1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Gay Man Marries Lesbian Woman

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TheoHuxtable, Apr 9, 2004.

1. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable 12oz Senior Member

Gay Man Marries Lesbian Woman

Discussion started by TheoHuxtable - Apr 9, 2004

Gay Man Marries Gay Woman

April 8, 2004

By Matt Markovich

SEATTLE - Dan Savage writes a nationally syndicated column on gay issues that appears in Seattle's weekly alternative newspaper, The Stranger. Savage is an openly gay man in a committed relationship with another man.

Amy Jennigs is reporter for The Stranger, a lesbian, and in a committed relationship with another woman. She and her partner recently tried to get a marriage license from the King County clerks office.

"They were quite confused and we articulated that it was for two brides. They kind of freaked out about that and they said 'sorry we can't do that, it's against state law,'" she said.

Savage was with Jennigs and her partner when they were denied a license.

"I said, 'I'm a gay man. Amy and I don't live together, we don't love each other, we don't want to have babies, I have a partner at home and a kid, can Amy and I get a marriage license even though you know it's a sham, a joke and we are not serious about each other?' The clerk said, 'Yes, of course because you are a man and a woman,'" Savage explained. "The sanctity of marriage is all about a matched set of genitals."

So, Savage and Jennigs got a marriage license, got married by a minister of the Universal Life Church and plan to file their license with King County, making the marriage legal.

Afterwards the plan an immediate divorce.

"We are going to try and stay married for about 55 hours and 10 minutes. We are going to just best Britney Spears," he laughed.

They married to prove a point. They hope lawmakers will notice their stunt and realize the reason why two people get married should be more important than their gender.

TheoHuxtable - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Apr 9, 2004

well, its nice that someones getting married...

3. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied Apr 9, 2004

the things fags do for fun..

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Æ°

Æ° 12oz Senior Member

Æ° - Replied Apr 9, 2004

More proof that gay marriage isn't the real issue. People think gay marriage they think gay sex, that's what everyone is concerned about, gay sex.

Æ° - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. reach.4

reach.4 New Jack

reach.4 - Replied Apr 9, 2004

yo man

i read that dudes column in the georgie straight all the time. Fuckin great.

reach.4 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. panic

panic 12oz Member

panic - Replied Apr 9, 2004

FUCKERS STOLE MY IDEA!
    wait.
    im not gay.

panic - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Flow ish

Flow ish 12oz Member

Flow ish - Replied Apr 9, 2004

Think about it, it's the perfect set up! She'll rock him with a strap-on, they'll both be happy.

Flow ish - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Apr 9, 2004

I've read Dan Savage's book "Skipping Towards Gomorrah." It's good.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. Easy E

Easy E 12oz Member

Easy E - Replied Apr 9, 2004

:lol:

Easy E - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. sweetcherry

sweetcherry 12oz Senior Member

sweetcherry - Replied Apr 9, 2004

i think this artical just describes the irony of the whole situation...they dont let two people get married when they trually love each other but they let two almost strangers get married cuz one has a dick and the other a vagaina.
    its horrible how sociaty treats people as outcasts because of something they cant control or even dont want to control because they are happy with what they have.
    its kind of like when African Americans were treated crually and were slaves because of the color of their skin, they were considered outsiders. Well i hope America realizes that Gay people are still people before they start selling "fags on a leash"

sweetcherry - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied Apr 9, 2004

:lol: :lol: :lol:...imagine what their kids would look like.....

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. eseLokE1uno

eseLokE1uno 12oz Senior Member

eseLokE1uno - Replied Apr 10, 2004

thats stupid they should have just gone to Portland it's close by and they dont give a fuck there

eseLokE1uno - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: