Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

GasrNike

Discussion in 'Style' started by The Hipster, Feb 20, 2005.

1. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

[​IMG]
    topic: "Nike Vengeance"

Unless you have been under a rock for the past month you would have heard of or seen this Nike Vengeance. This is a collaborative edition created by Russell Maurice aka Gasius. The Nike Vengeance has been given the complete Gasius make over. Not only is there a change of colour but a unique use of materials. This shoe doesn't sit on the fence. Either you like them or you hate them. We recently spoke to Gasius about his Vengeance. Click the 'see more' link for the interview. February 17th will see the release of the GasrNike at London's dpmhi store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CT:Who is Gasius? What do you do? How long have you been doing your thing?

Gasius is the son of Gasface, a clothing company that has been running since 1993. The House of Gasface gave birth to Gasius, which is now in its fourth season. I have been involved in graf since I was about 12, I also do canvas and graphics.

CT:Did you approach Nike? Or did they approach you?

I had a show at 90SQM in Amsterdam where I met Jason at Nike. They were looking for someone in London for their Capital series, I think it was good timing.

[​IMG]

CT:Why did you choose the Vengeance?

I was lucky with that as they chose it, I am stoked cause it such a nice shoe.

[​IMG]

CT:I like the use of materials and colour, what was the inspiration your design?

The design was based on my love of the diamond and triangle shapes, which appear in a lot of my personal work. With the colours, I had to use Nikes colour palette of that season. It was a choice of about 50 colours, I did a few variations and chose the one that I thought looked nicest, most of all I wanted a shoe that was fresh to wear.

[​IMG]

CT:Was this you first idea or did you develope your design?

Kind of yeah, I developed it a bit from an initial idea at first - the design was meant to be lasered into the shoe, it didn't make sense to do that, so it was just embossed. Also with the die cut diamonds on the sides we had to put a mesh behind it to strengthen it. I quite like that though.

[​IMG]

CT:Are you happy with the results?

Yeah I'm very happy.

CT:What's your favourite sneaker?

Difficult, I am a big Nike Huarache fan. My all time favourites are the first Nike hikers, before the Lava Dome the grey with flouro yellow or purple and had a round toe, I had them when I was 14, impossible to get now. I need more size 9s!.

CT:Are there any other projects in the pipeline?

I have a few collaborations coming up: Bearded Man, Call of the Wild, Sixpack and whatever else life throws at me.

thegasface
    crookedtongues

2. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

first uk writer to get a nike? I saw them in the flesh the other day, up until then I had to have a pair but to be honest in the flesh I wasn’t quite sure, the choice of material was bold but that doesn’t necessarily mean good, loving the colours mind you..think I missed out on the laser one piece dunks over the weekend so I might still try and cop a pair of these…

[​IMG]

small report from hurtyoubad

3. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

4. justaname

justaname Member

i like the comfortableness of the vegeance and that shoes looking might sweet. anyone know the release date in us? all i know is uk get the first dip

5. Locofanclub

Locofanclub Veteran Member

Is that the same Gasface from way back in 92 or so,producer of the ultra slim Gasface magazine from up north, bloke behind many a fesh wall with Pinkie & Smelly Smell etc etc,and bloke who sent me plenty of fresh photos?????

6. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

urrm yeap! i know he is a northener and paints with pinky, smell, bed ect...

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Please believe I have mad love for diamond cutouts, but those shoes look like they belong below the cuff of a sweaty magic: the gathering player's sweatpants. I don't know why, but they just strike me as really dated for some reason.

8. -40 trooper

-40 trooper Guest

9. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

ya the vengeance sneaker is pretty ugly. i wish they would put the same colorway and design on a different pair of kicks.

10. hopeizm

hopeizm Member

Ugly, would only wear them for painting

11. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Junior Member

12. shapes

shapes New Jack

haha, those are some shitty cads. im not mad at the lavender, it just not a hot sneaker. maybe if you loosend the laces and popped the tongue...but i doubt it. actually what am i talking about, i just bought those rediculous air force ones wit the tiger mouth on them. lol

13. rick flair

rick flair Dirty Dozen Crew

14. evilistic

evilistic Elite Member

aint feeling em.mad flashy for such a fem shoe....

15. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Wow. Those are ugly. Like Sketchers.