Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

blackboatshoes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Game of Thrones

been excited for this for ages.

running through the series right now so i can be ready for the release of book 5.

they cast joffrey and arya perfectly, and i understand the decision to age up some of the characters, i just dont like it.

also - downloading the first episode right now.

after watching the show i have this to say-

i hated sansa immediately, as i did in the book. bravo.

i've always been a fan of peter dinklage and view him as remarkably talented, very happy that he is tyrion.

dany is done very well, we'll see later when *spoiler* happens

this is going to be absolutely amazing.

It's gonna be like 2030 by the time all 7 are released.

I LOL'd at all the Wheel of Time readers when Robert Jordan croaked in the middle of the last book, but I'll be UFURIOUS if that happens to Martin.

Yeah man I read books what's good

also - after rewatching -

why aren't the Targaryen's eyes violet.

didn't Bran see J and C against a wall? not doggy style?

i didn't realize the guy missing the hair on the left side of his head was supposed to be the hound. the books hardly mention him without referencing his hideous face, yet he looks pretty normal here.

They left out/changed some minor moments and details, but over all I'm fairly satisfied thus far. The preview with future scenes show tons of book material making it into the series, which sold me originally. Interested to see how the trip to King's Landing will be handled. Martin is an old favorite of mine, so I'm psyched on a personal level.

I fuck with fantasy books. I have to say though, I'm currently in awe of Steven Erikson's The Malazan Book of the Fallen series. EPIC high fantasy. Incredibly detailed and grim, with such depth and emotion I have grown man cried a couple times. The characters are so real, you form emotional attachments to them, in a way I've never experienced with *ANY* series, ever. Personally I think I have excellent taste in fantasy, and highly recommend anyone to read this.

/end derail

• 4 weeks later...