Further Proof of the American Youth's Stupidity..

fermentor666

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/2...reut/index.html

Ashlee Simpson tops music charts

Thursday, July 29, 2004 Posted: 10:11 AM EDT (1411 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Ashlee Simpson emerged from the shadow of sister pop diva Jessica's fame as her album, "Autobiography" topped the charts in its first week of release, industry trackers said on Wednesday.

"Autobiography" was released in the week that ended July 25, selling 398,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Before its release, dark-haired Ashlee Simpson began making a name for herself by starring in her own MTV reality series and by positioning herself as the smart, rock 'n roll antidote to sister Jessica, who has surged to worldwide celebrity as the bubbly, ditzy star of her own MTV reality series, "Newlyweds."

"Autobiography" includes Simpson's ballad "Shadow," which tells of her decision to step out of her older sister's shadow and carve out her own musical and acting identity.

"She is making her own shadows now. It took a lot for Ashlee to make this record and step outside of expectations," said Simpson's mother, Tina Simpson, in a statement provided by her label, Geffen Records.

Released to mixed reviews, the album features songs that fall somewhere between alternative rock and pop and was produced by John Shanks.

Geffen said 19-year-old Simpson, who also guest stars on the WB series "Seventh Heaven" co-wrote the songs.

Trailing behind Simpson on the U.S. album charts in the latest week was Jimmy Buffett's "License to Chill," which sold 148,000 units after marking his biggest album debut ever in the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Ranking No. 3 was Van Halen's two-CD greatest hits compilation "Best of Both Worlds," selling 138,000 units in its first week of release.

The rock 'n roll veterans are currently embarked on a nationwide tour, featuring Sammy Hagar as the lead vocalist.

Usher's "Confessions" ranked No. 4, selling 113,000 units in the latest week, bringing the year-to-date total to close to 5 million units, making it the best selling album of the year so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Country singer Gretchen Wilson's "Here for the Party," rounded out the top 5 with 89,000 units in the latest week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Copyright 2004 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Anything I type here is going to be a ridiculous rant, so I'll be quick. Fuck this ugly, talentless, pre-fabricated, talentless, ugly, corporate, stupid, talentless douche-bag. I hope she touches a live wire during her next performance. Just goes to show that a marketing blitz and a few carefully arranged corporate notes plus tweaked studio vocals will sell a million fucking copies. If all these idiots would just turn their TV off and read a goddamn book for once.

Rant away.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread should be renamed to, WHY HOT TOPIC IS COOL.

You shop @ Hot-Topic you are pseudo, regardless of your speech or use of truism's or cliche's in your response.

Hot topic is for those who wish to stand out and Gap is for those who want to fit in.

When you shop to stand out you are defeating your own cause, because you wish to fit in with the crowd that wants to stand out.

O, I love my ban dearly. If you did go to their site and give the artist direct support and no I am not talking about blink 182, the hardest punk band on the market.

Originally posted by SeYnO9

This thread should be renamed to, WHY HOT TOPIC IS COOL.

You shop @ Hot-Topic you are pseudo, regardless of your speech or use of truism's or cliche's in your response.

Hot topic is for those who wish to stand out and Gap is for those who want to fit in.

When you shop to stand out you are defeating your own cause, because you wish to fit in with the crowd that wants to stand out.

O, I love my ban dearly. If you did go to their site and give the artist direct support and no I am not talking about blink 182, the hardest punk band on the market.

I guess you deleted your last post to add that last paragraph. I think I figured out what you are trying to say, so I'll just say this.

I don't shop at Hot Topic, and you're wrong.

FLAME! FLAME! FLAME!

Originally posted by ..fuD..

if you deleted the entire first post of this thread the thread title would still fit perfectly.

You volunteered to further promote the stupidity of youth by posting, another self-defeating cause.

This only stands with fud's comment.

Eh. I tried watching the show for a couple of minutes the other day. Kinda like a train wretch [you know the rest of the saying..]. Her voice just pissed me off, reminds me too much of Long Island.

Anyway as far as style goes, no matter what age; wear whatever the hell you want. Fuck the stereotype of what each store means, gap being to 'fit in', Hot topic being 'to be different'. I grew up wearing whatever I wanted, mixing and matching from every style, chosing what I felt like wearing that day. Why is it that so many people try to fit into what mold [especially the mold in which their music style fits?] inotherwords; why do I have to wear big pants of I like electronic music, tight jeans and college sweatshirts if I like Dave Matthews?

Doesnt make any sense to me. People try too hard to fit into one type, which in the end, regardless how different your style is, just conforms you.:idea:

Guest me IS cool

Tell you what.... A couple of days ago I was at my local walmart (don't ask...) and I saw some adolescent teens sitting outside by the shopping carts. I figured that they were part of some charity shit. As I am walking around I see a shitty photocopy ad plastered on the wall and it says ashlee simpson is gonna be there at 6pm.... It all came togethere. Those kids were stitting outside in the 100 degree heat just to see that bitch and she wouldn't be for another 8+ hours.

