FUGAZI "THE ARGUMENT"

and now you choke

umm hello? ian mackaye and his band "fugazi" just came out with a new and 100% fucking RAD album and you dipshits have nothing to say?? well i do, GO BUY IT. DON'T even think about burning it, or copying it from a friend, go spend the MEASLY $9.99 dischord records priced the CD for. if your record shop is selling it for more, it's because their a bunch of greedy hampsters so fuck them, order it from dischord and fuckin' support these guys who have basically crutched the entire DC independent and/or hardcore scenes (don't get scenester with me). they got way better instrumentally and just pumped out 11 awesome songs, "the argument" being possibly the best. "OH" is bomb. and i fucking love "THE KILL".

that's it. quit being the spoiled rich boy you are and buy it for shizzie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking innocence

what if i download it, burn it, then send em a check for 9.99 does that count?

then you'd be totally ass backwards! we're talking about champ gimp status, chief. i guess they'd get a little more for their cd, but you wouldn't get any of that fancy ass artwork that comes with it.

"mm hello? ian mackaye and his band "fugazi" just came out with a new and 100% fucking RAD album and you dipshits have nothing to say?? "

...yes in the case id have to agree 100 percent, total dipshit, didnt even know....thanks for the scoop choke...hmmm new album, could that mean tour?.:idea: .....r

i edit cause i take pride in spelling...what what!

Guest serpent of the light

fugazi sucks. dc has far better shit to offer the world, anyway, fuck dc, boston, ny, syracuse, and la have far better hardcore scenes. hell, i'd argue that denver here has a better hXc scene, just not as many big bands come through

xxx303

Originally posted by serpent of the light

fugazi sucks. dc has far better shit to offer the world, anyway, fuck dc, boston, ny, syracuse, and la have far better hardcore scenes. hell, i'd argue that denver here has a better hXc scene, just not as many big bands come through

xxx303

HEY YOU FUCK. DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME WHEN I SAID "DON'T GET SCENESTER" WITH ME!? elitist shitheads like you get the THUMB UP THE BUTT. that's worse than the thumbs down. don't you have a hardcore board to play coolguy on or something? fuck off!

i don't keep up with that scene at all any more, but i still love fugazi, so thanks for letting me know they got a new one. i would have never found out...

The children who have the most buttons pressed are at risk of becoming broke

by tensile strength that jars the fragrant overtones of what is and what was

once and what shall be considered underground music as it is cracked..

Instead of justifying the precarious placement of the word underground in a

grey grass sidewalk caked with sillystring and chalk, it will be of more

less of a risk to detail how such splendor like dj's scratching their

dirtstyle records.

Pilliaged software and CD-Rs abound, yes you live in a great time. People

are harvesting the dirt inside of nooks and crannies to produce the

sub-American dream of cutting a CD-R to be sold of prices like 12.50

(american dollars). You live in a time when my pal burned your cd and

you're a no name. Your ailing music heros are taxidermied under the weight

of repetitive mouse clicking, a stuffed iggy pop, the mounted head of Rakim,

Lars Fredrickson's recorded bitching at the site of his feeble band's name

appearing in the dialog box for the love of Napster (can't say I disagree

with him though, fame in real life is nicer than fame on the fake internet).

Don't you love the commotion generated by the mosaic ripple of computed six

standard deviations away (because duh, everything's been done before)? I am

content with it all though, not angry, sorted stiff from hiding behind real

life eyeballs and not dancing on the hallowed ground of new releases and

mannequin like release dates that just don't manifest themselves the way

they used to. Take a look! They're on mp3s anyway! Why should I make an

effort to get it myself? Might a corporation do it a tenfold? It's a

conspiracy they way they made the drums into ghosts of their former selves.

Like art can make fun itself but be the Gary Shandling composed sarcastic

tree smiling refugee (with many supporters); I'm not here to hear Gray

Shandling's show rerun dialogue. I can't make eyes at kids who can't even

pronounce their own names right. I don't have an HBO ounce of effort in my

blood to crane my neck into looking into the fishtank of understanding

people's run on sentences and poofy hairdos or chopped off dreds.

Columnarly, able bodies bask with the rash intent to construct a due process

of vacancy about their faces when they relate lyrics they downloaded off a

website to their gingerbread intellect. Hastily testing, this button you

pushed was a gateway to my response of

"I do care, therefore I am like so totally unabashed when I walk into the

place screaming for measuring my undergroundity."

But just so you know, I had one hand on the button while the other one was

flipping through other people's pilfered accounts of their own life written

by degenerates and children's books authors masquerading as transcendental

self realized and broke.

• 3 weeks later...

so my girlfriend just brought this home for me last nite and im listening to it for the first time right as i type this,and...i really like it,im not to familiar with the last couple releases,the last album i listened to of theres is end hits,although i dont own it.and having and listening almost religiously to 13 songs/repeater/steady diet of nothing, the arguement is VERY different,a very mature sound,alot of progression.i can already see myself listening to this everyday for quite a while!bravo.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by seeking innocence

and now you choke on smirnoff ice till you shit snowflakes, just for the record, i bought it. happy now?

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice seeking

:)

Re: WEll well

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush

I picked up Fugazi's Repeater, and i really don't like it. I wanna get into this band, but i think they would suck if most of their albums sounded like this album.

peace.

REPEATER DOES NOT SUCK. in any way. it is goooold.

I love the argument though. As Ian MacKaye would say, "y'all jus' a bunch a playahaytaz" At least, thats what i think he'd say.

in..ep.t

Originally posted by blahblahblah

oh shut up chokey. You know youre a scenester as much as the next person. How about you burn it for me and i'll give you cloud dead? DEAL! I might even through in plays pretty for baby! WHATA DEAL!!!! Make 12 easy payments of FUCK YOU.

now that it took me an hour to find the "reply with quote" button, i've forgotten what i had to say in response. but basically fuck you and your clouddead cd because that shit was long overdue. especially after your one night stand in jail cost me my NOU cd since we had to hide away from your house that night. you owe me 12 packs of marlboro menthol lights for all the stress you've caused, pal. i tell ya, the kids these days ain't nothin' but "gimme this gimme that". i don't bargain with bums, pal.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

better yet spend your 9.99 on the embrace album and relish in the fact that post hardcore is the best thing ever.

and embrace didnt suck.

it's one of my top five all time favorite albums. i don't tell people about it, i like it soooo much. i like fugazi but i cringe when i see the kids with fugazi stickers next to blink 182 stickers on their mommy's car. i don't want embrace on that tip. i also don't understand the comparison, just cuz it had one person in both bands, they're still two different bands with different sounds. its as dumb as kids comparing fugazi with minor threat. if anything, fugazi should have more in common with rites of spring since two members were in that band

Guest KING OF HELL

actualy if anything FUGAZI was closest to this band from back then called WIRE. no one really knows about them as they werent real big.

im anxious to hear the new fugazi though. and for the record EMBRACE.....still kills me everytime i listen to it.

i reember Wire. I thought were from LA that played more straight up punk. my memory's not so good. i do know that they did the orginal 12XU that minor threat covered.

Archived