Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

From Filet mignon to Chuck steak

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

on a mission to do some bitchin......

So i used to make $18.50 an hour at a warehouse in the east bay doing monkey work and then one day my gf tells me to go back to school.

i bust ass for two years and voila....accepted into prestigious university. I quit my job that pays fat for a better future.

Cut to right now. I am pursuing my education and broke as fuck. i subsidize my weekends by nefarious means because there is no work in this shitty town.

So now I am getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning tommorrow to apply for a MINIMUM (and i do mean minimum) wage job at the library. From almost twenty dollars an hour to fighting fist tooth and nail to get a job that doesn't even pay seven dollars.

I used to flash twenties like nobodies buisness. Now it's plumbing the sofas for change so i can get enough gas to visit my friends in the east bay. Steaks for dinner back in the day and now i'm eating omelets every damn night. I hate eggs even more than ramen now.

Post your stories of being at the top and then hitting the rocks.

2. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

so one time i had 9000 bucks and i was like oh shit i want a slurpee machine..then i flushed it down the toilet because i thought it would be silly to destroy so much money

3. c'mon dude, you know how this goes..you couldnt work there forever and you'd never get more than 20. At some point of your life 20 will sucks ass and hopefully you'd be in the position to make more than that.

Anyway, i feel you on present though...i have no storys to offer other than being the wiz kid everyone knew will do something worthwile to end up scratching my balls to the point they bleed.

4. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

i miss thousand dollar paychecks.

i dont care though.

in 00 i made like thirty g's.

last year i made three.

ima loser baby so why dontcha kill me.

5. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

damn lens, that sucks, damn dman damn damn.

i went from having my car to the point of relieablity an dhaving good money, workin ever day, to workin ever other weeken and now my car is crappin out. damn

6. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

"borrow" some of your girls tit money to make up the difference.

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

oh how i feel you.

Then

• eating out everyday, and good food ($10 sushi meals, $12 pasta meals)
    • always having a minimum of about $20-30 in my wallet
    • having seen every movie out all the time
    • just generally being ALOT better off
    • always having full stocks of paint (good quality paint) and caps

Now
    • I have to sell my playstation2 to pay for textbooks.
    • i have sold almost every nice peice of clothing in my wardrobe for everyday things.

8. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Christ, she bit my head off the other day when i asked her if i could get $2.00 for bridge toll to get homne to (blank).

I dunno, I'd rather starve than hit my old lady up for money. It's just a pride thing I guess.

9. I always borrow money from my girl and always return it, she does the same but i aint taking back...thats my way of balancing back

10. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I made the mistake of putting all of my money in an account that I can't get to until next year. So now that I am broke, I am REALLY broke. I have about $80 total to my name. Talk about living on a shoestring budget.....

11. Oh man... the story of my life.

12. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

GO TO SCHOOL FOR FOUR FIVE YEARS BROKE.. GO FOUR FIVE MORE YEARS PAYIN OFF STUDENT LOANS. 17YRS OLD PLUS 9+YRS EDU... PUSHIN 30 IF YOURE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET IN SCHOOL RIGHT AFTER H.S. HMM 1.5 KIDS IN THE INTERIM= 20K IN CC DEBT RAPID HAIR LOSS AND AN OUTTA SHAPE HUBBY

START A BUT-NAKED HOUSE CLEANING SERVICE FOR KINKY HOUSE WIVES .. FAT ONES TIP LARGE .

13. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

beleive me, you will be glad you did this later on down the track.

14. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

although i'm not there yet, i'm preparing...
    i have a pretty good paying job now, but i highly dislike it and
    need more flexible hours for school.
    hopefully i'll have a new job by summer, but that means less pay.
    and living in chicago is really expensive.
    at least i'll get to wake up later than 7am...thank jeebus.

* and this is supposedly the struggling part of our lives. it should get better soon. soon meaning 10 yrs for me after i get my phd.

15. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Oh I know, that's why I did it. I'm just saying that because of it, I now have no money to spend......