From Filet mignon to Chuck steak

Gunm

on a mission to do some bitchin......

So i used to make $18.50 an hour at a warehouse in the east bay doing monkey work and then one day my gf tells me to go back to school.

i bust ass for two years and voila....accepted into prestigious university. I quit my job that pays fat for a better future.

Cut to right now. I am pursuing my education and broke as fuck. i subsidize my weekends by nefarious means because there is no work in this shitty town.

So now I am getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning tommorrow to apply for a MINIMUM (and i do mean minimum) wage job at the library. From almost twenty dollars an hour to fighting fist tooth and nail to get a job that doesn't even pay seven dollars.

I used to flash twenties like nobodies buisness. Now it's plumbing the sofas for change so i can get enough gas to visit my friends in the east bay. Steaks for dinner back in the day and now i'm eating omelets every damn night. I hate eggs even more than ramen now.

Post your stories of being at the top and then hitting the rocks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

c'mon dude, you know how this goes..you couldnt work there forever and you'd never get more than 20. At some point of your life 20 will sucks ass and hopefully you'd be in the position to make more than that.

Anyway, i feel you on present though...i have no storys to offer other than being the wiz kid everyone knew will do something worthwile to end up scratching my balls to the point they bleed.

oh how i feel you.

Then

• eating out everyday, and good food ($10 sushi meals, $12 pasta meals)
  • always having a minimum of about $20-30 in my wallet
  • having seen every movie out all the time
  • just generally being ALOT better off
  • always having full stocks of paint (good quality paint) and caps

Now

• I have to sell my playstation2 to pay for textbooks.
  • i have sold almost every nice peice of clothing in my wardrobe for everyday things.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

"borrow" some of your girls tit money to make up the difference.

Christ, she bit my head off the other day when i asked her if i could get $2.00 for bridge toll to get homne to (blank).

I dunno, I'd rather starve than hit my old lady up for money. It's just a pride thing I guess.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I always borrow money from my girl and always return it, she does the same but i aint taking back...thats my way of balancing back

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Tesseract

i have no storys to offer other than being the wiz kid everyone knew will do something worthwile to end up scratching my balls to the point they bleed.

Oh man... the story of my life.

GO TO SCHOOL FOR FOUR FIVE YEARS BROKE.. GO FOUR FIVE MORE YEARS PAYIN OFF STUDENT LOANS. 17YRS OLD PLUS 9+YRS EDU... PUSHIN 30 IF YOURE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET IN SCHOOL RIGHT AFTER H.S. HMM 1.5 KIDS IN THE INTERIM= 20K IN CC DEBT RAPID HAIR LOSS AND AN OUTTA SHAPE HUBBY

START A BUT-NAKED HOUSE CLEANING SERVICE FOR KINKY HOUSE WIVES .. FAT ONES TIP LARGE .

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I made the mistake of putting all of my money in an account that I can't get to until next year. So now that I am broke, I am REALLY broke. I have about $80 total to my name. Talk about living on a shoestring budget.....

beleive me, you will be glad you did this later on down the track.

although i'm not there yet, i'm preparing...

i have a pretty good paying job now, but i highly dislike it and

need more flexible hours for school.

hopefully i'll have a new job by summer, but that means less pay.

and living in chicago is really expensive.

at least i'll get to wake up later than 7am...thank jeebus.

* and this is supposedly the struggling part of our lives. it should get better soon. soon meaning 10 yrs for me after i get my phd.

Being Broke

I go to school and work 3-4 nights for rent and food. Amounts to shit at the end of the week, but alll the debt will be worth it in the end. It allowed me a window into the rest of the world so fuck it. forced me into a position to either do something or go back to the min. wage cooking job I had at home.

I have been in school for the past 4 years, jobless, and broke and making what I can from one stupid "get rich" scheme after another. I have decided to actually get a job for the next 5-6 months as a bartender, so I should have some money for a while, then lawschool and again no money...

Hooray for being broke...

Don't ever gamble...

Originally posted by T.T Boy

i dont need money, my beauty pays my ticket everywhere.

word man.. hahahah..

thats myself and my fathers motto.. "the ______ family is always skating by through life on there good looks" ..

Whenever i see him and have good news about whatever, that is the first sentence said..

4 years ago i was pulling in close to 6 figures a year...

i got laid off when the dotcom bubble burst

i own my own company now...but the struggle sometimes really sucks..

i make a living..but i'm not blinging...sometimes i really wish i never did make that much money ..because it kinda sucks to not have it now...

oh damn, chuck steak is good if you know what to look for. you never see the whole blade in steak anymore, so i forgot which, if the blade cross section looks long and like a seven it's good? i don't know, i just grab the piece with a middle that looks almost like rib eye. that works for me most of the time. mad cow, yeah, but what are the chances you get it from one steak, factory hamburger is where it's going to turnup.

today me and a friend stayed at the second best room in a 5 star hotel room, then we drove to KFC to eat. and we didnt even have enough to upgrade our value meals.

hows that for extremes. its like on boiler room when the guys would buy $100,000 cars but then not have $10 to spend on gas. :)

Archived