fuck you, gimme a job...

vinyl junkie

i've been looking for a job for two months now... turning in about a dozen applications or resumes 4 or 5 days a week... so it's not like i'm not looking and just bitching...

everywhere i look there's old people working... jobs that used to be held by the high school and college kids- jobs that pay for shit and are easy to come into hung over, are filled by people that look like my parents...

why would any employer hire some dirty kid when they can hire an ex-dot commer, who appears more respectable and responsible...

i have an interview on wednesday... i'm gonna have to wear long sleeves, tape on my fingers and make up on my neck to cover tattoos... i have to take all my piercings out, and hope that stretched earlobes don't conflict with the dress code... this has never been an issue before...

in the six years that i have been pierced/tattooed it has never affected whether or not i got a job, the only thing that mattered was whether i could do the work...

i had an interview at a kinko's last week... i have about 5 years experience working in copy shops, and i spend a ton of my time in them even when i'm not working at one... i know how to use every machine in that shop... i wore long sleeves to the interview, and had my lip rings and tounge ring out, but dude interviewing me still took notice of my fingers (and they're not that obvious either... i had them tattooed for 6 months before my dad ever noticed...) i didn't get the job, and i found out later from a friend who works there that they hired a thirty six year old guy, who's only experience was "occasional copying on the machine at the office". he didn't know how to run a folding machine, a cutter, or even how to automatically copy collated documents...

fuck this shit...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your applying for the wrong jobs

you should be looking into gettin jobs where dress code doesnt matter...once you stretch your ear lobes and tattoo your neck your and fingers your pretty much fucked in the mainstream corporate world unless you apply in one of those corporate places that cater to that shit. like hot topic. hehehe. that place is a joke. if you cant find a job your in the wrong community. i dont want to say you fucked yourself by modifying your body the way you did but in a sense you may have limited yourself in your community. start a band or really bust your ass in the art world. if you dont look like a faggot you could possibly get a job in construction. if you can handle the work. get a bar tenders license and find a job a a punk bar or some shit. its ok to cry.

Originally posted by skaterzoot

dude if youve been with coppiers for 5 years is that what you wanna do with you life?

dude, not everyone JUMPS at college straight out the box.. some people like to move around when they are still young.. i.e. 18-22 or so. jesus i WISH i would have traveled and done some fun shit before i strapped myself down to this hell, now im 21+ and hating EVERYTHING, 60k dollars in debt to student loans, and i'll have even LESS of an idea of what i want to do now cuz the illusion has been destroyed.

fuck everything.

be a bounty hunter, those guys rock soo damn hard, and they are some goofy lookin bastards... im sure they can handle some tattoos.

"at work, does anyone ever say you've got a case of the mondays?"

"hell no, i reccon you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that"

haha.

Guest me IS cool

Do you live on the west coast (i.e. Southern California)? Because if any of you unemployed fuckers are interested UPS is hiring for part time and full time Loading and Unloading.

They start you off at $8.50 an/hr. $0.50 increase after 90 days.

3-5 Hours a day.

15-25 Hours a week.

Various shifts available. E-mail me if you want more info! fatcapkid@yahoo.com

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!:rolleyes:

I think I seethe problem.

employers would much rather have a 'team' of middle-aged drones

with morgage payments and RSPs. They aren't as 'flighty' as young people.

My only advice would be try looking around college campuses or Universities.

They'd be more likely to hire someone who can relate to the students,

as opposed to relating to the baby-boomers-in-suits.

If I have to get a new job, it's going to be bootlegbooze!

the job market in my whole area sucks balls right now...

normally tattoos etc. wouldn't be a problem because i wouldn't be aplying for a job with a dress code...

you should be looking into gettin jobs where dress code doesnt matter...

trust me, if it were an option i wouldn't be applying at any of these places...

as for copiers: hell no it's not what i wanna do with my life, but i do have a lot og experience with them, so i would normally be a shoe in for the job, and it's way easy for me...

also, i was a professional carpenter in the past, and it is something i could go back to if i need to, but construction and going to school don't really mix... i've dropped out of college too many times to count, and i'm trying not to this time...

so the important part about where ever i look for a job is that it can't conflict with school hours... knocks a lot of jobs off the list...

anyways, i think i'll be heading to UPS after this interview today...

Guest -MOE LESTER-

damn im glad i still have 4 years to go untill i have to deal with any of this job/rent bullshit

but i got some business ventures that will keep some cash in my pockets when im broke

i feel ya.

finding a job is really degrading... interviews being the pinnacle.

i have a great job right now that's really flexible, not much responsibility, and gives me a lot of freetime.. but i'm getting laid off soon... so i'll be right there w/ ya.

word. i was trying to post 20 million times when 12oz was nutty.

i used to work at this place when i was 17-18. i worked with copiers PO boxes and UPS FED EX shipping. Well I worked there a month before I got the axe. I still don't know why I got canned. Then I stop by later and theres this 30 something dude working there. I mean this is a shit job. Minimum wage, part time. 100 bucks a week piece of shit job.

To top it off the other guy that would work with me, I think he was retarded. How's that for life?

Oh well it made me feel better when I decided to cash that 600$ worth of money orders I liberated from that store earlier.

Originally posted by Pistol

I think he was retarded. How's that for life?

I'm fucking jealous of retarded people somtimes.

They never get in shit. It's not like a boss would fire

them for not putting the right coloured dots on the files

or whatever the hell joke task they have to do. Plus...

they get free bus passes, tons of cash from the gov't,

they get their employer huge tax incentives so they're

never out of work. Hell... I'm sure that the gov't pays

the company just as much as the company paysthe employee.

I just dont think I could go for mongoloid girls. That scares me.

See he wasn't 100% retarded. I just think he was "a little slow". He was divorced with a kid. So that might have played a part too. Fire the kid with a kid to pay or the other kid.

I think she did it for $$$. Hire part -time workers pay them shit. Fire them before they want raises etc.

She was a lesbian.

Archived