1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

GARDEN STATE - ZACH BRAFF

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DITDxCULT, Apr 28, 2004.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT 12oz Senior Member

GARDEN STATE - ZACH BRAFF

Discussion started by DITDxCULT - Apr 28, 2004

http://a288.g.akamai.net/7/288/51/6f301385515e2b/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_01.jpg'>
    [img]http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/2321ae3e0ccc9f/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_02.jpg'>
    [img]http://a1168.g.akamai.net/7/1168/51/a7fd93f968c179/www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/images/index_11.jpg'>

I saw the trailer for this movie when I saw Eternal Sunshine. Even though the trailer is purely visual, and doesn't really give out that much information on the plot, it looks fucking amazing. Plus - Frou Frou's "Let Go" is in the trailer as well... and I really like her recent LP.

Zach Braff (Scrubs) wrote and directed the movie. He also plays the lead role. Check it out! Oh yeah, Natalie Portman is in it as well, along with some other familar faces.

[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/]the trailer[/url]

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333766/]Info on IMDB[/url]

DITDxCULT - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Telo

Telo 12oz Elite Member

Telo - Replied Apr 28, 2004

When watching that trailer i couldnt realize how any sane person in this world could gather whether the movie was going to be good or not..

Telo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT - Replied Apr 28, 2004

Maybe you just don't get it?

4. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Apr 28, 2004

I saw the trailer before the same movie and I thought it looked amazing. Don't know why, but I did.

5. ClueTwo

ClueTwo 12oz Veteran Member

ClueTwo - Replied Apr 28, 2004

Please ex-plain....

ClueTwo - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. DITDxCULT

Explain why I thought it looks like it might be an amazing movie?

Well, my first reaction to the trailer is that I was drawn into the visuals, the camera angles, camera movements, and most of all the interesting scenarios.

For example - like when Braff is standing in front of the wall wearing a shirt matching the pattern on the wall. Or when that guy is smoking a cigarette and shooting a flaming arrow in the sky, or when they are standing on a junk vehicle in the rain screaming,... it all looks very interesting to me, it draws me into the scenes and makes me want to learn more about the plot -- thats what trailers are supposed to do.

What about you Mamerro?

7. ClueTwo

ClueTwo 12oz Veteran Member

ClueTwo - Replied Apr 28, 2004

Gotcha, I was thinking in the same ballpark. Never would have thought about the camera angles and such, but there were some eye catching moments that I would like to see played out..

Defintely a check-it-out with the chick kinda movie..

ClueTwo - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Apr 28, 2004

Pretty much everything you said... I'll add the guy's perfectly straight face while the rest of the people on the airplane are going apeshit and that awesome fireplace.

It looks like a really honest movie that will have some impact on me upon watching it, both visually and thematically, and if the song selection is any indication of the music/score, then they nailed that too.

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Apr 28, 2004

That does look pretty cool, even though I have no idea what the hell it's about....

I can't believe the dude from Scrubs wrote and directed it....

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. DITDxCULT

The Story

When Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff) returns to his hometown for his mother’s funeral, he reconnects with old friends and - since he’s gone off his depression medication - himself. A chance meeting with Sam (Natalie Portman), who also suffering from various maladies, opens his world to the possibility of rekindling emotional attachments, confronting his psychologist father, and perhaps beginning a new life.

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/

11. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Apr 28, 2004

Scrubs is one of the top 3 shows on television right now. I'll see this for no other reason than Braff's involvement.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Apr 28, 2004

I don't know, Dr. Cox is pretty funny, too......

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT - Replied Aug 23, 2004

AND THEN IT FINALLY CAME OUT

DID YOU SEE IT? DID YOU LIKE IT? DID YOU RELATE? DID YOU LAUGH? DID YOU CRY?

I FUCKING LOVED IT

14. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT - Replied Aug 23, 2004

Also ... check this out. Taken from http://www.jeffpatch.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recorded the Sundance Channel’s Anatomy Of A Scene for Garden State and encoded it for your viewing pleasure. Requires Quicktime 6.5 .

This scene doesn’t really spoil the movie, but I am glad I saw it after I watched the movie. Watch at your own discretion.

Please right click and save the file to your computer.

Anatomy Of A Scene Garden State – LOW – 18.1mb
    Anatomy Of A Scene Garden State – HIGH – 50.9mb

15. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

Pfffffffffft - Replied Aug 23, 2004

DITDxCULT........do you have aim???

need to ask you a question..

Pfffffffffft - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages: