Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Gainesville Soul Cypher Summit

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Benvolio, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Benvolio

Benvolio New Jack

The University of Florida's Hip Hop Collective is hosting the 2002 Soul Cypher featuring breaking and graffiti competitions. 1 v 1 b-boy and b-gril battles, 2 v 2 battles, and crew v crew battles; Popping battle;black book battles. All featuring prizes. There will be alot of cool breakers and writers here. Come support the grassroots hip hop elements. November 21, 22 (main event), and 23. For more info:2002 Soul Cypher

Hip Hop Collective

Or post a message.
    Peace

2. alabama

alabama Member

so whats the deal with painting at this thing?? can people come and paint, or are there already kids invited to paint??

3. socrates

socrates Guest

4. Benvolio

Benvolio New Jack

clarification

alabama - no actual painting, just black book judging. there will be other writers there though that you can exchange blackbooks/sketches with etc. also in gainesville there is a big (about a 1/4 mile) legal that you can always hit up. peace

5. alabama

alabama Member

6. alleniverson

alleniverson New Jack

ill be there. wanna meet up?

7. Benvolio

Benvolio New Jack

yeah, tell me about it (no painting), it sucks, but we could never get the University to allow that and still get money to put it on. its mostly aimed towards breakers unfortunatly (or forturnatly if youre a breaker)

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

look, you just go up to the wall on 34th, act like you know, get it done quick and nobody is gonna stop you from painting in Gainesville... but what's the point, so a bunch of asshole greeks can go over you in a week with a bitrhday dedication to some guy they call 'Flounder'?

They're hosting "BlackBook Battles"...???

need I say more?

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i'll be there. just look for a skinny white boy in a yellow fubu jumpsuit and a hat that says 'down as fuck'

10. FlamingHobo

FlamingHobo Guest

aww dont whine about the wimpy legals man...its just a fucking legal..take your flick..laugh because you just painted your first legal wall all year..and be like...yeah...paint over it...i wont be joining the "hiphoppers" because i hate herbs..and i know every herb in florida will be there..as well as a shitload of cool people..but herbs are fucking too much...ill see you suckers at miracle..ill be the cat in a superman underoos getup.

11. alabama

alabama Member

i was just looking for an excuse to come to gainesville because i've never been down there, and most of my favorite bands have come out the scene there.....but i checked the gainesvillebands page, and nobody ive ever heard of is playing that weekend....so i guess i wont be coming. oh well....

12. Whoever does go, tell Trixtah from GroundFX (dude who's gonna be doing elbow flares) that Chronos (me) commands him to eat my ass.

13. 455

455 Guest

hahaha.......that's great.