Fuck Geese!

Pistol

While browsing around I found this article. I didn't realize these people hate geese so much. If I knew how to shoot and hunt i'd go out there and make my Christmas bonus. Poor geese just passing through the neighborhood. Those city council people sure are gonna teach those dirty rotten geese a lesson for Christmas.

Honk if you want geese gone

From the Journal Sentinel

Last Updated: Dec. 14, 2001

Anyone who thinks Milwaukee County has too many Christmas geese this season should know there is hope that area parks will be fit for human habitation again someday, maybe even someday soon.

Part of the reason that these Canadian visitors seem especially prevalent right now is that many are just stopping here for a quick rest and bite to eat before continuing their journey toward warmer climes. Of course, after the road birds leave, there will still be too many who stay beyond the proverbial three days allowed for fish and guests in the mistaken belief that they've found a permanent home in this great place on a great flyway.

County Supervisor Dan Diliberti noted last spring that there were 400 to 500 Canada geese who had taken up residence in Jackson Park; the other day, he said the number is now up to 1,000. He also pointed out that federal officials pretty much frown on the wholesale slaughter of migrating geese in urban areas, so now is not the time to bring out the guns.

But wait till next year: The county has allocated $50,000 to reduce the number of geese fouling the parks - $30,000 for a pilot project to spray athletic fields and bring in dogs and $20,000 to kill the geese and serve them for dinner at area food pantries. This is in addition to an egg addling program already under way. Of course, it would help, too, if area residents declined to extend a welcoming hand by feeding the birds and making them feel at home.

Once upon a time, Diliberti says, there was some sympathy for the geese in this struggle with nature. Not anymore. "At the meetings with people who use the parks, it's unanimous now that the geese have to go," he said. "People can't take walks; they can't use the parks at all."

That really isn't an acceptable situation for Milwaukee County's nationally renowned parks. Jackson Park wasn't meant to be Horicon Marsh; neither was the lakefront nor the County Grounds. And if needy families can benefit from harvesting the geese, so much the better.

Making the parks user-friendly and feeding the hungry is pretty much a win-win situation.

Except, of course, for the geese.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest dukeofyork

for a second i thought this thread was going to be about fornication with geese...

from the looks of it it would have been better if it were.

if youre a goose that is.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I was pecked in the ass HARD (drew blood) by a pair of geese when I was 6. If they're passive geese, then I'm cool with them, but if they're aggressive, fuck 'em. They're fucking worse than rabid dogs. Beer,

El Mamerro

geese fuck up all kinds of shit. last year there were more Air Force plane crashes cause of geese than anything else.they get sucked in the engine and destroy it causin catastrophic engine failure.so now the A.F.

has hired people to go shoot the geese if they get close too to the flight line!

GEESE KILLA...........FUCK A BUNCH OF GEESE!

Archived