1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Gabba Gabba..Hey,what the fuck.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by High Priest, Jul 19, 2004.

1. High Priest

High Priest 12oz Elite Member

Gabba Gabba..Hey,what the fuck.

Discussion started by High Priest - Jul 19, 2004

New Ramones Musical — Gabba Gabba Hey! — Debuts in August

By Andrew Gans
    01 Jul 2004

A new musical featuring the music of the rock group the Ramones will debut in Perth, Australia, in August.

Featuring songs by the famed rock group and a book by Michael Herrmann, Gabba Gabba Hey! will play the Monkey Bar Aug. 17-21. Andy Goldberg, who helmed Off-Broadway's Bomb-itty of Errors, directs with choreography by "Strictly Ballroom" star Paul Mercurio and musical direction by Tommy Ramone. The creative team also features David Larwill (set design), Vicki Sheppard (costume design), Mark Howett (lighting design) and Rex Ranieri and Gavin Tempany (video FX and sound design).

Librettist Herrmann, who is also the show's producer, said in a statement, "Gabba Gabba Hey! is a fun show that aims to reinvent the traditional stage musical for performance in rock clubs. As the first musical to celebrate the perennially popular music of New York’s rock scene – specifically, the Ramones and New York Dolls – this show has a definite edge and attitude, in keeping with the aesthetic demands of its target audience. But Gabba is also very sweet and lyrical."

Theatregoers will hear such tunes as "I Wanna Be Sedated," "Beat on the Brat," "Biltzkrieg Bop," "53rd & 3rd" and "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker." The cast includes Ben Watts, Cle Wootton, Julie Yammanee, Mark Mcaullay, Lynda Nutter, Ethan Tomas, William Ferrier and Corey Harrison with the band led by Nick Sheppard, Dave Kavanagh and Ant Milne.

About Gabba, producer Herrmann, who hopes to bring the show to the U.S., added, "Think Grease-on-speed and you’re on the money – albeit with a generous dollop of colorful Lower East Side characters. With 18 high energy Ramones songs and a rather touching love story all performed in 70 minutes, Gabba Gabba Hey! is streetwise yet heartfelt; retro but also new and innovative. Plus there’s not a dull moment in it, I promise!"

The Monkey Bar is located at 393 Murray Street in Perth, Australia. Tickets, priced $25-$39.90 are available by logging on to www.bocsticketing.com.au.

High Priest - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Jul 19, 2004

I bet that sucks, but could be awesome.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied Jul 19, 2004

I don't know what to think of this, I had the same feeling about the Jerry Springer Musical, but that turned out to be a success.

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Jul 20, 2004

I'd go see this. Maybe it will do well enough so it is still playing when I move to New York in September. "Rock and Roll High School" was a cool little movie.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Jul 20, 2004

the more I think about it the more I think it's just wrong, like breeding 5 legged dogs or something...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jul 20, 2004

r: haha thats okay
    d: ;-)
    r: so whats up
    d: i would like to talk to t
    d: but i think she is sleeping or something

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied Jul 20, 2004

3/4 of the Ramones will probably be spinning in thier graves

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. gatita

gatita 12oz Senior Member

gatita - Replied Jul 20, 2004

Ben Watts? Ayh, at first I thought i meant Ben Watt from Everything But the Girl. THAT would have been even stranger.

But, this sounds horrible, imo.

gatita - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: