Guest railroadjerk

IN THE WAITING ROOM

I DONT WANT THE NEWS

IM NOT A PART OF IT

I DONT WANT THE NEWS

I HAVE NO USE FOR IT!

motherfuckers are great...

"the kill" too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dyptheria

"did you hear something outside?

it sounded like a gun

stay away from that window boy

it's not anyone we know

only about ourselves and

what we read in the paper

don't you know ink washes out

easier than blood

but we don't have to try it

and we don't have to buy it"

god i'm fucking bored at work

Guest Dyptheria

the irritating thing about comparing fugazi with ians other bands, is that there are two members in fugazi that were in rites of spring. that makes fugazi more likely to be compared to rites of spring, than any of ians bands.

but in all, comparing someone to their previous band is just stupid. i used to do that when i was 13 just to show that i know who is who in this and that band.

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by Dyptheria

but in all, comparing someone to their previous band is just stupid. i used to do that when i was 13 just to show that i know who is who in this and that band.

well thats because your an asshole.

muahahah. :lol:

Guest KING OF HELL

oops. i posted under seekings account. whoops had to delete and re-post under my own.

dont forget skewbald, egg hunt, and pailhead.

people can bitch all they want, and no matter what it seems like everyone knows someone who has a story about blah blah ian makaye doing heroin or getting drunk..blah blah. fuck all that urban legend shit.

this guy is keeping it real. dischord has always been a straighforward label, and this guy has always had more integrity that anything. people always try to knock him down, because his very existence bring out just how shitty and, lazy and, pathetic we all are.

if it wasnt for all those revolution summer bands, rites of spring, embrace, soulside, beefeater, and all the bands they inspired like, ignition and swiz and verbal assault i cant tell you where id be.

dude isnt preachy, he just inst backing down and i have nothing but respect for that. he walks the walk. so fuck off.

"...but i guess your just a human too..."

Guest KING OF HELL

well in all fairness each season of those different bands were about different things.

they shold be compared..

like gorilla biscuits to moondog to quicksand to worlds fastest car to quicksand. theres no reason at all to compare because they are about different shit.

i think fugazi has more of a soulside sound at times than Embrace, and he wasnt in soulside.

while were talking about guy's bands.. One last wish was also pretty fucking good.

the state of the union comp has a great one last wish song on it, not to mention a great fugazi song, fire party, soulside, and marginal man also. "SWAN STREET" by

Three, is amazing...three is amazing....

christ on a crutch im freaking old!

the irritating thing about comparing fugazi with ians other bands, is that there are two members in fugazi that were in rites of spring. that makes fugazi more likely to be compared to rites of spring, than any of ians bands.

Hey man....what?....haha

I used to listen too(and still do occasionally) to most of his projects...fuckin' a ...it was just my opinion..so with that...

why don't you go get another tattoo and make sure the Fugazi patch on your jean jacket isn't falling off....have a nice day.

pailhead was super good...let me see....hmmm...91ish?..can't remember.

Guest Dyptheria

yeah, Three was good too.

Guy was also in a group called Black Light Panthers. i got the 12" which which shows he was the godfather of all "sass" in punk that later became known as the dreaded "e" word.

Guy was the first one to use the word "baby" in punk. that took a lot of balls in the mid eighties. That stuff was straight sassiness, it influenced the Nation of Ulysses (and later the mAke uP), who in turn influenced the san diego bands, and later influenced bands that got big like Rye Coalition, Refused, and now the Blood Brothers. it all goes back to Guy. i think guy deserves more credit than ian for making fugazi what they are. to me ian's best stuff was embrace.

i actually hung out with walter schriefells for a few days, several years back, he's the one that made me aware that its not fair to judge someone by comparing to their previous bands. he's equally proud of all his bands, but he said he's always trying to do something new.

One of the guys was in the 'teen idles' or "the idles' or something wern't they. I can remember, haven't listened to Fugazi in a long while. Still have all of their Cd's though.

I liked 'end hits' alot. I think i might listen to thatnow.

Guest KING OF HELL

i think that both Iam and Guy balance each other out perfectly.

as far as comparing...in music there wasnt ever anything that hurt more than quicksand breaking up. honest to god. that band still kills it. they influenced everyone from Tool(who completely took what quicksand and helmet were doing and fucking ripped it and added a shit load of melo drama) to the deftones...

its such a shame they never got thier due. there was nothing like them live. just thich sonic waves of music vibrating you from the inside out....

in that same camp im going to put one of my other favorites..BURN. one more band that cant be fucked with and just couldnt get it together long enough to hit real big.

those bands......

I AM THE CHIEF IN MY OWN MIND! I MAKE THE RULES THAT GOVERN THE FOLLOWERS OF MY FAITH!

Guest Dyptheria

yeah, teen idles was Ians first band. he played bass. it was actually one of the guys from teen idles that started dischord, but ian took control and brought to the successful business it is now.

okay, i was a total punk and hardcore freak when i was a kid. i'm done here, i feel like i'm regressing. i'm gonna get off the comp and listen to some aphex twin

Guest KING OF HELL

actually i was going to mention, if anyone here is into this music in the slightest...it would do to read Dance of Days, by Mark Anderson.

great account of the DC scene and how it became what it is...the section on revolution summer kills me everytime. keep that fire lit.

now back to FVGAZI

insturment is a damn cool movie. long as hell, but real informative and inspiring. thats it right there. those bands are inspiring....they keep me awake and all fired up. i cant let that go for all the new music in the world.

fuck. im lame.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by fr8oholic

MT reunion needs to happen.

nah. it just wouldnt ever bee the same. its like watching a pathetic shadow of itself. plus that band was so spontaneous and young...it just wouldnt gel with the guys now....

id love to go back in time to see, but it wouldnt even work now.

it like someone asking you to paint the second piece you drew ever, but paint it today....

Guy was also in a group called Black Light Panthers. i got the 12" which which shows he was the godfather of all "sass" in punk that later became known as the dreaded "e" word.

Guy was the first one to use the word "baby" in punk. that took a lot of balls in the mid eighties. That stuff was straight sassiness, it influenced the Nation of Ulysses (and later the mAke uP), who in turn influenced the san diego bands, and later influenced bands that got big like Rye Coalition, Refused, and now the Blood Brothers. it all goes back to Guy. i think guy deserves more credit than ian for making fugazi what they are. to me ian's best stuff was embrace.

whoah now! the mAke uP are fucking excellent, something else live...just got Nation Of Ulysses '13 Point Program To Destroy America' LP and it's amazing too, although first time i heard them 10 years ago i didn't like them for some reason...and i got right into Rites Of Spring again too, so i'll be looking out for the bands mentioned there

nobody has mentioned the '20 Years Of Dischord' compilation, 3 CDs, but worth it alone for the first CD of the first Dischord releases, top-notch stuff

as for Fugazi, can't fault them, although the last album wasn't as good as the reviews had led me to believe

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

nah. it just wouldnt ever bee the same. its like watching a pathetic shadow of itself. plus that band was so spontaneous and young...it just wouldnt gel with the guys now....

id love to go back in time to see, but it wouldnt even work now.

it like someone asking you to paint the second piece you drew ever, but paint it today....

if that were the case then i'd want to see the bad brains in the late 70's very early 80's.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by fr8oholic

if that were the case then i'd want to see the bad brains in the late 70's very early 80's.

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!

"I got that supertouch!!!!"

Archived