Fuckin kids and their bad taste in music. I hope they all get skin cancer.

Fuck your style. Even if your meshing different "pop" wear. Two years ago you would receive laughs for dressing like a basketball player, I look around and I see the entire Western conference duking it out with the Eastern conference. Some of these hardcore and emo kids look more pussy than Boy George. Hair spray and tight jeans, I do not buy it, 10 years from now you will all look like Kid n Play and the neon children of the 80's.

Trends are for the crowd, they benefit the collective group, for if you resemble the group, acceptance comes easier.

Here is why I hate Hot-Topic and it is not to be cool or because it's my style. Hot-Topic attacks the psyche of the weak consumer, the homo-sapien who acts on mass manipulation by the media and above all the store enjoys the craves of those who do not think as an individual unit. This is why Hot-Topic is selling in mass amounts, every one wants to be a weirdo, it is a trend to have "phobias". Trends exist because of the retarded consumer, otherwise we would be sold books, documentaries, music by Johannes Brahms and a fuck load of Charles Mingus cd's at malls, yes you can buy their music at Barnes and Nobles but it would be excellent to have stores dedicate to such artists. Of course you dont want to hear this because deep inside you all have a little Jessica Simpson.

the store degrades you mind!

Be the music is the slogan for Hot-Topic, how retarted. This basically tells you to be the mental image and personify all of what is on MTV, for it offers the oppurtunity for the consumer to get closer to their fantasy. Any of you ever heard of Tyler Durden, THE MALL IS FILLED WITH THEM. I could explain in psychology terms but my words would be extremely undermined.

THE FIGHT CLUB IS A BULLSHIT MOVIE... It's purpose is self defeating

Fuck your thinking outside the box mentality=self defeating

Fuck your im awake atittude= your pseudo

If the matrix is the closest you have reached to enlightment, KNOW THAT RENE DECARTES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MOVIE, BUT YOU PROBABLY DID NOT EVEN KNOW HE WAS A PHILOSOPHER and has been dead since before the creators of the movie were created.

UNTIL I LIVE I REFUSE TO WALK IN TO HOT-TOPIC

I dont try to be the music, I am just me. Assigning yourself a title is the gayest shit, OOh im punk...Study anarchy and Fascism and then speak to me, until then I suggest you pucker up! Ohh I am hip hop, learn about the dj and appreciate breakbeats.

PLease for your own sake! Be yourself, this is all you will ever know and if you do not know by now, I do not blame you for your consuming habits.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Fuck your thinking outside the box mentality=self defeating

Fuck your im awake atittude= your pseudo

Way to commit logical suicide.

You should stop before you hurt yourself.

I am pseudo, I rejected a political movement and now I am stuck with these wind -up toys, who get their advanced, poser technology from malls.

When you crumble, I will assimilate and render my services to a horti-culture and live wonderfully, never again looking @ assembly lines.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Way to commit logical suicide.

You should stop before you hurt yourself.

You ARE FUCKING SCARY. The stated terms are associated with pop-culture. POP= the popular psyche, the psyche of the group which exist because of the band of mall idiots.

Marmerro you sincerely scared the hell out of me.

I will not wear my trucker hats because I refuse to be associated with any of your cultures.

ESOTERIC AS FUCK, TIL DEATH.

SEE HOW I CLEVERLY COUNTERED HIS WORDS BY USING A POP ICON FROM A NINTENDO GAME, AND THUS MADE A POIGNANT REMARK????

I am fucking scary.

SEE HOW I CLEVERLY COUNTERED HIS WORDS BY USING A POP ICON FROM A NINTENDO GAME, AND THUS MADE A POIGNANT REMARK????

I am fucking scary.

How funny, all of that was done for your imaginary "crowd". Could you not focus your remark @ my direction? HEY CROWD I WANT TO BE NOTICED, SEE HOW I AM LIKE HIM AND TALK WITH CAPS TO "ALL YAL".

HEY CROWD I WANT TO BE NOTICED, SEE HOW I AM LIKE HIM AND TALK WITH CAPS TO "ALL YAL".

Yo, you forgot to name drop more classical and jazz musicians. Those are big on the "wow, this guy knows his shit" effect.

Yo, you forgot to name drop more classical and jazz musicians. Those are big on the "wow, this guy knows his shit" effect.

Wow, you are scary. It's on the I want to stay in tune with the positive spirit of mankind and only wish to sorround myself around positive material. I hate hippies they were all morons.

This effect you speak of was conceived by your mind and yours alone, so your psyche has been revealed.

GEEZ DUDE, I BEG YOU TO TAKE SOME PSYCHOLOGY COURSES OR read the primer of jungian psychology.

dude, I do not wish to put you down or insult you, it leads to nothing. You simply took a discussion as an argument and you now speak on the behalf of your ego.