Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Fuck insurence and fuck credit.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ToYs, May 6, 2003.

1. ToYs

ToYs Guest

i swear these 2 things are the most frustrating and retarded concepts in the world.
    ok so ive been saving money to get a new car for like 8 months now (i havent had a car in a minute!) so i acumulated a pretty nice sized down payment, and to celebrate the fact that i saved a whole $12.56 i was going to try at a 2003 model, so i looked and bam! found a tight ass saturn ion quad coup that i could afford for like $215 a month. so im hyped, i go do the paper work and now all they need is insurence for the car, i call up my dads insurence and ask for my own insurence account this is the conversation:

ME: You give me insurence now!
    THEM: MR. toys, due to your one accident 2 years ago we can not insure you, we can call up our sister company and get a quote for you though.
    ME: uhhh sure.
    THEM: well lets see now, on accident and no other previous tickets of anykind right?
    ME:right.
    THEM: ok so your monthly payments with Bullshit Insurence wil be around $475 evey month
    ME: *hangs up phone*

yep. 475 a month, so i decide i will look around more and after a week of searching i find on for like $150 a month, which is about as affordable as possible. OK TIME TO BUY A CAR! call up my brother to make sure he can still co-sign for me (18 year olds dont really have credit to buy cars) this is that conversation:

ME: hey bro you still co-signing for me today?
    BRO: i cant.
    ME: i have no brother. *hangs up*

seeing as how my whole family exept my bro is financially retarrded. this equals no car for me. oh well i like skating anyway.

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

buy a car from one of those police auction deals

3. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

get a moped or motorcycle. insurance is cheaper becuase you can't cause much damage to other people's cars or person. they payments will be cheaper too.

or just get an older car, insurance for a new car is crazy expensive.

my car insurance is $2400 a year and i'm 24 plus a gigantic car payment. cars suck. debt rules my life.

4. sneak

sneak Guest

hahaa, i prolly would have collapsed.

5. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Member

6. TuffKid

TuffKid Senior Member

smoke weed and ride the bus

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

not really.

Maybe a moped is cheaper but the insurance on a motorcycle is nuts!
    It depends on a few factors though. If you want a 'sport' bike instead
    of a 'sport cruiser' or a 'touring' bike you'll pay though the nose. Also
    most auto insurance companies charge incredibly more than they should.
    There are companies that specialize in motorcycle insurance. They would
    be your best bet. And need I mention that young males are the most
    expensive group to insure? Well we are, and probably for good reason.

go for a bike (no motor)

8. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

i used to sell cars so here are a few things that might help you out.

If the dealership wants to sell the car that bad they will pay your first months insurance for you, however they will tack the cost on to the back end of the deal. This shouldnt make your payment go up that much.

Now you have to buy full coverage in order to drive the car off the lot, however you can drop it down to just liability once you leave. that way you're not out of pocket after you leave the dealership and are not stuck with something that you can not pay.

As for a co x i dont know how jacked up your families credit is but i have worked some miracles where i have sold cars to people that have no L's and no insurance with outstanding car loans in excess of $15,000. I've done everything from perfect credit to the most fucked up credit you can imagine. As long as you have about $1500 as a down payment there should be a bank that will finance you co x or not.

If you have any other questions just put em up here and i'll try to help you out

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

My old insurance company wouldn't even insure my motorcycle despite my phenomenal driving record. Props go to my lawyer...for getting me out of every ticket...no matter how retarded.

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

go for a Honda Ruckus !

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/scooters/2003/Ruckus/Medium/Ruckus_medium_02.jpg'>

look... even the ladies dig it!
    [img]http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/scooters/2003/Ruckus/Medium/Ruckus_medium_04.jpg'>

11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

if the honda has too much power, go for the pedal version.

[​IMG]

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

did you not see the ladies digging the honda?

why mess with very clear advertising?
    If you ride the ruckus, blonds and brunettes in pink shirts will try anyting to entice you to give them a ride.

13. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

that's because the girl on the right has uncomforable shoes on, and her friend is sick of listening to her bitch about her feet. so pretty much they are both willing to ride anything just to get home.

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

15. bug

bug Guest

god your only 18 and you want to tie yourself down with debt and years of bills. :spent:

get a bike and a bus pass. save your money and travel to europe or something. new cars are so lame