Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Futurist Update

Discussion in 'News' started by iseovodoia, Nov 20, 2015.

1. iseovodoia

iseovodoia New Jack

ok. so i love futurists. its a really nerdy thing. i know. but super interesting and i'm a member of the world future society and they send out a newsletter every so often with all these possibilities with new technology that is being developed and different political movements around the world and all these different research methods that are being utilized and how that can shape the future of society. i just thought some of you on here might be interested as well.

ALMIGHTY_3 and theprotester like this.
  2. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

I found it interesting that Ford (FoMoCo) have entire futurists division - whom's which brief does NOT include any research about motor vehicles, in fact they are instructed against vehicle ponderings.

One of their Futurists was on the radio last week.

Timely.

3. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I love stuff like this. I'm so negative and pessimistic about the premise of a future--people like this almost inspire me to think differently. I love the "Are we being good ancestors?" quote.

4. Donald Chump

Donald Chump Junior Member

A lot of the work I've been involved with in the past kind of moved in to futures work when forecasting went past about the 20 year mark. We used to look at how battery and energy technology would change international relations in regards to robotics, economics, warfare, transport, aged care, etc. etc. How nanotech effects medication is also really interesting, so it AI, etc. etc.

Great stuff, especially for the dreamers among us.

5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

we still don't have flying cars

6. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

There's a bunch of them, but they're all still too dorky to be what we had in mind in the 80's.

7. ALMIGHTY_3

ALMIGHTY_3 New Jack

bruh maybe not flrying cars but boards that are controlled telpethivally