Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FUCK THE SHRINKERS!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 8onus, Nov 10, 2005.

1. 8onus

8onus Banned

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY STRATERA, RITALIN AND ALL THAT OTHER BULLSHIT THAT IS BACKED BY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF RESEARCH DON'T DO SHIT FOR ME, BUT HALF A BLUNT AND IM STRAIGHT.

yeah so pretty much im done with all the shrinky mother fuckers, those bitches are all faggots trying to get they co-pay. this doc perscribed me this shit stratera, i took for three days and felt like ass for all three days so i stopped, come to find out the FDA blackboxed the shit for suicidal tendenicies and adult users have a 20% rate of mania, and a 7& rate of IMPOTENCE!!!! FUCK THAT I AINT GOING OUT LIKE THAT.

fuck em.

2. 12:02p.m

12:02p.m Senior Member

because ritlin is just supposed to make you think your better......its all in your head.......it seems like they actually just put ideas into your head that your fucked up..........thats just my opinion

3. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

all you need is love.. beep boob beedoop

4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

no matter what pills they put you on..you will come out worse than you went in..without a doubt.

5. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Buncha ignorance in this thread. Ritalin does not "put ideas in your head". It's speed, it's supposed to focus the ideas that are in your head. If it doesn't work for you, don't take it. I tried it, didn't like it, switched to Adderall and it works.

And as for the "pills always make you worse" statement, that's a sweepingly generalized load of horseshit.

6. 8onus

8onus Banned

i see what you're saying in general thats true, but i been down with ADD and dislexia since the streets.
    back in the 80s before the whole ADD thing blew up i was one of goergetown's test bunnies, the went to the worst schools and found the worst kids and figured we all had ADD...go figure?
    but now they're saying you out grow the shit...if you do, in my opinion you never had it to begin with, cause i aint outgrown shit, i still suck at school no matter what i do. but regardless, the conditions are real (to some extent) but the drugs are BS.

let me put it like this:
    most the time the cock suckin medical industry creates a disease
    and then the over priced drug to cure it
    in this case they took some shit that very few people have(like what this nigga got!)
    and told every mother fucker they had it, and made a killin.

i dont think ADD is diagnosible before the age of 19 because the symptoms of ADD ADHD are the same symptoms of being a kid. but if you're 21 years old and punching holes in the wall cause you can't read more than a sentence without going ape shit, yeah.

7. 8onus

8onus Banned

naw but the cocksucking doctors do!
    i've probally done more research on this shit than the Dr who wrote your perscription.
    and i swear to you all
    80% of those diagnosed dont have anything that a little exercise and an orgasm wont balance out.

8. fermentor666

Actually, I'm pretty sure you haven't done more research then the doctor who wrote my prescription unless you have more than one medical degree.

And of course Ritalin and Adderall are over-prescribed to kids, old news. What's bullshit is saying that ALL pharmacuticals harm you. That's the kind of thinking that gets people killed, trust me.

9. 12:02p.m

well i meant by taking it you have the idea in your head that the doctors give you....which is basically you need to take this to be normal...they might not say it like that but most doctors do hint at it.

10. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

I agree, Children especially are generally full of energy and hyper-activity and far too often are misdiagnosed as having ADD. I'd say thats nothing a little discipline wont cure.

11. 12:02p.m

and i hear ya 8onus.....about the doctors creating problems and shit.....i went to a psychologist (spelling?) once because i thought maybe i was alittle depressed.......he basically just told me all the problems in my life and basically brought me down and made me depressed for real, when really i was just having a bad week at work.....i agree with you on that point totally!

12. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

Fermentor knows what hes talking about. the rest of you don't. Sure, not all pills work for all people, and for some people pills aren't going to help at all. But honestly, you people are making the most ridiculous generalizations.

13. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

Is ADD over diagnosed? yes. Did the medical industry "create" the disorder and then make a drug to cure it solely to make money? no fucking way.

14. fermentor666

well i meant by taking it you have the idea in your head that the doctors give you....which is basically you need to take this to be normal...they might not say it like that but most doctors do hint at it.
    [post=4164436]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah, well those kind of doctors are stupid and unfortunatly there are a lot of them out there that will just throw pills at a child and leave it at that. I had a doctor do that to me when I was 17 and it wound up doing a lot of harm. And in order to get out of the place that I wound up I was forced to take more medication. 6 months out and I stopped taking it cold-turkey. 5 years later and I find out that by getting prescribed that first drug (Zoloft), the doctor recklessly disregarded my family history and either didn't care enough or was purposely trying to fuck me over.

Either way, I started taking medication (aside from the Adderal) again this year and it helps. I feel comfortable with it and my doctor monitors me closely to make sure there are no ill-effects.

15. 8onus

8onus Banned

1. i aint saying all pharmacuticles are bad, at all, aderall seems to be the best outa all of them, i am saying that the condition at hand is outta hand.

2. i happen to have 5 medical degrees including 3 masters in ghetto pharmacology