Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FUGAZI.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by railroadjerk, Feb 13, 2003.

1. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

IN THE WAITING ROOM
    I DONT WANT THE NEWS
    IM NOT A PART OF IT
    I DONT WANT THE NEWS
    I HAVE NO USE FOR IT!

motherfuckers are great...

"the kill" too.

2. 455

455 Guest

Minor Threat was better.

3. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

"did you hear something outside?
    it sounded like a gun
    stay away from that window boy
    it's not anyone we know
    only about ourselves and
    what we read in the paper
    don't you know ink washes out
    easier than blood
    but we don't have to try it
    and we don't have to buy it"

god i'm fucking bored at work

4. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

cant be compared.

5. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

RAMALLAH?

yeap, RAMALLAH.

6. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

haha.. ramallah.

anyways. fugazi rocks and rolls.

7. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

minor threat embrace fugazi were such a part of my life. god damn they are good..

8. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

long division....

seeking, you wouldn't by any chance have tragedy khadafi iron sheik ep would you? hahaha...

9. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

the irritating thing about comparing fugazi with ians other bands, is that there are two members in fugazi that were in rites of spring. that makes fugazi more likely to be compared to rites of spring, than any of ians bands.

but in all, comparing someone to their previous band is just stupid. i used to do that when i was 13 just to show that i know who is who in this and that band.

10. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

well thats because your an asshole.

muahahah. :lol:

11. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

oops. i posted under seekings account. whoops had to delete and re-post under my own.

dont forget skewbald, egg hunt, and pailhead.

people can bitch all they want, and no matter what it seems like everyone knows someone who has a story about blah blah ian makaye doing heroin or getting drunk..blah blah. fuck all that urban legend shit.

this guy is keeping it real. dischord has always been a straighforward label, and this guy has always had more integrity that anything. people always try to knock him down, because his very existence bring out just how shitty and, lazy and, pathetic we all are.
    if it wasnt for all those revolution summer bands, rites of spring, embrace, soulside, beefeater, and all the bands they inspired like, ignition and swiz and verbal assault i cant tell you where id be.

dude isnt preachy, he just inst backing down and i have nothing but respect for that. he walks the walk. so fuck off.

"...but i guess your just a human too..."

12. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

well in all fairness each season of those different bands were about different things.
    they shold be compared..

like gorilla biscuits to moondog to quicksand to worlds fastest car to quicksand. theres no reason at all to compare because they are about different shit.

i think fugazi has more of a soulside sound at times than Embrace, and he wasnt in soulside.

while were talking about guy's bands.. One last wish was also pretty fucking good.
    the state of the union comp has a great one last wish song on it, not to mention a great fugazi song, fire party, soulside, and marginal man also. "SWAN STREET" by
    Three, is amazing...three is amazing....

christ on a crutch im freaking old!

13. 455

455 Guest

Hey man....what?....haha

I used to listen too(and still do occasionally) to most of his projects...fuckin' a ...it was just my opinion..so with that...

why don't you go get another tattoo and make sure the Fugazi patch on your jean jacket isn't falling off....have a nice day.

pailhead was super good...let me see....hmmm...91ish?..can't remember.

14. grittylifer

grittylifer Banned

this is not a fugazi post.

15. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

yeah, Three was good too.

Guy was also in a group called Black Light Panthers. i got the 12" which which shows he was the godfather of all "sass" in punk that later became known as the dreaded "e" word.

Guy was the first one to use the word "baby" in punk. that took a lot of balls in the mid eighties. That stuff was straight sassiness, it influenced the Nation of Ulysses (and later the mAke uP), who in turn influenced the san diego bands, and later influenced bands that got big like Rye Coalition, Refused, and now the Blood Brothers. it all goes back to Guy. i think guy deserves more credit than ian for making fugazi what they are. to me ian's best stuff was embrace.

i actually hung out with walter schriefells for a few days, several years back, he's the one that made me aware that its not fair to judge someone by comparing to their previous bands. he's equally proud of all his bands, but he said he's always trying to do something new.