Gates bitch slapped down to number 2.

Guest diggity

Guest diggity

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=4744821

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ingvar Kamprad, the Swede who founded furniture retail chain IKEA, has overtaken Microsoft's Bill Gates as the world's richest man, Swedish TV news reported on Sunday.

Citing next week's edition of the Swedish business weekly Veckans Affarer, public service SVT2 television said Kamprad, 77, has a personal fortune of 400 billion crowns ($53 billion).

Gates's fortune is put at $47 billion, according to the latest list of the world's rich in U.S. Forbes magazine, SVT2 said.

Kamprad, known for frugal habits such as flying economy class, lives in Switzerland and no longer takes part in the daily running of IKEA, but has kept ownership of the company with more than 180 stores in over 30 countries in the family.

SVT2 said the dollar's slide against other currencies is the main reason why Kamprad has now overtaken Gates.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

BULLSHIT GETS CALLED

sorry guys....

• Ikea said that wasn't the case.

"This is completely wrong. It's a mistake that is made all the time," said Ikea spokeswoman Marianne Barner. "Estimating the value of the company, including all the stores, and saying it's all Ingvar's, that is totally wrong."

"Ingvar Kamprad does not own Ikea. Ingvar donated the concern to the Dutch Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982."

In February, Forbes magazine's annual ranking of the world's billionaires put Gates at No. 1 with an estimated $46.6 billion. It was the 10th consecutive year the Microsoft co-founder was atop the list.

Buffett, the Omaha investment guru, was No. 2 with $42.9 billion.

On that same list, Kamprad was No. 13, with an estimated fortune of $18.5 billion.

^ did you read my post above?

they got their facts wrong.

he's like 4Billion richer than the #2 guy.

*oh... even the Europe V. Microsoft case that just finished only fined them 600Million, and none of that is Gates' pocket money.

Guest HESHIANDET

I would be hard pressed to spend a billion dollars. let alone 18 bil.....absurd amount of money. i'd overthrow the government then dip to watch shit fall apart. haha.

oh and bitches. i'd fuck alot of girls and do alort of drugs and die...

naw tease.... you posted in quick before I could respon to INDY

" even though he overtook the lead i doubt bill gates will ever be known as number two..."

being rich would be weird. what the fuck would you spend your money on? unless you got kids, why would you let the cash just sit around, you would spend it, but on what?

it would be amazing to be a full-time philanthropist. to just walk around the world giving "worthy" causes a fat bankroll. damn. just think, you could wake up tomorrow and decide to buy a huge apartment building and give everyone you want to a super cheap place to live, bail the entire state of california out of bankruptcy, or even just rent a gymnasium and fill it with quarters, just to run around on top of it like uncle scrooge. that would be fucking crazy. i'd probably lose my fucking mind debating myself as to what the worthiest causes were and how much put aside for myself was too much, and who was hanging around me tht just wanted to get hooked up as opposed to being a real friend, etc. i would just lie to everyone and not tell them i was loaded, that's the only way i could be sure.

or just make sure that i am the only one who can spend it, but it has to be approved by a handful of people, like a super-strict trust fund or something.

i'd make myself eternally young, then go around decapitating people. and noone would do shit about it, because dissenters would disappear. and i'd fuck every girl i've ever found remotely attractive.

last but not least, i'd have a clear, indestructable bow made, and fill it with 7 million dollars. then i'd drop it in the poorest area i could find, set up cameras, and record them fighting over it and stuggling to get it open. if i ever got depressed, i'd watch the video and laugh.