Fuck You Matt Groening! Possible END TO THE SIMPSONS Coming Soon?

Pistol

I was watching the Fox News channel at they have a little ticker at the bottom with news. And there was a little blurb that said Simpson creator is saying The Simpsons might be coming to an end soon. I haven't heard anything else but I am saddened nonetheless.

Pours some Coke on the ground.

Viva La Simpsons!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FUCK YOU COLOUR!

and now the article.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simpsons Creator Says Series End Is Nigh

Tue Apr 30, 2:50 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Cowabunga, dude! Could the end be near for cult television cartoon family "The Simpsons (news - Y! TV)?"

Photos

Reuters Photo

"I think we are closer to winding it up," the television show's creator, Matt Groening, told the Financial Times in an interview published Tuesday.

"Although what happens generally if we win the Emmy for best animation show is that that gives us another couple of years to run it into the ground," he said.

Groening has earned millions for media baron Rupert Murdoch's Fox channel since the series featuring Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie first entered the lives of television viewers in 1989.

Its appeal has spread far beyond its American setting and its dysfunctional characters have become globally recognized symbols of mid-life crisis and childhood rebellion.

TV Guide recently placed the animated show eighth on its list of the 50 greatest television shows of all time.

Its power to attract audiences is such that in February Britain's Channel 4 was said to have paid up to $1 million an episode to show the series, outbidding the BBC, which had been broadcasting it for the past six years.

And it retains its ability to cause upset. When a recent episode depicted Rio de Janeiro as teeming with rats, monkeys and street crime, Brazilian (news - web sites) tourist officials were outraged and the show's executive producer was forced to apologize.

But Groening admitted to weariness with the formula of the show, now in its 13th series.

"It becomes increasingly difficult as the years go by to keep on not only surprising the audience, but surprising ourselves," he said.

However, he said he doubted his creative angst would overly concern the television accountants.

"I think Fox will wring every last penny out of the show before they call it a day."

yeah fuck you colour

Originally posted by colour

about time

how long has bart been 8 now, 12 years?

fuck you colour, fuck your family all your friends and everybody who knows you, and everybody who sometimes sees you walking down the street!!!

bart is 10 !!!

dont take it personally, if you dislike the simpsons for even the slightest reason you automatically become an enemy of mine and your post suggeted "it was about time for it to be over" which suggests negative connotations! :mad: :heated:

Guest willy.wonka

damn thats fucked......

see i told you that the end of the world was coming....

where is springfield anyways?

i remember my father telling me that it was a bad show to watch,that it showed lack of family values...he was married to this bitch....she didnt like him being funny anymore...he started to change.....my dad used to be a comedian...very funny guy...

Guest blood as ink

simpsons are like my bible but in tv form...who well i look to in a time of need??

ahhh...i need sleep

Damn I was just about to go to bed. Now I read this shit. Colour. :heated: Damn I'm at a loss for words. Someone just punch that kid.

I am officailly already in morning. I'm staying home every sunday to catch them now and not just going to tape them if I know I am going to be out. VIVA LA SIMPSONS

In case anyone is interested.

This weekends new episode.

"The Sweetest Apu"

Sex Scandal

Rocks Springfield!

Homer witnesses Apu's shocking affair at the Kwik-E-Mart! Don't miss an all-new episode of The Simpsons, Sunday, May 5th at 8PM/7C.

Guest Pilau Hands

that was the joke, roe. they had a clip show, so at the end they sang a song about how we shouldn't worry, they have ideas for many more years (sarcasm) and they apologized for the clip show. very funny indeed, but bittersweet.

Archived