fruit

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, i'm the manager of the produce department at a grocery store and it pisses me off when you see people pick off individual bananas from 5 different bunches. If they have a couple of spots its ok, you won't die. Plus, when bananas start to go brown, they taste the best, ask any monkey.

top 5 fruits list ( in no particular order):

red seedless grapes, blood oranges (oranges except they are red in the middle), gold kiwi, blueberries fom B.C., and apple pears.

Originally posted by Grandola

mangos, kiwi's, watermelon, strawberries, chinease plums, oranges, tangerines, melon, avacado, grapes, these things that grow in my backyard - we call 'em "hoo hoos" but i don't know wtf that would translate into... umm. they look like little minature apples.

the little minature apples that grow in our back yard are called crab apples. Great for pelting people you don't like with, horrible for eating, and usually infested with worms... unless you manage to find clean ones, sour as hell though.

Willy... avacadoes are fruit?

When I used to live in SA, we had these things that grew around my apartment complex called comquats (sp?) and they were pretty good to eat.

Grandola: http://nativeplantproject.tripod.com/treebookimages/chapotefr.jpg'>

chapote.

For the life of me I cannot find a picture of those comquat fruits. I don't even know if that's what they're called. They were small and yellow, about the size of the circle made if you put the tip of your forefinger to the tip of your thumb. A little "peach fuzz." And the insides had the texture of a plum. Oh well, if you find anything that looks like this, eat it, and hope it wasn't the wrong thing, watch out for the seed on the inside. Oh yeah, the leafs were big and waxy.

Archived