Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

garlic

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Vanity, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

pump pump...

so yeah.. i came across a grip of garlic and am trying to find good recipes to get rid of it... all i've found only takes 2-3 cloves... and i have way more than that... i could give it to some homeless guy, and while they may be kinda funny, kinda cruel.

so yeah... any recipes? thanky

2. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

garlic bread, make lots of garlic bread.

:yum:

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

anything that requires more than 2 or 3 cloves would be too disgusting to eat anyway.

garlic ass mofo

4. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

how in the world do you just 'come across' that much garlic? did they grow legs and walk to your house and just fall asleep in the cupboard?

my friend eats garlic when he has a sore throat like when he's sick. he swears by it. says it helps you get over it. i dunno...

vampires, whatever.

5. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

if its got too much garlic, you're going to smell like that shit for days. Honestly, its not just your breath, the stench just oozes out of your whole body. Just a heads up if you live with other people or plan on leaving your house.

6. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

bah.. fine. post any recipes... fuckers. might as well experiment.

i find it funny when rappers say they'll smoke weed til they die.... way to sacrifice.

7. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i think one of snoop's lyrics too was 'i promise to smoke weed til the day that i die'

he's a promisekeeper.

8. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

You are fully allowed to use more garlic than a recipe calls more. Make some scampi, throw it in some butter, smear it all over your face and go hit on people at bars.

9. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

damn i love garlic.It is also really good for your system..Just don't put oo much in your food otherwise like someone said you will smeel like garlic for days.Not to mention also your baby batter will smell like it to.And from what an ex told me she wasn't to happy about that.. :freak2:

10. society_kills

society_kills Junior Member

chop it up real good and marinate a steak or whatever in it for a couple days.

11. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

garlic is the secret to good food, but it cant be kept a secret for long.

12. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

sounds good.

13. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

you could make roasted garlic and use that in recipes too.

leave the whole bulb intact, cut the top off, and pour olive oil on top.
    throw it in the oven until it is brown.
    then you squeeze the cloves out and its like a paste.

tasty.

i just found this:

Storing Garlic in Oil:

It is a practice with some of us who want garlic immediately handy for cooking, to peel and store it in oil. Garlic is a low acid vegetable, so it needs to be acidified to prevent the growth of micro-organisms and especially to prevent the formation of botulism toxin (caution: undesirable side-effect: DEATH!). Acid treatment also prolongs the quality of garlic and prevents browning. The method is as follows:

* Cover peeled garlic cloves with vinegar and soak the cloves for 12 to 24 hours.
    * Drain off the vinegar. It can be reused as garlic-flavored vinegar.
    * Cover the garlic cloves with oil.
    * Refrigerate the jar of garlic and oil, and use it within 3 months.

(Source of this information is Dr. George York, the university of California at Davis.)

AND

Garlic Butter

Make logs of garlic butter and freeze them to have on hand to melt on broiled meats or to mix into fresh cooled vegetables or spread on bread. Just add mashed garlic cloves or the equivalent in dehydrated or processed garlic to suit your taste to sticks of butter (about 6 cloves fresh garlic per stick is recommended). If you wish, add a few herbs and salt lightly. Form into logs, wrap in plastic and freeze. Slice off as needed.

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

There is one easy way to get rid of garlic thats fast and easy and mighty tastey..

PASTA..

You can make some hella good pasta dishes with garlic..

EXAMPLE:

Pasta
    Fresh Parm..
    Sauteed(sp?) onions/garlic..
    Capers
    (AND MOZARELLA IF YOU CHOOSE)

And for an extra zing for all of you carnivores you can use diced bacon..

I LIVE off the above mentioned and various versions of it..

15. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Why is everyone ignoring this? It's such a great idea!

You could go around public buildings dropping bits of garlic behind the heaters or near the air vents. Put them in your friend's car ashtray as a prank. Eat a bunch and sit next to people at the library while breathing with your mouth open. Go to stores where they sell perfume and leave it behind the bottles at the back of the shelf.

There's so much you could do with this.