Fully Auto Glock

2 blaazed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im pretty sure that in the Matrix Reloaded when Morpheus

shoots that black Lincoln SUV on the bridge the gun that hes

using is a fully auto Glock, with an extended clips.

I'm not a gun freak, I think I saw this on the special

features of the DVD...that video link is great though.

i've never heard of, nor can i even fathom a reason why glock would manufacture a fully auto handgun. it's a complete waste. not only would it be too small to shoot accurately, the clip is too small to be effective.

i'm sure thats just some home-made ghetto-rig.

and glock's arent bad guns, they just arent spectacularly good guns. if you want something dependeble, go for it. if you want a high quality pistol of distinction, you're going to want to look a little higher up on the price scale.

Originally posted by seeking

and glock's arent bad guns, they just arent spectacularly good guns. if you want something dependeble, go for it. if you want a high quality pistol of distinction, you're going to want to look a little higher up on the price scale.

any reccomendations, seeks? I might be in the market for a 9mm soon.

i'm incredibly partial to H&K's, but thats just.

if you want something dependable, just to have, i'd go with a glock 26, or 29. they're the compact models...small, light, but feel good in your hand. if you're going to go 9mm, i'd consider stepping it up one notch, to a .40. not a huge difference, but enough to make a difference. it's not going to fit as seemlessly into your rhymes, but it's a little more powerful. just MHO.

honestly, i havent paid much attention to guns in a few years, so my outlook might be a bit dated. maybe there is some new awesome company on the market, i dont know.

Yeah this is probably a homemade job on the glock. If you want an automatic pistol get an uzi or something. Full auto is not that great as people think. The kick throws your accuracy and you wind up wasting alot of ammo.

I think I would go heavier than a 9 myself as well. Depends on what you are looking for really. Revolvers have their advantages as well. As far as semi automatic pistols go though the 1911 and it's various versions has a long history and alot of support.

Originally posted by dowmagik

ive shot lots of glocks and have never witnessed one jam. did you store your gun in a fucking sand box?

no, and i shot 300 factory rounds though it in one sitting and it jammed at least 9 times. i knew of a few other people that they jammed on. they're nice but not the best. too much hype on this pistol, i'm down with sigs now.

Full-Auto pistols aren't too useful

If you want something full-auto, buy an assault rifle. If you are going to buy a full-auto weapon in 9mm, I'd go with something like an H&K MP5, but be prepared to pay big dollares.

There are a lot of people who just love the .40. I don't know why I don't really like it. I prefer a .45. Slower, but it hits like a sledgehammer.

I prefer military calibers over civilian ones, generally speaking. Which is one reason I own several 9mms (9x19mm). There are a lot of different 9mm's (9x18 ComBloc, 9mm Largo, etc.) but the old standard, 9mm Luger (9x19mm) (also called "9mm Parabellum") is the standard NATO pistol cartridge. I bought a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm in the early 1970's after the movie "Serpico" came out, because of the 13-shot magazine. Before that. I was strictly a .38 Special, .357 Magnum and .45 ACP fan. After shooting a .357, the 9mm sure seemed underpowered, but it had a big reputation for over-penetration, and for penetrating bulletproof vests.

The only time I had to shoot anything, the rounds went straight through and made huge splashes of mud and water on the other side of my target. It took several rounds to do the job (five, I think. Hollowpoints, too.)

I went and got a .45 the next day. Fuck that--I didn't want to have my carry pistol fail me if I really needed it. I knew already that a .45 would knock down the bad guys with absolutely no question. But that 13-round magazine was very attractive.

Since the U.S. military retired the old .45ACP M1911A1 pistols, I started buying 9mms again. I own a couple Hi-Power designs made by FEG in Hungary. They're like a cheaper version of a Browning.

I have fired many full-auto machineguns--the M-16A1, M-14, H&K MP5, a Ceiner .308 shortened H&K 91 (like a shorty G-3,) FN/FAL, MP40 (the Nazi submachinegun) and they were all fun. And I bet they would all do the job if you were in deep shit, but the one I liked the best was the venerable AK-47 in 7.62x39mm Com Bloc. It has to be the world's toughest infantry weapon, bar none. Virtually failure proof.

I've never fired a Thompson. They are pretty rare, these days.

Auto handgun is a terrible terrible idea, like everyone else said. It looked like the guy was straining to hold it in the direction of the target, much less aim. You could do as much damage as he did with one well placed shot and not use a full clip. If you don't believe me try to shoot twice in a row without readjusting with a handgun and see how close the second shot hits.

.45 is where its at as far as I'm concerned. But if you're looking in the 9mm, 40 range the HK is nice, as seeking pointed out. Also sig arms makes a few nice .40s that are very accurate and very comfortable but don't hold as many rounds as the HKs. It's really a preference thing I guess.

if you want a nice small gun to have around just incase shit...go wit the snub .38..small dog with a big bite....my man got a desert...i knew it was a heavy gun but when i picked it up GOD DAMN!! it sweet...he had the shell catcher clipped on.....let me bust of 3 clips...very exhilirating...personally...snub 38 and a 380 does justice

Archived