GasrNike

The Hipster

ven_gasbg1.jpg

topic: "Nike Vengeance"

Unless you have been under a rock for the past month you would have heard of or seen this Nike Vengeance. This is a collaborative edition created by Russell Maurice aka Gasius. The Nike Vengeance has been given the complete Gasius make over. Not only is there a change of colour but a unique use of materials. This shoe doesn't sit on the fence. Either you like them or you hate them. We recently spoke to Gasius about his Vengeance. Click the 'see more' link for the interview. February 17th will see the release of the GasrNike at London's dpmhi store.

ven_gas_side.jpg

ven_gasbg3.jpg

ven_gasbg3.jpg

ven_gas_det5.jpg

CT:Who is Gasius? What do you do? How long have you been doing your thing?

Gasius is the son of Gasface, a clothing company that has been running since 1993. The House of Gasface gave birth to Gasius, which is now in its fourth season. I have been involved in graf since I was about 12, I also do canvas and graphics.

CT:Did you approach Nike? Or did they approach you?

I had a show at 90SQM in Amsterdam where I met Jason at Nike. They were looking for someone in London for their Capital series, I think it was good timing.

ven_gas_draft2.jpg

CT:Why did you choose the Vengeance?

I was lucky with that as they chose it, I am stoked cause it such a nice shoe.

ven_gas_drafts.jpg

CT:I like the use of materials and colour, what was the inspiration your design?

The design was based on my love of the diamond and triangle shapes, which appear in a lot of my personal work. With the colours, I had to use Nikes colour palette of that season. It was a choice of about 50 colours, I did a few variations and chose the one that I thought looked nicest, most of all I wanted a shoe that was fresh to wear.

ven_gas_draft_t2.jpg

CT:Was this you first idea or did you develope your design?

Kind of yeah, I developed it a bit from an initial idea at first - the design was meant to be lasered into the shoe, it didn't make sense to do that, so it was just embossed. Also with the die cut diamonds on the sides we had to put a mesh behind it to strengthen it. I quite like that though.

ven_gas_board.jpg

CT:Are you happy with the results?

Yeah I'm very happy.

CT:What's your favourite sneaker?

Difficult, I am a big Nike Huarache fan. My all time favourites are the first Nike hikers, before the Lava Dome the grey with flouro yellow or purple and had a round toe, I had them when I was 14, impossible to get now. I need more size 9s!.

CT:Are there any other projects in the pipeline?

I have a few collaborations coming up: Bearded Man, Call of the Wild, Sixpack and whatever else life throws at me.

thegasface

crookedtongues

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first uk writer to get a nike? I saw them in the flesh the other day, up until then I had to have a pair but to be honest in the flesh I wasn’t quite sure, the choice of material was bold but that doesn’t necessarily mean good, loving the colours mind you..think I missed out on the laser one piece dunks over the weekend so I might still try and cop a pair of these…

pic_01.jpg

small report from hurtyoubad

haha, those are some shitty cads. im not mad at the lavender, it just not a hot sneaker. maybe if you loosend the laces and popped the tongue...but i doubt it. actually what am i talking about, i just bought those rediculous air force ones wit the tiger mouth on them. lol