Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FTAA Protest Miami

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by metallix, Nov 14, 2003.

1. metallix

metallix Elite Member

2. caL

caL Senior Member

Ah, i was wondering what that was..

i was watching the news on "el 51" and they were talken about anarchists or some shit coming down to mia this week

all i have to say is.

''dirty hippies.''

3. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Its so much more then that, go learn about it.

FTAA takes away American jobs and exports neo-colonialism all over the world. People in Mexico make shirts for $1 that are sold in the USA for $50.

The guy in mexico makes .10 cents an hour.

4. caL

caL Senior Member

in that case, ill read some.

5. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

who cares?
    if people want to pay $50 for a shirt, let them.
    if people want to make shirts for 10 cents an hour, let them.

dont like it? start your company then you can make the calls.

6. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

That's right, mapo! If someone's not you, then fuck 'em! Forget empathy! Caring is stupid! Why give a damn when you don't have to!

7. metallix

metallix Elite Member

What about having your job lost because someone in (insert random country here) will work your job for pennies?

What about 100 billion dollar trade deficits which devaluates the dollar?

IN neo-classical economics real wealth is the ability to produce goods. What happens when we can no longer produce the goods we consume?

The organizations that dictate the rules in foreign trade are not democratic.

The decisions created at these summits have many direct impacts on your life, as well as general society. Globalization creates uprootings in the fundamental superstructure which leads to fundamentalism as people attempt to look for security in their lives.

There are other ramifications, but im not going to spoonfeed them here. Educate your mind..

8. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

9. boner

boner Junior Member

so does anyone know the deal with labor unions in latin america? should i assume that most union organizers are imprisoned/assassinated? i could look it up myself, but maybe it will help the arguement for the protests...

i have a feeling the protestors will get the same negative image as the seattle protestors, but i think any media attention will be good in this case.