G8 Coverage

ana

For all the political kids out there-did the g8 get any coverage in your newspapers/ tv stations/ radio shows? Any coverage of the issues (NEPAD, Bush's new energy plan, War on Terrorism) ?? Any coverage of the protests?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how the media spun this story.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

havent heard shit, except from foreign kids on here. of course i really steer clear of mainstream media news/newspapers so im not the best judge. im sure its been glazed over for "more fitting" news. im drunk and im tryin to sound intelligent. haha. anyway

g8

after talk of guerilla actions during the meetings the people that be decided that it was okay to protest after they had deemed it illegal, or something like that. the only catch was that media was not allowed inside of the area that was supposedly set up for demonstrators. try to get in touch with some of the canadian folk that were setting up busses to get there for people interested. i think there was at least one bus from each large city.

TTBoy,

Thanks for all your help. I didn't have time to check out the tunnel but next time I'm down. Hey did you come up for a collaboration with Dasro/Deme?? There was a ton of Calgary graf artists up for this project and I might have met you.

Anyways I've never covered a major summit like the G8 so it was really educational. Opened my eyes up to a lot of crap deals (like NEPAD) that the west is trying to push through.

The whole conundrum of "no violence=no media coverage, violence=negative mainstream media coverage" was really obvious. It was really hard to deal with how other reporters would talk about protestors/protests. They would talk about how they needed people to be arrested to have a story and that it wasn't fun if there wasn't tear gas. Made me really embarresed for them. I was talking about doing a story on NEPAD and asked a few others if they were going to do something on it. THey said no cause it was too boring and people wanted pictures of broken stuff not obscure deals with faroff countries. Talk about depressing.

On the plus side, the earlier protests did force those fools out into the wilderness for this meeting, they were too afraid of a bad scene in an urban setting.

"Ana" is a noun, meaning a collection of objects that showcases someone's personality. Dope name in my book.

ana>

no i didnt go up there, i havent been up there in quite some time actually, the last time i tried to do the subway and wasnt successful, fuck, i should go up there soon, maybe this weekend, i aint doing shit. email me again, we should meet up, all my contacts from there moved down here, me and deme dont really get along so ive heard, id explain that if you like too. email me regardless i have a few questions i wanna ask you.

I enjoyed that you had to go through 4 security gates to get to the actual summit and apparently the Japanese delegates didn't make it and had to spend the day in the Eau Claire Market looking sad and cold and hungry. I don't know about the whole positive aspects to more secrecy and less access in the wilderness setting. Plus the fact it cost 300 freaking million dollars because of the insane amount of security. But I can see your point about negative image generated by the "hidden" talks, blah blah blah.

Brave man to attempt the subway-security is tight there. Hope you didn't get caught, the rent a cops are freaking mean and scary. Email is on its merry little way tt. Hope your trip planning is aok

Next time I'm down, I'll let you know Dr D.

Archived