Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

gang patrol

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by cholo, Feb 21, 2002.

1. cholo

cholo Guest

yo WTF is the gang patrol, I keep hearing shit about how here(orlando) they got this gang patrol that keeps tabs on every tagger so like when they bust you they pull out a file of like all the shit you've hit and what not... i'm sure they have it in other citys too but yeah replay back and tell me what theyr'e about.

2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Sounds like the Los Angeles' CRASH unit.
    What does it stand for again?
    Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums I think...

3. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

crash teams are still around? i thought they got shut down...

gang patrol- usually programs like this, they go around photographing graff (cuz we all know that all graff kids are in gangs... we all ruthless killas and shee-it). now when they finally catch you, they have pictures of everything of yers they could find. Now yer not just getting charged with the one piece you got caught doing, yer getting charged with eveything you've ever done. however, in my experience, this shit rarely holds up. if you actually go to court, and they've brought up yer gang patrol profile, just say you bite... "oh yeah, uh, those old ones aren't me, this guys just my hero. i wanna be just like him..."

4. NeksOne-alphatects

NeksOne-alphatects New Jack

they're about arresting kids for doing graffiti, you couldnt figure that out?

5. Clogged Cans

Clogged Cans New Jack

Yup, I heard bout them fooz, they try to keep tabs and bust kats on some ill shit, but as it was mentioned, it wont hold up, this only werks if you cave in and confess! So if they pull that shit, just denie it! Say shit like..."Paint!?! What paint? i didnt do that! Oh the paint on my hands? well, its from huffing! Yeah, dats da ticket!" (lol) id rather get caught on some dumb shit then give up my lifestyle. But if your caught redhanded, well get a good lawyer, is all i can say.:D

6. MOE FUNK

MOE FUNK New Jack

I haven't been caught since 1985. Lucky for me. I had just started rocking a new name and I was still a minor.

Cops kept asking me if i knew who DEMO41 was. (it was me :D ) I said "I never heard of him".

The days of paying fines and community service are over now that I'm no longer a minor and Graff is a felony.

All graffiti is flicked and catalogued for the specific purpose of coming down REAL hard on a muhfucker. The stakes have risen for the art of destruction.
    Are you down to stay up?

I am.....

7. Wilt

Wilt Guest

ohh gang unit...how i love you so...:king: :king: :king: :rolleyes:

8. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

gang pats / graff squads are just dumb and gay , there evidence never holds up because its not proof , it is only circumstantial at best ........just dont get caught .....problem solved / avoided

9. cholo

cholo Guest

dickhead

10. JoeHatesCops

JoeHatesCops Guest

arrtgha

Theyre about coming to your house, and making your mom cry, got that good, heartless bastards MOJO MAOS

11. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

yes all taggers are gangsters yo...we all love riding around with bandanas and special capes representing our colors to the fullest...yo! we all got sick ass tatoos on our arms that say cool mexican shit..yo!...but yo..i cant read em....but they are cool anyways...............................

yo!

12. C-O-K PBScru

C-O-K PBScru Member

gang potrol

i read this article and it said all graffiti is gang related what kinda sheeeet is that

13. Asid

Asid Guest

lol

Yes I was on london graffiti and they had the article about how their starting to clean their streets hard etc, and what they said was"ALL GRAFFERS ARE GANGSTERS OR IF THEIR NOT IN A GANG THEIR WANNABES" lol more fun scaring Pedestrians while they watch me hit up?

14. C-O-K PBScru

C-O-K PBScru Member

LOL

THESE GOVERMENT BITCHES DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE CULTURE

15. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

well if you think about the definition of a gang, its just a group of people, with some type of similar interests. crews in essence are nothing more than gangs. while we all know they are not all about violence and shootings and drugs (which unfortunately does happen a lot inside graffiti as well), it is easy for the media and the government to villify graffiti and writers just by calling them out as gang members. and it makes the local law enforcement as well as average joe schmoe civilian want to do as much as possible to catch writers.