Gas mask(respirator)

gimic.one

yo, i was talkin wiht my mom and she insisted that i get a mask for when i paint and i figure its a good idea .. and shes even gonna pay for it, from the stories ive heard of cats that been paint since the 80's and stuff i think its a good idea. but to get to the point.. i was browsing different sites looking for a good one .. but i thought it would be best to ask people that know best (people that have one) .. so please give your opinion on the mask that you have or something like that....

thanks-

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when the kid that came before you caused ten time the trouble that you did.. and mostly with out a cause .. when you come along and wanna write on some walls and it looks decent then it doesnt seem like much of a big deal to your parents.. also the fact that my dad lives 6 hours away (by plane ;)) helps a lot heh..

oh and thanks for the tips

i got a 3M respirator at home depot for about 30$ too. i only use a respirator when i do chill spots piecing. also if you have it on too long it makes these red lines around your nose and mouth so the cops might be able to tell you've had one on if they are questioning you. my eyes get red too when i piece i think if i ever have to talk to a cop after piecing he'll think i'm on drugs or something. peace.

there are some other threads about masks. check out the "spray safe" thread, should be a sticky thread, all the info you could ever want is in there. There are all kinds of masks you can buy. However, you must check the package and make sure it is a mask made for spray paint. Its been a while since Ive had to shop for one, so I dont remember all the details. For me, the most important part is how the straps of the mask work, especailly the bottom strap and how it attaches in the back.

the mask I currently have is made by ao safety, its a professional multipurpose respirator, recomended for protection against paint and pesticdes spray/vapor. chlorine and muriatic acid, lead and asbestos dust and fumes.

i just got anyone at the hardware store, as long as it covers your nose and mouth tightly and has filters it'll do the job. Just don't use those little surgeon masks they really don't do shit. if you're really paranoid you can probably pick up a nice gasmask, i got a surplus mask for like $25-$35. They look cool anyway but I just have mine for fun, i don't paint with it.

The surgeon masks that you get do a lot, if you get industrial standard ones. You have to think that they are rated to spot viruses from spreading. One thing that you will note however is that paint particile don't get much smaller than 50 microns, and the common gas mask is rated for particles around 100-200. You will be much better off using anything, but something below the 100 micron level will cut off almost any paint from getting to ya. Don't sweat it though, ya oughta be ok with the basics from the Depot or Lowe's...

• 2 weeks later...

Most respirators that i've seen in stores near me are close to 50$, but i'd still rather pay 50$ then have a lifetime of problems (haveing to piss every 10 seconds and so on) so it is well worth the money.

• 13 years later...
yo, i was talkin wiht my mom and she insisted that i get a mask for when i paint and i figure its a good idea .. and shes even gonna pay for it, from the stories ive heard of cats that been paint since the 80's and stuff i think its a good idea. but to get to the point.. i was browsing different sites looking for a good one .. but i thought it would be best to ask people that know best (people that have one) .. so please give your opinion on the mask that you have or something like that....

thanks-

peace

There are many online sites where you could buy a complete gas mask kit at a price less that 30$ . Yo! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived