gas mask?

Guest sp3c1men_63

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just buy it from Major Surplus And Survival--they got gas maks out the ass. That particular one is an Israeli military mask. You can get Russian and East German military equipment dirt cheap. You can get a West German gas mask that looks just like the American M17A1 (I think it's called a DR-10) for about $30. An M17A1 runs about $100, I think.

fuck gas mask and stick with a respirator. any hardware store should have one. and they run $20-30 if you really want to have good coverage when painting just rack a higher quality on the car detail people use they are usually around the other respirators and run around $40-50. they have more around the most protection your going to need for writing. now if you plan on bombing frieght's with anthrax then you have a whole other situation on your hands.

if it is for painting i would definatley recomend a repirator. a full gasmask from an army surplus shop will probably be faulty and not protect you from much. i read somewhere that nearly 50% of the gas masks in service with the US armed forces are sub standard with leaky valves and seals etc and wouldn't offer full protection form chemical and biological agents.

Guest sp3c1men_63

no im not gonna use it for paintin but i jus want one so i can wear it to church. gas masks are cool. :)

i have an old israeli one like that, it is pretty fucking cool

i only paid $10 for it

2 halloweens ago i dressed up as a terrorist with the mask, bullet-riddled army fatigues, a turban, and of course, a toy machine gun..

i don't think i'll ever do that again..

***and like everyone else said: NO GOOD FOR PAINTING

which means if you want it as a toy, this is the wrong damn forum :D

Guest industry

i live in canada and i was wondering where i could find a gas mask that has 2 respirators and only covers your face and mouth. if you know e-mail me.

Gas Masks and Respirators

Guys, I mean no criticism, but you guys are sitting in front of a computer linked to the Almighty Internet and every one of you has access to some of the most powerful search engines that can be devised by the mind of man. Why would you need to ask this question? Just call up your favorite search engine (I kind of like "Mamma.com") and type in "respirators and gas masks." And if that doesn't work, try "industrial respirators" or "spray painting and safety" or "sand blasting and safety" or just about any topic related to breathing in dust or fumes that you can think of, and you'll get 197 links to sites that will address this issue with information and links. How about "manufacturers of respirator masks?" Or, get out the Yellow Pages telephone book (does Yellow Pages exist in Canada?) and look up "respirators and dust masks." Personally, I think that a respirator suitable for industrial spray painting would be perfect. Gas masks are overkill, unless you are writing graff at a U.S. Army Chemical and Biological Warfare Training Base or something crazy like that. Any store that sells compressors, spray painting equipment and sand blasting stuff can sell you a respirator. U.S. Mine Safety is a good one, I've heard.

AOSafety produces respirators. I feel pretty certain they have a website. If that fails, go to any hardware or paint store and ask. It might take you a couple different stores to find one that sells masks, but it's a common item that a lot of stores stock. As a last resort, Home Depot sells them, as does Sears, Lowes, and any place with a halfway decent paint or hardware section.

when i was in basic the gas masks we used were really heavy and bulky.

they worked well though, my trip to the gas chamber proved that, heh..

i cant imagine using one for painting.

but the funny part if you guys say theyre only like $15. when i was in basic we had this big fuck-up lose his one time, but it was found. the drill seargant told us if anyone lost theirs theyd have to pay for it and it costs $450. fuckin liars..

Mapo---The gas masks they're talking about are cheap-ass Israeli civilian masks. I got some for like $6 a piece after the Gulf War. A used M-17A1 in decent condition goes for around $100-150, and a new one for around $200. The new masks (I don't know what the designator is) are much more expensive. They are NATO-compatible, with exterior filters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived