Fuck the Flu Season

GLIK$

Since I've started going to the gym 5 days a week instead of 3, I feel like I'm more prone to sickness which shouldn't be the case. I just feel a whole hell of a lot more run down.

I can already feel it starting, and I really can't afford to be sick and layed up in bed.

Fuck this.

What does everyone use as a cold/flu remedy?

I've heard that Elderberry Syrup is the end all of colds.

200.jpg

Im about to drink a glass of Airborne because this shit has always worked.

pr-Over-the-Counter_Medicine-Airborne_Effervescent_Health_Formula_Tablets-resized200.jpg

Anyone else got any super effective methods?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, i was gonna say airborne before you go, but you got that. most cold/flu medicines are the same though. Flu shots are probably going to hit your area soon, or now, if you want to go that route.I aint been sick in like 10 years, shit sucks, i wanted to miss a few days of school for really being sick, but no...

I don't use antibacterial soaps or products, and I'll eat raw meat and things that are supposed to be bacteria-laden (like urinal cakes) when I feel like it. The end result is that I have a functioning immune system and when flu season comes around I never catch anything.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I go to the gym 3 times a week instead of 5, that does it...

Seriously though,

Vitamin C

Echinacea

Proper clothes at all times

getting laid

NO listerine

You may think i'm joking but i'm dead serious.

wash the hands, and emergan-c!

also, i anything zinc. i feel you man, i am not getting that shit this year. fuck that. nuh uh. not gonna happen

i got these zinc glass shot type things you swish in your mouth then swallow. got in em europe. things are magic. zinc kills all cold and flu germs on contact but it has to be contact. zinc losanges are alright.

think the flu's bad? try getting pneumonia the first day of spring... uggghhhh.

Working 30 hours a week along with a 16 credit course load and committed workouts means I cant be sick and miss any days.

It's one of those shut the fuck up and buckle down times.

I'm just trying everything I can to be germ free.

I wash my hands no joke, 15 times a day atleast.

Tess, the proper clothes thing I got covered, Im rarely ever not wearing a jacket or hoodie.

The sex thing I can see too, rush blood throughout the body and get a good sweat.

If you do this RIGHT WHEN YOU START TO FEEL SYMPTOMS, it's a 80% effective cure.

Take three cloves of garlic, a piece of peeled ginger the size of your thumb, and the juice from one lemon. Put it all in a pot, and mash it up with a fork. Pour in a pint of water, and cook it till it boils. Let it cool, strain some of the brew in a glass, and add a little honey or maple syrup. Drink it while it's hot. Repeat until it's all gone.

I won't lie to you, if your metaabolism reacts strongly to garlic, you're gonna stink for a day or two...but, I've done this, and while it's not an overnight cure, it'll help prevent you from being laid out flat by the flu.

Also, astragalus is a Chinese mushroom extract that is a good immune booster. Get it at health food stores. Plus, echinacea, and zinc, and vitamin C...it's all good. You'll pee a rainbow, but they all increase your odds of fighting the flu.

Good luck...and, if you do get sick, DON'T COME TO MY HOUSE.

You know what i find funny about airborne? The make this big hullabaloo about it being made by a teacher, well, arent teachers supposed to be smart anyway? I mean, they teach the masses everyday, from about 5 till about 17 or 18, so shouldnt it be expected that they come up with something like this once in a while? Its made by a teacher! it says on the package, like we think teachers are all morons, and for them to come out with this is amazing...

i am 20 years old and have a very few bumber of sickness

no chickenpox (just ogt round one of the vaccination yesterday... ewwwwwwww needles)

flu ONCE

food poising ONCE

and usually one cold or fever a year. no more no less

all my friends get supersick and i could drink from their cups all day and not catch a thing.