Gangs of New York... year 3000

Smart

So, I'm not proud, but, I happen to be watching Carson Daley... it's an interview with this documentary maker that chronicled the Bigge/Tupac fued... but... what I'm getting at...

in 100 years, is this the historical 'gang film' that the ultra respected director will recreate?

What's the biggest gangland/gangsta murder in your mind?

I know John Gotti fucked up my dinner plans at Sparks back around Xmas of '85...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"When Big Paulie was arrested by the FBI after bugs planted in the mobsters home had provided several hours of recorded evidence, rumors began to circulate as to whether he would rat out fellow Gambino Family members, Gotti, now acting in lieu of Dellacroce who had recently died of brain cancer, decided it was time to plan Big Paulie's retirement. The set up was simple, since he had not been able to attend Aniello Dellacroce's funeral, Castellano was invited to Spark's Steakhouse, a regular hangout of his, where he was to meet with Dellacroce's son, and pay his respects. Little did he know it would be gunned down by two men, while John Gotti and Sammy Gravano watched from a nearby parked car."

Damn you, I'll be up all night reading gangster shit again.

In 100 years, we will live in a futuristic Utopian society complete with genetically modified flowers in our hair. The movie you speak of will be about that gang that wears blue uniforms and moustaches.

Cool story about the Paulie thing. Too bad you didn't have reservations at the right time so you could witness the affair from a distance.

Originally posted by Weapon X

In 100 years, we will live in a futuristic Utopian society complete with genetically modified flowers in our hair. The movie you speak of will be about that gang that wears blue uniforms and moustaches.

No, but that's what I'm saying... like, they could just all watch New Jack City or Scarface or something but... there will be a new medium... some 3d hologram shit probably, and old films will be for old people...

What is the 'Historical' gangster movie (or WHAT?) their gonna make 100 years from now... as Scorcese did with the 1890's gangs...

Cool story about the Paulie thing. Too bad you didn't have reservations at the right time so you could witness the affair from a distance.

actually, that turned out REAL cool, because instead we ate at some chinese place and walked down towards Battery Park and it was the final birck in the foundation, the time when I decided that even my stupid ass from the sticks needed to start getting out and getting up if I was ever gonna be a part of the graffitti scene... I saw crazy stuff on the streets and wheat pasting became an obvious avenue...

you know, I never analyzed it this deep but... damn...

I mean, on the surface, I also went to Tower records and bought punk rock in a main stream record store for the first time ever (Agnostic Front 'No Cause for Alarm' and SubHumAns 'The Day the Country Died')

Actually... I guess I should thank John Gotti...

weird, I have just reanalyzed my life from nearly 20 years ago... and I was a teenager then

I'm getting very old

I meant that we will be in a Utopia, so the oppressive popo will be the subject of the movies. As in they will be glorified in their ridding the earth of criminal scum. The criminals featured in the film will be praised by the Irish, and the blacks and hispanics will emulate their police officer heroes of said historic film, and everything will be backwards.

Or maybe, since everyone and their weak cousins throw the word "gangsta" around like it's a pronoun, so society will be confused as to what exactly a gangster is.

Originally posted by Smart

...I also went to Tower records and bought punk rock in a main stream record store for the first time ever (Agnostic Front 'No Cause for Alarm' and SubHumAns 'The Day the Country Died')...

Now, that is a memory, gramps.

What I don't quite get is why those were the two first punk albums bought at a store such as Tower. I'm sure had many opportunities before that to buy more mainstream punk, perhaps? You supported the small record shops, or did you just have moola in the pockets and see two albums you wanted right then and there while browsing Tower.

My city used to have two Towers, and now there are none. I used to acquire a lot of things from those stores. Things that have since gone missing since police did my spring cleaning for me a couple of times.

I'm sure you had many opportunities before that to buy more mainstream punk, perhaps?

sure...perhaps...

it's like when you say basically and exactly in the same sentence while explaining something to someone. Retarded, tired shit.

At the time I lived in a SMALL (big) town in Alabama, I relied on my radio show (well, not MINE, I just tugged dick and spun sometimes but I was a kid) and the kick-downs of real dj's, SST reps who actually called us up and ONE guy who owned the undergroud record store...

His name was Darrel... I WISH he had EVER said DarRILL like that Kids in the Hall character because he was like that... a punk prima donna

anyway, there was no way I was gonna find ANY punk rock in Camelot at the mall or some shit... this is from the days when underground punk was actually underground...

punk primadonna! hahaa

It's funny, there's all this hoopla about redesigning the "Steps" in Toronto in front of the Second Cup there. You know those stairs that the gays and lesbian would chill at in KITH? It's a real spot, but it's not the same anymore. It went from a chill gay spot to a junkie street kid spot. Yeah, they'll clean it up, then the junkies will just move further east into the nicer neighbourhoods.

Life as a punk rocker must've been nice in 'Bama.

Originally posted by Æ°

"When Big Paulie was arrested by the FBI after bugs planted in the mobsters home had provided several hours of recorded evidence, rumors began to circulate as to whether he would rat out fellow Gambino Family members, Gotti, now acting in lieu of Dellacroce who had recently died of brain cancer, decided it was time to plan Big Paulie's retirement. The set up was simple, since he had not been able to attend Aniello Dellacroce's funeral, Castellano was invited to Spark's Steakhouse, a regular hangout of his, where he was to meet with Dellacroce's son, and pay his respects. Little did he know it would be gunned down by two men, while John Gotti and Sammy Gravano watched from a nearby parked car."

Damn you, I'll be up all night reading gangster shit again.

where/what would one go/what book/etc. would one go/read to learn of more gangster shit?

Back in my old neighbourhood there was a serious Black Hand pressence.

For those who dont know, the BlackHand was the original Mafia.

Think Brando in Godfather2. Anyways... this one guy was killed and a

black hand appeared on his door. Now this shocked even the local tough guys.

It meant that one of their godfathers (in the catholic sence) had killed someone.

Then two weeks later there was a big funeral for a local man and the

FBI staked out the rooftops to get photos. And this is in Canada!

I'm so glad I was just that little kid on the skateboard back then and

unaware of all the shit that could have put me in big trouble.

and the definitate 'Gangster Story' to appease Smart is Henry Hill.

Archived