpanzees are almost identical to humans. Chimps will have sex just to have sex with out the specific intention of creating offspring, they have been observed having same sex sex, and I THINK also multiple partner sex - as in threesomes etc. Chimpanzees have sex EXACTLY the way humans do.

Archived