1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Further Proof of the American Youth's Stupidity..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fermentor666, Jul 30, 2004.

1. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

Further Proof of the American Youth's Stupidity..

Discussion started by fermentor666 - Jul 30, 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/2...reut/index.html

Ashlee Simpson tops music charts

Thursday, July 29, 2004 Posted: 10:11 AM EDT (1411 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Ashlee Simpson emerged from the shadow of sister pop diva Jessica's fame as her album, "Autobiography" topped the charts in its first week of release, industry trackers said on Wednesday.

"Autobiography" was released in the week that ended July 25, selling 398,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Before its release, dark-haired Ashlee Simpson began making a name for herself by starring in her own MTV reality series and by positioning herself as the smart, rock 'n roll antidote to sister Jessica, who has surged to worldwide celebrity as the bubbly, ditzy star of her own MTV reality series, "Newlyweds."

"Autobiography" includes Simpson's ballad "Shadow," which tells of her decision to step out of her older sister's shadow and carve out her own musical and acting identity.

"She is making her own shadows now. It took a lot for Ashlee to make this record and step outside of expectations," said Simpson's mother, Tina Simpson, in a statement provided by her label, Geffen Records.

Released to mixed reviews, the album features songs that fall somewhere between alternative rock and pop and was produced by John Shanks.

Geffen said 19-year-old Simpson, who also guest stars on the WB series "Seventh Heaven" co-wrote the songs.

Trailing behind Simpson on the U.S. album charts in the latest week was Jimmy Buffett's "License to Chill," which sold 148,000 units after marking his biggest album debut ever in the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Ranking No. 3 was Van Halen's two-CD greatest hits compilation "Best of Both Worlds," selling 138,000 units in its first week of release.

The rock 'n roll veterans are currently embarked on a nationwide tour, featuring Sammy Hagar as the lead vocalist.

Usher's "Confessions" ranked No. 4, selling 113,000 units in the latest week, bringing the year-to-date total to close to 5 million units, making it the best selling album of the year so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Country singer Gretchen Wilson's "Here for the Party," rounded out the top 5 with 89,000 units in the latest week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Copyright 2004 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Anything I type here is going to be a ridiculous rant, so I'll be quick. Fuck this ugly, talentless, pre-fabricated, talentless, ugly, corporate, stupid, talentless douche-bag. I hope she touches a live wire during her next performance. Just goes to show that a marketing blitz and a few carefully arranged corporate notes plus tweaked studio vocals will sell a million fucking copies. If all these idiots would just turn their TV off and read a goddamn book for once.

Rant away.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

TheoHuxtab|e - Replied Jul 30, 2004

[​IMG]

TheoHuxtab|e - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  3. fermentor666

fermentor666 - Replied Jul 30, 2004

Can I be the tall guy? If not, then the guy with the smoke? I'll be the dude with the paper, too. Anything but the guy with the fez hat.

4. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Jul 30, 2004

I agree.---I'd probably hit her with the tube-steak though....

5. fermentor666

Wait, I'm confused, are you saying I shop at Hot Topic?

6. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

SeYnO9 - Replied Jul 30, 2004

This thread should be renamed to, WHY HOT TOPIC IS COOL.

You shop @ Hot-Topic you are pseudo, regardless of your speech or use of truism's or cliche's in your response.

Hot topic is for those who wish to stand out and Gap is for those who want to fit in.

When you shop to stand out you are defeating your own cause, because you wish to fit in with the crowd that wants to stand out.

O, I love my ban dearly. If you did go to their site and give the artist direct support and no I am not talking about blink 182, the hardest punk band on the market.

SeYnO9 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut 12oz Elite Member

Mr. Peanut - Replied Jul 30, 2004

FUCK VAN HAGAR!!!

Mr. Peanut - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. fermentor666

I guess you deleted your last post to add that last paragraph. I think I figured out what you are trying to say, so I'll just say this.

I don't shop at Hot Topic, and you're wrong.

FLAME! FLAME! FLAME!

9. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

fermentor666, I utterly agree with your post. I hate editing post's, I rather delete them and re-construct my thought.

Just by ending your statement with, read a book, gave me an understanding of your psyche.

10. ment2

ment2 New Jack

ment2 - Replied Jul 30, 2004

if you deleted the entire first post of this thread the thread title would still fit perfectly.

ment2 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

You volunteered to further promote the stupidity of youth by posting, another self-defeating cause.

This only stands with fud's comment.

12. fermentor666

I'm so confused. What have I done?

Fuck Ashlee Simpson.

13. gatita

gatita 12oz Senior Member

gatita - Replied Jul 30, 2004

Eh. I tried watching the show for a couple of minutes the other day. Kinda like a train wretch [you know the rest of the saying..]. Her voice just pissed me off, reminds me too much of Long Island.

Anyway as far as style goes, no matter what age; wear whatever the hell you want. Fuck the stereotype of what each store means, gap being to 'fit in', Hot topic being 'to be different'. I grew up wearing whatever I wanted, mixing and matching from every style, chosing what I felt like wearing that day. Why is it that so many people try to fit into what mold [especially the mold in which their music style fits?] inotherwords; why do I have to wear big pants of I like electronic music, tight jeans and college sweatshirts if I like Dave Matthews?

Doesnt make any sense to me. People try too hard to fit into one type, which in the end, regardless how different your style is, just conforms you.:idea:

gatita - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. $360

$360 12oz Elite Member

$360 - Replied Jul 30, 2004

cooperate music is great!

$360 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

me IS cool - Replied Jul 30, 2004

Tell you what.... A couple of days ago I was at my local walmart (don't ask...) and I saw some adolescent teens sitting outside by the shopping carts. I figured that they were part of some charity shit. As I am walking around I see a shitty photocopy ad plastered on the wall and it says ashlee simpson is gonna be there at 6pm.... It all came togethere. Those kids were stitting outside in the 100 degree heat just to see that bitch and she wouldn't be for another 8+ hours.

Fuckin kids and their bad taste in music. I hope they all get skin cancer.