GARDEN STATE - ZACH BRAFF

DITDxCULT

http://a288.g.akamai.net/7/288/51/6f301385515e2b/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_01.jpg'>

http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/2321ae3e0ccc9f/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_02.jpg'>

http://a1168.g.akamai.net/7/1168/51/a7fd93f968c179/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_11.jpg'>

I saw the trailer for this movie when I saw Eternal Sunshine. Even though the trailer is purely visual, and doesn't really give out that much information on the plot, it looks fucking amazing. Plus - Frou Frou's "Let Go" is in the trailer as well... and I really like her recent LP.

Zach Braff (Scrubs) wrote and directed the movie. He also plays the lead role. Check it out! Oh yeah, Natalie Portman is in it as well, along with some other familar faces.

the trailer

Info on IMDB

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I saw the trailer before the same movie and I thought it looked amazing. Don't know why, but I did.

Explain why I thought it looks like it might be an amazing movie?

Well, my first reaction to the trailer is that I was drawn into the visuals, the camera angles, camera movements, and most of all the interesting scenarios.

For example - like when Braff is standing in front of the wall wearing a shirt matching the pattern on the wall. Or when that guy is smoking a cigarette and shooting a flaming arrow in the sky, or when they are standing on a junk vehicle in the rain screaming,... it all looks very interesting to me, it draws me into the scenes and makes me want to learn more about the plot -- thats what trailers are supposed to do.

What about you Mamerro?

Gotcha, I was thinking in the same ballpark. Never would have thought about the camera angles and such, but there were some eye catching moments that I would like to see played out..

Defintely a check-it-out with the chick kinda movie..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Pretty much everything you said... I'll add the guy's perfectly straight face while the rest of the people on the airplane are going apeshit and that awesome fireplace.

It looks like a really honest movie that will have some impact on me upon watching it, both visually and thematically, and if the song selection is any indication of the music/score, then they nailed that too.

The Story

When Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff) returns to his hometown for his mother’s funeral, he reconnects with old friends and - since he’s gone off his depression medication - himself. A chance meeting with Sam (Natalie Portman), who also suffering from various maladies, opens his world to the possibility of rekindling emotional attachments, confronting his psychologist father, and perhaps beginning a new life.

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/

• 3 months later...

Also ... check this out. Taken from http://www.jeffpatch.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recorded the Sundance Channel’s Anatomy Of A Scene for Garden State and encoded it for your viewing pleasure. Requires Quicktime 6.5 .

This scene doesn’t really spoil the movie, but I am glad I saw it after I watched the movie. Watch at your own discretion.

Please right click and save the file to your computer.

Anatomy Of A Scene Garden State – LOW – 18.1mb

Anatomy Of A Scene Garden State – HIGH – 50.9mb

its definetly a chick flick. the critics seemed to love this movie...but to be honest with you, i didnt really like it. i thought that it was boring at times, often predictible and incredably silly and derivative. It did have some funny moments tho.. maybe its just me.. i seem to hate any movie that i dont get to see for free

I've been looking forward to this movie probably since this thread was made in April.

I saw it recently, and I thought it wasn't very good.

It was as though Zach Braff (the director) had written down every weird thing that happened to him while growing up, and then made a movie just to have a place to play all of them out. The storyline was decent, the acting was acceptable(though Braff's was kind of stale and forced), and the dialogue wasn't that interesting. The only thing that I found to be of interest were the visuals. And the visuals were pretty cool.

It seems like Zach Braff blew his directorial load, and tried to take the shortcut to become part of the cool directors crowd.

He's talented, and the movie's cool, but a big let-down in my opinion.

Guest Pilau Hands

I don't know...I just really enjoyed it.

I thought it was great and am gonna pick up the soundtrack because that's excellent too.

I didn't really look too far into it.

Archived