Fuck insurence and fuck credit.

Guest ToYs

Guest ToYs

i swear these 2 things are the most frustrating and retarded concepts in the world.

ok so ive been saving money to get a new car for like 8 months now (i havent had a car in a minute!) so i acumulated a pretty nice sized down payment, and to celebrate the fact that i saved a whole $12.56 i was going to try at a 2003 model, so i looked and bam! found a tight ass saturn ion quad coup that i could afford for like $215 a month. so im hyped, i go do the paper work and now all they need is insurence for the car, i call up my dads insurence and ask for my own insurence account this is the conversation:

ME: You give me insurence now!

THEM: MR. toys, due to your one accident 2 years ago we can not insure you, we can call up our sister company and get a quote for you though.

ME: uhhh sure.

THEM: well lets see now, on accident and no other previous tickets of anykind right?

ME:right.

THEM: ok so your monthly payments with Bullshit Insurence wil be around $475 evey month

ME: *hangs up phone*

yep. 475 a month, so i decide i will look around more and after a week of searching i find on for like $150 a month, which is about as affordable as possible. OK TIME TO BUY A CAR! call up my brother to make sure he can still co-sign for me (18 year olds dont really have credit to buy cars) this is that conversation:

ME: hey bro you still co-signing for me today?

BRO: i cant.

ME: i have no brother. *hangs up*

seeing as how my whole family exept my bro is financially retarrded. this equals no car for me. oh well i like skating anyway.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

get a moped or motorcycle. insurance is cheaper becuase you can't cause much damage to other people's cars or person. they payments will be cheaper too.

or just get an older car, insurance for a new car is crazy expensive.

my car insurance is $2400 a year and i'm 24 plus a gigantic car payment. cars suck. debt rules my life.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by ToYs

THEM: ok so your monthly payments with Bullshit Insurence wil be around $475 evey month

ME: *hangs up phone*

hahaa, i prolly would have collapsed.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

get a moped or motorcycle. insurance is cheaper becuase you can't cause much damage to other people's cars or person.

not really.

Maybe a moped is cheaper but the insurance on a motorcycle is nuts!

It depends on a few factors though. If you want a 'sport' bike instead

of a 'sport cruiser' or a 'touring' bike you'll pay though the nose. Also

most auto insurance companies charge incredibly more than they should.

There are companies that specialize in motorcycle insurance. They would

be your best bet. And need I mention that young males are the most

expensive group to insure? Well we are, and probably for good reason.

go for a bike (no motor)

i used to sell cars so here are a few things that might help you out.

If the dealership wants to sell the car that bad they will pay your first months insurance for you, however they will tack the cost on to the back end of the deal. This shouldnt make your payment go up that much.

Now you have to buy full coverage in order to drive the car off the lot, however you can drop it down to just liability once you leave. that way you're not out of pocket after you leave the dealership and are not stuck with something that you can not pay.

As for a co x i dont know how jacked up your families credit is but i have worked some miracles where i have sold cars to people that have no L's and no insurance with outstanding car loans in excess of $15,000. I've done everything from perfect credit to the most fucked up credit you can imagine. As long as you have about $1500 as a down payment there should be a bank that will finance you co x or not.

If you have any other questions just put em up here and i'll try to help you out

Guest bug

god your only 18 and you want to tie yourself down with debt and years of bills. :spent:

get a bike and a bus pass. save your money and travel to europe or something. new cars are so lame

yeah don't bury yourself in debt so early. thats a cool $500 out of your pocket a month for car/insurance/gas. and for an ion? i got a nice car when i was youngish, it was ok to have a nice ride, but it is one thing i seriously regret in my life. i had a hard time keeping up. buy a used car

Originally posted by mr.yuck

Now you have to buy full coverage in order to drive the car off the lot, however you can drop it down to just liability once you leave. that way you're not out of pocket after you leave the dealership and are not stuck with something that you can not pay.

thats not legal though if you have a loan, the finance company usually will make you carry full coverage. plus if you had only liability and you did total your car you will be out a ton of cash.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

thats not legal though if you have a loan, the finance company usually will make you carry full coverage. plus if you had only liability and you did total your car you will be out a ton of cash.

word? I knew you had to keep up some type of insurance but i didnt know you had to keep up the full coverage.... Yeah if you stop paying your insurance the bank will reposes your shit. Im not 100% sure but i think that the law vaarys from state to state. I hope nobody i sold a car to took that piece of advice.

Selling cars is pretty shady though. I sold this 20 year old guy a car under his, just turned, 18 year old girlfriends name who had good credit cuz her daddy paid off all her credit cards. I had them sign a contract and didnt give them their copy so when a better deal was faxed to us from a bank i told them that i accidentally had them sign the wrong persons contract and i needed them to come back and resign. I made an extra $200.

I've seen these companies go as far as to forge drivers licences to send to the banks if the deal is really good.

What a fun job.http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

dont buy a new car.

get a loan and buy an 88 civic. as gay as they are, do you really need that much debt at such an age? i dont.

im already in debt, and have 389 dollar a month car payments. one accident, no tickets.

maybe just register and insure it in saskatchewan.

bikes are cheaper.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by ToYs

ME: hey bro you still co-signing for me today?

BRO: i cant.

ME: i have no brother. *hangs up*

:lol:

just buy a used car

new cars are for suckers

women cant drive

2 years ago i had a 16 year old girl in a lifted truck

run up over my tailgate and into the bed of my truck at a stoplight

the girl just got her license and her pops had just bought her the truck

it must have had a 9 or 10 inch lift on it

but even if it was a stock height she still would have been a horrible driver

i also constanly see crashed on the side of the road and some girl is bawling her eyes out

because she hit someone and doesnt want to get in trouble

fuck insurance companies

insurance salesmen are shitbags

I'm gonna have to go with When on this one...new cars are definitely for suckers. second you drive it off the lot...its worth like 3 grand less...instantly.

get a used honda, acura or subaru. those things last forever with very little maintenance. I bought my car used and all I've done to it is brakes and wipers.

yeah, I realize I'm planning on buying a new Subaru...but I've got a huge hook-up that'll put me in it for a few thousand less than all the other suckers. Besides the subies hold their value round here.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'> Subaru!

the first car I ever felt was 'mine' was a 1999 Legacy GT Limited Edition.

It was the finest Subaru of that year, and THAT year they looked like

sporty BMW's instead of the new 'expensive hundai' look.

http://64.95.118.51/images/newworld/256/161519-auto-resized200.gif'>

But Black with black leather and gold trim and gold rims.

get a phone line in your name to establish credit.

if you cant find a car for less than 2500 your trippen.

find a place that doesnt require you to cosign if you really want to get ripped off on an intrest rate with monthly payments.

and stop your crying.

i been takin the bus for deep fool.

here's my best idea. Go pick up a trader and just look through it. You can find hella rides in there for $500 and up. If the car lasts for longer than 3 months then you have already saved some bucks on what you would be paying in payments. But i got a 88 towncar from the trader that cost $700 and it rns strong like the day it was built. Im gonna miss that car.